Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Trump just declared Houses of Worship essential....

Now is a Baseball Stadium a place of worship? I’m joking...

Just saw this a red light in front of the New Orleans Airport. People getting ansy around here.
fbb40d4239204d122ac7fa595bbb3a73.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I hate it when FB knows what I have been doing all day
3665925C-E85A-47C2-BD20-586FC4D23735.png

Doctors in Northern California say they have seen more deaths from suicide than they’ve seen from the coronavirus during the pandemic.

“The numbers are unprecedented,” Dr. Michael deBoisblanc of John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek, California, told ABC 7 News about the increase of deaths by suicide, adding that he’s seen a “year’s worth of suicides” in the last four weeks alone.

I'm going to counter this with a case where shelter in place saved the lives of countless children. Here locally we had a small plane crash and burst into flames on the playground of an elementary school during school hours. I think that this is clear and indisputable evidence that SIP saves children. Why do people want the children to suffer? :greenalien:

True story though.

Thankfully, PA will enter all counties into the "yellow phase" on June 4th. We are clearly not going to meet the required numbers given by the state Governor, but thankfully he has finally realized that those numbers were unobtainable and will allow some businesses to open. We still don't have restaurants, salons, and many others, but it's at least a start. Just amazing that he waiting this long and then just gave up because of the pressure. The Governor could have allowed our counties to open weeks ago under the exact same daily numbers, but choose not to allow then.

Fauci is a joke, trying to have it both ways...He thought it best to wait until we were on the verge of total economic collapse before letting us know.

Fauci is a joke, trying to have it both ways...He thought it best to wait until we were on the verge of total economic collapse before letting us know.

About time he figured that out. I'll bet his crotch is sore from straddling that fence so hard.

It is amazing how time seems to be warped during this stuff. I don‘t really get to jazzed up for the weekend....seems to be one endless loop. At least work is busy and we haven’t missed a day due to this stuff.

Fauci is a health advisor who recommends how best to navigate the country's medical predicament. He is one member of a team that includes other experts, including economic professionals. If you are blaming Fauci for the economic issues, you might want to look at the person running the team and figure out who let Fauci's voice override the other professionals of said team. Don't forget that decisions come from the top and at this stage, Fauci is far too convenient a scapegoat, the boss loves a good fall guy.

About time he figured that out. I'll bet his crotch is sore from straddling that fence so hard.

I actually laughed out loud.

Based on your logic, if WWII broke out tomorrow we would be screwed because people like you would be cowering in the corner. No one is making anyone do anything. If you don't feel safe working at the restaurant, as a cashier, etc. Then don't do it. You will get $600 a week until July 31. I'm 42 years old, if I was "furloughed" bet your arse i would gladly wait tables to feed my family.
How old are you? What is your financial situation? Reason I ask is because you are completely clueless as to what the working class is dealing g with right now. Apparently you have plenty money or live off the government teet.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
I have no clue about the working class? Oh boy........you would of course have no clue about me.

I am far from rich. In fact I am vary far from any upper middle class as well. Have no material assets at 55 yrs old except for my (still unpaid for) house which is still about 3/4 still owned by the bank so i dont even technically have that asset. Still paying college loan for my kid. Only just got ourselves out of a lot of other debt finally in our mid 50's. We had a lot of bad luck which i wont explain that all cause it would take too long, We Have only small savings and hoping that our pension funds will be enough when and if we can retire some 7 or so years from now as we need to wait for SS in order to even be able to retire.

Working my entire life since a teen at odd jobs and paid 100% for my own trade school some 30 years ago before falling into my still current trade. Tried my own business at one point (part of that bad luck mentioned earlier).
My wife and I have had to both always work to make ends meet and raise our family and household and still do. Though we do now in our 50's both make a decent enough salary which finally took us out of the forever debt we were in most all our entire marriage and family life.

But to be honest.......this thread has become to the point where you have to agree with one model and anything outside that is getting mocked and ridiculed.

We have paid into the system for over 60 years combined while never receiving one single dime for anything for us or our two kids and only managed barely any life savings at all to this day hence why we have to count on our retirement funds only hoping they along with SS are enough when the time comes. So with that......I never sat pretty, I never received a thing from any Gov, lived paycheck to paycheck many times having to pay bills late and only now in our mid and late 50's are we finally beginning to live with just a tad less financial stress and honestly now that this thing hit , it has killed our retirement funds so even those life long retirement funds (which is really all we have) are now going to be pretty scary as to whether or not we will even be able to retire in our low 60s as we were only hoping for to begin with. Now? I just dont know.

