Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would argue that it’s not political at all, unless you consider discussing the facts of the pandemic response political. Certainly not as political as mentioning assassination as a certain governors potential outcome.

I guess I’m confused, you asked me a direct question and reiterated that you wanted an answer. Maybe it was rhetorical, my apologies.

It was rhetorical. I was trying to show you that there are two sides but all you do is post about one and make it political. It’s clear you are not capable of seeing that.

You need to look into something called EMDR. It will change your life.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

You may actually mean this in a kind way, but it could also very easily be taken as an insult, so I ask that you please refrain from comments like this again. Thank you.

I didnt try to tell people just how they should spend thier day. Lets not twist this into anything more. I only suggested the idea of what memorial day really is and also I only at one point suggested maybe to take a moment to reflect on that if they want while we are at home this current memorial day not usually doing what we normally might be doing on other memorial days in the pat. . I even mention Im as guilty as anyone at normally forgetting why we even have the day as a holiday.
Just the idea that I get so much negative response for that is just ridiculous. I mean how dare I mention to remind us what memorial day is really for. I guess thats a crime that i did that.

You really need to chill out. If people are constantly taking your posts wrong don’t you think, just maybe, it’s you and not everyone else? Instead of constantly telling everyone how they should feel just worry about you.

This is a blanket statement for everyone in this thread, you guys all need to knock it off. Everyone needs to learn to see both sides or just don’t post in here. You don’t have to agree with both sides, but at least allow yourself to try and see it from the other person’s perspective. There are a million times I have wanted to tell someone in this thread I think they are way off base in their beliefs, but it’s not my place to tell someone else how to think or feel.

I will come in and tell someone to knock it off, no matter if I agree with them or not, but let’s try to act like adults and be a bit more open minded, or be more restrained and keep our opinions to ourselves.

And let’s stop trying to call our opinions facts because honestly there are no facts with COVID. Every day we learn something new that contradicts what we learned the day before. Everything is an assumption right now and I’m sick and tired of someone coming in and acting like a condescending jerk and telling someone something is a fact when it’s honestly nothing more than today’s assumption and tomorrow’s misinformation. Enough already. How about we go back to simply talking about how this virus is impacting you locally, just like the thread title says.

And to take that a step further - if somebody near you farts indoors, you'll still smell it even if you're wearing a mask. That means those airborne particles have made it to your nose, even with the mask on. If a fart can make it through, how is a mask going to magically filter out 'rona particles? It would be interesting to know the difference in particle size between the two. All I know about it is that I've read in several places that the size of COVID-19 viral particles is much smaller than what a mask is capable of filtering.
So a coronavirus is 100-1000 times larger than a molecule of the compound that makes a fart smell. That is why a virus gets trapped behind a mask and a fart does not. There you go. Wear a mask when you go to a store. I freaking love science.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/fart-pants-mask-protect-virus-050056776.html

I mean the following sincerely and I’m not slamming you at all, just making a random comment:

What a great age we live in when we’ve advanced so far scientifically and medically that the expectation is we can create and mass produce a vaccine for a previously unseen virus within a matter of months. And we just might! It really is amazing if you think about it.

Yep it does seem far fetched, but with the advances in computing and experiences with other viruses it should be possible with the full weight of the world's money and panic pushing it along.

Well obviously it is not possible since no one has done it......OR (que the dramatic music) it has been done but the orange man has held it back to vex the "other" people in states like Cal. or New York or Mass. and thin out the old people taking up too much space. :cool:

I watch the Big Bang Theory most nights and I must have a TV's impression of really smart people, but maybe there are not 100's or 1,000's of nerds locked in isolation rooms trying to undo this virus...OR (again with the music) it is definitely a manufactured virus that the key to it was hidden very deep so it is impossible to stop and the plan all along to drive down the world's Oil prices worked perfectly.

So the worlds biggest consumer could stock up at the lowest prices in decades...a 5,000 year old society makes long term plans.

Saw an interesting stat from TN this morning and have a question for any Tennesseans out there.

This year there have been 373 automobile related deaths in TN and 315 COVID-19 deaths.

Have each of you sold your cars?

Just worth mentioning that technically Memorial day was not meant for parties and celebrations but is actually about mourning , remembering, and paying respects to those that gave their lives for us. We some how lost that ideology in our 3day party weekend summer kickoff celebration. And yes some can or will suggest that we also can "celebrate" the lives of those who sacrificed but again not really what its about. And all that said I fully admit im just as guilty as anyone in overlooking what it really is.
And various people want a 9/11 “Holiday” to honor the victims. Yes, “NEVER FORGET... 50% off all Big Screen TV’s!!!”

