Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I linked, based on Sweden’s analysis, it’s very possible that people infected with covid19 don’t usually develop antibodies. This was what surprised them, and could be an obstacle towards herd immunity.

that’s already need proven false. 100% of people infected develop antibodies.
It’s also been shown that 30% of unaffected individuals show antibodies based on previous coronavirus infections.

If that were the case, and I ask this genuinely, wouldn’t it just make sense to say open everything immediately? Because literally the only other option would be to wait for a cure, and only the most extreme would think that would make sense.

I don’t see waiting for a cure as an option (never have) to open up. But if people were creating antibodies it would make the idea of keeping everything open more feasible, as that would be a step towards herd immunity. As it is, I’m not a fan of either extreme. Some of the reports I read and didn’t quote from Sweden were pretty out there, and scary if true.

that’s already need proven false. 100% of people infected develop antibodies.
It’s also been shown that 30% if unaffected individuals show antibodies based on previous coronavirus infections.
Thanks, I had not seen that. Sweden’s analysis I quoted clearu said the contrary but it may not be the end all be all. Interesting that your data wasn’t referenced in that article.

I don’t see waiting for a cure as an option (never have) to open up. But if people were creating antibodies it would make the idea of keeping everything open more feasible, as that would be a step towards herd immunity. As it is, I’m not a fan of either extreme. Some of the reports I read and didn’t quote from Sweden were pretty out there, and scary if true.

Right, so that is why I am asking. If antibodies are not being created, and you dont want to stay closed while waiting for a cure, what would be the benefit of slow opening? You have two options in that scenario. Open or Stay Closed until cure.

FWIW, that news article is completely false and antibodies are there.

Right, so that is why I am asking. If antibodies are not being created, and you dont want to stay closed while waiting for a cure, what would be the benefit of slow opening? You have two options in that scenario. Open or Stay Closed until cure.

FWIW, that news article is completely false and antibodies are there.
Maybe it’s just that my mind usually looks for middle ground that I can’t quite make the connection you’re making. Whether the antibodies are being created or not, I see reason for extreme caution but not for prolonged destruction of an economy. I keep seeing the need for balance

Got it - you can get a haircut safely. They are trained and licensed in sanitization, occupancy is limited, must wear a mask the entire time. They cleanup and sanitize after each customer. They wear gloves and mask. I had a haircut 10 days ago.

Restaurants - personal choice. I may go to an outside patio with distancing but will avoid the crowds and wear a mask when not eating.
My wife tested positive at the end of March. I have slept next to her every night in the same bed. We both tested negative at the end of April. She tested positive for antibodies last week. I tested negative. So I've never contracted this evil demon even while literally laying in bed with it. FYI I'm 5'9" 210 lbs (pure fat) and 42 years old. Add that to the data please.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

When I came back from Las Vegas in Mid-February I had a REALLY bad allergy attack. That combined with a week in Vegas and disrupted sleeping and eating patterns, I was sick for about a week. I ended up having to sleep sitting up to keep breathing. Since then I wondered if I actually had Covid 19. This week I got an antibody test, results negative. I'm both relieved and disappointed. Disappointed because if it had been Covid I would be glad I had it and survived. Relieved that I didn't have it and therefore didn't infect anyone I had come in contact with.
Same happened to me except I was in Disney World from February 19-26th. I've tested negative for everything as well.

This is funny....

Did the YouTube sensors remove this video because it doesn't align with the all knowing CDC?

It’s not about being selfish... No one has an obligation to go into poverty for you.
I just really cannot stand that statement which has been made many times in this thread. That statement is everything so much an "all about me" and selfishness.
The debate or counter to that could just as easily be......"No one has to die from covid just so you can go dine out on a Saturday evening or do whatever other leisurely activity you want"
lets face it.......thats what most the arguments from many folks is really about.

Only few are truly concerned with the idea of poverty and or small businesses failing and most all of them is because they themselves are in one or are close to someone in one. So many folks out there using these arguments as though some noble gesture when truth being they simply just want to go back to enjoying their life the way they use to.

There is imo more than enough money out there (already in existence without printing more) that can help everyone get through this without sending millions of more folks into poverty when this is done. Whether the actua decisions have been so correct or not I dint know but the fact that they made them we should be/beeen helping each other get through them.

Thankfully WWII didn't begin tomorrow because with the unwillingness of people to sacrifice we wouldn't win a freaking thing. We wouldn't manufacture a vest, a helmet, a gun, a plane wing , a tank, nothing because we;d all be so much "all about me" and unwilling to sacrifice and help that we should just simply surrender or wait for the enemy to come get us while we are out dining or on the Ferris wheel at the local beech amusement park.

Based on your logic, if WWII broke out tomorrow we would be screwed because people like you would be cowering in the corner. No one is making anyone do anything. If you don't feel safe working at the restaurant, as a cashier, etc. Then don't do it. You will get $600 a week until July 31. I'm 42 years old, if I was "furloughed" bet your arse i would gladly wait tables to feed my family.
How old are you? What is your financial situation? Reason I ask is because you are completely clueless as to what the working class is dealing g with right now. Apparently you have plenty money or live off the government teet.

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is conflating the results of two different types of coronavirus tests, distorting several important metrics and providing the country with an inaccurate picture of the state of the pandemic. We’ve learned that the CDC is making, at best, a debilitating mistake: combining test results that diagnose current coronavirus infections with test results that measure whether someone has ever had the virus."