So there ya go in a nutshell just a little bit about my life. As you can see i have no clue about the working class.

fwiw I never in any post i have ever written in this thread ever said whats right or wrong decisions as for shutting down was. And all i was saying in my latest post was that since the decision was made for us (right or wrong and like it or not) is that we needed to help each other and i believe we could all be getting through this whole thing without anyone having to fall into true poverty and starving to death. So its got nothing to do with being a coward or scared of the virus. It has to do with being upset that almost no one is willing sacrifice for the good of everyone to stay safer in the environment in which the powers that be made the choice (right or wrong) for us and hence my metaphor about WWII starting tomorrow. There is simply almost zero unity and willingness to sacrifice anymore. That imo is what the cowardliness is, and not the other way. My kid (though not a medical care giver) is on the front line everyday as he goes to work in a NYC hospital along side the medical care givers.

To be honest...........this thread has become one of which developed where you either agree with one side or you get mocked and even smacked. And ive not even said I am 100% one side or the other but just try to understand both and give comment and or challenge some the things that dont seem or feel right to me as for how people are making there points and the logic's they use.

You see its easy when the owner has the similar view because thats the one more posters can more easily then get behind and those folks also tend to start to eel they are more correct when some their opinion is challenged and the thread (by default) becomes one sided and any other view or question/challenge (while certainly allowed and accepted) also gets mocked and even smacked. Not by the owner but by the simple gravity (for lack of a better metaphor) of those who collectively found and bound to that safer side of debate. The thread by default sort of loses folks with different views or folks who question views and eventually rails more and more in one direction.

Last edited:
Fauci is a health advisor who recommends how best to navigate the country's medical predicament. He is one member of a team that includes other experts, including economic professionals. If you are blaming Fauci for the economic issues, you might want to look at the person running the team and figure out who let Fauci's voice override the other professionals of said team. Don't forget that decisions come from the top and at this stage, Fauci is far too convenient a scapegoat, the boss loves a good fall guy.

There are a lot of people that have been saying the same thing about Fauci since the beginning of this thread. But its hard to hear leaders and media claim they will be listening to Fauci and team to make guidance, until now, when he flip flopped again.

With the ever changing landscape, for any areas to go SIP through August, when we haven’t hit June 1, when the medical leader we took our advice from originally and throughout even flip flops is pure crazy talk In my opinion.

I watched his WH Covid 19 briefings almost without exception and don’t recall him acknowledging this once.

Fauci should be fired for being incompetent. The issue is that he loves the attention, he loves being “America’s Doctor” and never passed up on an opportunity to go into business for himself on interviews with any news channel that would have him on.

Fauci deserves all of the blame that is coming his way.

You see its easy when the owner has the similar view because thats the one more posters can more easily then get behind and those folks also tend to start to eel they are more correct when some their opinion is challenged and the thread (by default) becomes one sided and any other view or question/challenge (while certainly allowed and accepted) also gets mocked and even smacked. Not by the owner but by the simple gravity (for lack of a better metaphor) of those who collectively found and bound to that safer side of debate. The thread by default sort of loses folks with different views or folks who question views and eventually rails more and more in one direction.

Let’s roll back the martyr card a bit. The last 2 bannings of forum members here were both because of their nonstop right wing political talk.

There is virtually nobody in this thread, regardless of political views that would agree with you to just have the government support us since they have plenty of money. In fact both sides have been very clear as of late about opening safely.

But it is posts like this that do tell us that perhaps we have let this go on long enough and just close the thread. Although better than the guy we banned that called me a Nazi...Which is funny considering my religion.

I watched his WH Covid 19 briefings almost without exception and don’t recall him acknowledging this once.

Fauci should be fired for being incompetent. The issue is that he loves the attention, he loves being “America’s Doctor” and never passed up on an opportunity to go into business for himself on interviews with any news channel that would have him on.

And he is only one guy. What about the other 950,000 doctors? lol

Well, at least you've backed off the claim that Fauci needs to be stripped of his constitutional rights (very ironic btw) and shipped off to Gitmo. :ROFLMAO:

Well, at least you've backed off the claim that Fauci needs to be stripped of his constitutional rights (very ironic btw) and shipped off to Gitmo. :ROFLMAO:
He might still go to Gitmo after due process of course.

Lots of newfound support for the Tenth Amendment from the blue checkmark brigade today.

It’s a lose, lose here because when Trump brought in the economic advisors to open up the country he was slammed for listening to non medical professionals because this was a medical issue not an economic issue. Now he should take the blame for listening to the medical professional. Which one is it?

Lots of newfound support for the Tenth Amendment from the blue checkmark brigade today.
The Feds do have the authority to step in on the States if they are restricting Civil Rights. Equal Protection and all of that...

The Feds might just take over, but it will be to open the States.

It’s quite a conundrum...

It’s a lose, lose here because when Trump brought in the economic advisors to open up the country he was slammed for listening to non medical professionals because this was a medical issue not an economic issue. Now he should take the blame for listening to the medical professional. Which one is it?

It sure seems like it just depends on which side of the fence you fall off.....but it is not political o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back