It was rhetorical. I was trying to show you that there are two sides but all you do is post about one and make it political. It’s clear you are not capable of seeing that.

I guess rhetorical questions don’t translate well in text form. Like I said, my bad.

I truly am not trying to make it political, heck, I voted for the dude. I am simply critical of the response, if that’s somehow seeing only one side, then .

ok folks....so i am sorry I tried to point out that memorial day was not really abut partying but more about paying respect and honoring and mourning those killed.

I mean I only responded to a post that showed where a governor told his citizens of his state that they can find other ways to "enjoy" their holiday weekend. And it simply made me think that at some point we kind of lost what the day is really about. Lets face it.....most people (including myself) simply view it as start of summer and a 3day weekend to BBQ or whatever else and most forget what it even is.

Thats just a truth. So forgive me for trying to send a little something out there to remind us for what memorial day is which (lets be honest) most of us dont really give much a thought to normally. Just maybe in these social distancing circumstances we can take one or two moment to think abut that while we cant have our normal BBQ party celebrations where we usually dont give it a single drop of thought at all.
But apparently no one needed to be reminded of this nor wants to here it and we should all just party hardy and forget what the day is about. I dont know ..........I though i was doing a good respectful thing. But sorry as usual most people have to find something wrong with even just something simple like this.

Regardless of all those who might like us to party drunk and break-dance on top their graves to celebrate their lives.........Tons of killed who by no choice of their own and scared out their minds was sent to front lines and were killed that just maybe would like us to spend a few hours remembering them for what they sacrificed on our behalf. I have no issue with the parties either (I do them myself most my life) but only thought it good to mention and sometimes remember what its really about.
My wife who is an 8 year vet and served in Iraq and is now finishing her 3rd year of medical residency says she really couldn’t care less how people do their memorial day ...as does my best friend who served in the army.

0B544196-40C2-4BF6-AC70-D558FEE706B1.jpeg

I didnt try to tell people just how they should spend thier day. Lets not twist this into anything more. I only suggested the idea of what memorial day really is and also I only at one point suggested maybe to take a moment to reflect on that if they want while we are at home this current memorial day not usually doing what we normally might be doing on other memorial days in the pat. . I even mention Im as guilty as anyone at normally forgetting why we even have the day as a holiday.
Just the idea that I get so much negative response for that is just ridiculous. I mean how dare I mention to remind us what memorial day is really for. I guess thats a crime that i did that.

No you didn't tell us how to spend our Memorial Day (it should be capitalized by the way), you just inferred that anyone who does celebrate it with a few beers and a BBQ is less than dirt.

Saw an interesting stat from TN this morning and have a question for any Tennesseans out there.

This year there have been 373 automobile related deaths in TN and 315 COVID-19 deaths.

Have each of you sold your cars?
I’ll do you one better...

Deaths via Drug Overdose in Nashville since March 1st: 107

Deaths via Covid-19 in Nashville since March 1st: 51

But there are some that are all like this:

780217E1-61EF-463E-A3F8-263F77A3D76F.jpeg
#TrustFauci

So we are still in Phase 2 of reopening...

I didn't realize that one advisor called all of the shots in the States.

Seems like a major issue based on the voice of a few here.

I didn't realize that one advisor called all of the shots in the States.

Seems like a major issue based on the voice of a few here.
C1771F79-FD59-4A2D-98E6-D8F223CA3146.jpeg
Nope... Doesn’t pass the sniff test.

Can’t say that the powers that be should have known Fauci was wrong, and blame them. When the MSM lionized the guy.

For the record, I was always on the “Fauci is full of ****” side of the Debate.

Although I like the mask, I’m chuckling because of the sign over your left shoulder. Nothing like an attorney advertising sign.

hahaha. We got to go out to eat again today. It was glorious and if fup and others didn’t point it out I would have never noticed it was there.

514121A9-EB34-4E84-B5F0-E3D86B458CF7.jpeg
I’ll just leave this here... Talk among yourselves.

Let’s keep the politics out please

View attachment 8945258
Nope... Doesn’t pass the sniff test.

Can’t say that the powers that be should have known Fauci was wrong, and blame them. When the MSM lionized the guy.

For the record, I was always on the “Fauci is full of ****” side of the Debate.

I'm not saying he isn't full of it, but is one guy seriously calling all of the shots?

Grandma and Great Grandma watching the little guy and the wife and get to go to a restaurant. Feeling human again!

Yes, we are still alive and healthy!

F82D3A00-1589-4A7B-965A-87256B49F164.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back