"This is not merely a technical error. States have set quantitative guidelines for reopening their economies based on these flawed data points."

I've actually noticed that Arizona started doing this a couple of weeks ago (although to be fair to Arizona they do have the data split out if you drill down far enough).

@rollin - it would be very cool if you could do a solid for fellow THPers and let us know how we can tap into this money. Thanks in advance.

"There is imo more than enough money out there (already in existence without printing more) that can help everyone get through this without sending millions of more folks into poverty when this is done."

It is not just about small business, it is about all jobs. The whole economy is tied together. Big industries like airlines and carmakers were idle. Even health care. I’d rather take my chance with a less than 1% mortality rate than be unemployed. The unemployment and CARE hardly covers wages. Plus what good did the lockdown do? China has another outbreak with the strictest lockdown in the world.

Lots of folks earning a living off of public institutions who never had to make a payroll can’t appreciate the damage that has been done to the economy, to families and to even future generations from a virus that disproportionately effects the old, the unhealthy, the obese.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thankfully WWII didn't begin tomorrow because with the unwillingness of people to sacrifice we wouldn't win a freaking thing. We wouldn't manufacture a vest, a helmet, a gun, a plane wing , a tank, nothing because we;d all be so much "all about me" and unwilling to sacrifice and help that we should just simply surrender or wait for the enemy to come get us while we are out dining or on the Ferris wheel at the local beech amusement park.
Or would we not win because everybody would be cowering inside their homes, scared to venture outside to go to work to manufacture all those things? Content to sit back and suck up unemployment and the free government cheese, and ask for more, more, more.

My wife tested positive at the end of March. I have slept next to her every night in the same bed. We both tested negative at the end of April. She tested positive for antibodies last week. I tested negative. So I've never contracted this evil demon even while literally laying in bed with it. FYI I'm 5'9" 210 lbs (pure fat) and 42 years old. Add that to the data please.

We are all different.

Skinny guys get heart attacks; some morbidly obese guys don't ... just the way of the world. Add that to your knowledge base please.

I just really cannot stand that statement which has been made many times in this thread. That statement is everything so much an "all about me" and selfishness.
The debate or counter to that could just as easily be......"No one has to die from covid just so you can go dine out on a Saturday evening or do whatever other leisurely activity you want"
lets face it.......thats what most the arguments from many folks is really about.

Only few are truly concerned with the idea of poverty and or small businesses failing and most all of them is because they themselves are in one or are close to someone in one. So many folks out there using these arguments as though some noble gesture when truth being they simply just want to go back to enjoying their life the way they use to.

There is imo more than enough money out there (already in existence without printing more) that can help everyone get through this without sending millions of more folks into poverty when this is done. Whether the actua decisions have been so correct or not I dint know but the fact that they made them we should be/beeen helping each other get through them.

I’ve read every one of your posts, and we wouldn’t be able to win WWII right now because people like you would be too afraid to leave their house, let alone fight anyone....

87E7C27F-989A-4EE3-B123-B2662F05D684.jpeg

For the last time, No one is obligated to do anything because it makes YOU feel better...

If you want to stay at home, stay at home.
But I shouldn’t have to stay home because you want me to stay home.
No one is obligated to go into poverty, to make you feel better.
No one is obligated to lose their house to make you feel better.
No one is obligated to set their family’s future on fire to make you warm.

You realize the money spent on the activities that you have deemed selfish, feed the families of those that provide the service of those activities?

“Only few are truly concerned with the idea of poverty and or small businesses failing and most all of them is because they themselves are in one or are close to someone in one. So many folks out there using these arguments as though some noble gesture when truth being they simply just want to go back to enjoying their life the way they use to.”

You know this ⬆️, how? You have knowledge of everyone’s financial situation?

In a history of nonsensical posts, this is your most nonsensical effort yet.

“There is imo more than enough money out there (already in existence without printing more) that can help everyone get through this without sending millions of more folks into poverty when this is done. Whether the actua decisions have been so correct or not I dint know but the fact that they made them we should be/beeen helping each other get through them.”

We don’t need help each other monetarily, if we just allow everyone to help themselves by lifting the lockdown.

We are all different.

Skinny guys get heart attacks; some morbidly obese guys don't ... just the way of the world. Add that to your knowledge base please.
Then you do you and don't tell anyone else how to do them. This issue is black and white. You either stay home or get out in the world and contribute.
giphy.gif

After Memorial day my job is bringing everyone back to onsite work ( IT stuff ) since we have a client doing vaccine trials for this mess and the orders for devices are 5-10k. Not my department but may have to help when slow. Going to miss my one week onsite, one week working from home doing nothing rotation the past month and a half.

Taking the turnpike to Jersey tomorrow afternoon. Hoping for light traffic.

@rollin - it would be very cool if you could do a solid for fellow THPers and let us know how we can tap into this money. Thanks in advance.

"There is imo more than enough money out there (already in existence without printing more) that can help everyone get through this without sending millions of more folks into poverty when this is done."
It is called wealth redistribution

Yes, unemployment + $600 per week.

My mom is a Licensed Massage Therapist. She has a private practice. She has been unable to draw anything here in Ohio or at the federal level shy of the one time stimulus check. Luckily her husband, a private practice Psychologist has been able to do phone appointments throughout. Can’t really do that with massage.

Also luckily she and he have been able to resume normal activity this week, masks worn of course.

It’s nice when I go over to their house. I get fed organic food with who knows what supplements she thinks I need thrown in. I can also get my head and my back worked on all in one stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back