Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you didn't tell us how to spend our Memorial Day (it should be capitalized by the way), you just inferred that anyone who does celebrate it with a few beers and a BBQ is less than dirt.
I would like to know where when I ever implied if we party with some beers and bbq on Memorial Day that they are less than dirt. I even went on to say how im just as guilty as anyone in often forgetting what the day is really about.
All Ive ever done (as for Memorial Day) was respond to a post in which talked about a governors statement about "enjoying" Memorial Day and i thought it was a nice thing to do to mention just perhaps that we sometimes forget what the holiday really is.

I really dont get how that got so freaking complicated and all twisted up in myself telling anyone they are lower than dirt. I did not do that at all!

I would like to know where when I ever implied if we party with some beers and bbq on Memorial Day that they are less than dirt. I even went on to say how im just as guilty as anyone in often forgetting what the day is really about.
All Ive ever done (as for Memorial Day) was respond to a post in which talked about a governors statement about "enjoying" Memorial Day and i thought it was a nice thing to do to mention just perhaps that we sometimes forget what the holiday really is.

I really dont get how that got so freaking complicated and all twisted up in myself telling anyone they are lower than dirt. I did not do that at all!
The problem is if you don't agree with some peoples point of view you are wrong apparently

623F83FB-D63F-409D-8337-664712C694B6.jpeg

Like I said earlier, if everyone else is reading your posts wrong, maybe, just maybe it’s not everyone else but instead it’s you. I’m not saying you meant how everyone read it, but maybe you need to rethink how you word things because it’s rubbing many the wrong way.

The problem is if you don't agree with some peoples point of view you are wrong apparently

Sometimes people just have a hard time wording things and when left up to interpretation are taken wrong. However, like I have said numerous times now, If this is constantly happening maybe it’s time to find a better way of wording things.

Now, I will add that a big issue in this thread, and the world as a whole, is exactly what you said, and what I tried to explain to other members in here as well, that people seem to have a really hard time to see something from any other side except the one they believe it. It’s a huge issue and what causes 90% of the disagreements in here.

Wait until 2 weeks from now... Just like Florida... 🙄
"No, not that two weeks....you just wait til another two weeks!"
"...Another two weeks from now, you'll see!!1!!!!111!!"
"Just wait, you'll see I'm right...TWO MORE WEEKS!!!"

"No, not that two weeks....you just wait til another two weeks!"
"...Another two weeks from now, you'll see!!1!!!!111!!"
"Just wait, you'll see I'm right...TWO MORE WEEKS!!!"
at least it's not 3 weeks

Sorry, that I asked a question as to why a single man was taking so much heat. Was legit wondering.

I guess it's hard to ask a real question in a thread with so much garbage mixed in.

Because of who he is, is the genuine reason. He is the director of infectious disease. His word has carried more weight than just about anybody in the world in terms of this type of situation.

He is also the lead member of the COVID19 Task Force.

Because of who he is, is the genuine reason. He is the director of infectious disease. His word has carried more weight than just about anybody in the world in terms of this type of situation.

So is he bullying everyone else on the task force? I'm assuming that's a team of people. Rather he's the head or not, seriously interested why he's carried all of the blame and not the task force that he speaks on behalf of.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve any blame from people, but based on what some have posted in here I'd say it's similar to what some would otherwise be referred to as a "witch hunt"

And here I thought Pence was the Chairman of the Task Force, assigned by Trump.

And Fauci rose to prominence because GOP Senators* encouraged Trump to do so. Yet amazingly enough ... only Fauci takes the fall.

*https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...to-make-fauci-face-of-governments-coronavirus

So is he bullying everyone else on the task force? I'm assuming that's a team of people. Rather he's the head or not, seriously interested why he's carried all of the blame and not the task force that he speaks on behalf of.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve any blame from people, but based on what some have posted in here I'd say it's similar to what some would otherwise be referred to as a "witch hunt"

He has been with administrations for a LONG TIME and as lead member of the team and head of infectious disease, his words have carried weight. Fortunately we do have a team, such as Birx and others, because Fauci has been wrong or flip flopped a LOT over the last several months causing many to question whether or not he should still in the position.

There are many that think he loves the camera and this is his big spot. I’m not necessarily one of those, but have viewed his thoughts as irrational throughout in terms of differing with so many and making predictions based on WHO information that was at best flawed and at worst...Well, we have been down that path.

And here I thought Pence was the Chairman of the Task Force, assigned by Trump.

You have such a delightful way with words.:rolleyes:

I didnt say he was the Chairman, I said he was the lead, which is true. Pence was assigned by Trump to organize and build the team and handle overseeing the group as a whole.

You may want to take a break.
giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Uhhh, are you talking about the bad orange man? Asking for a friend.

And nice edit...

I didnt make this political, but you continue you to do so.
As @GolferGal said, enough already or find someplace else to post it.
Yes, I made the edit before I saw your response. It wasn't a "gotcha" type edit, as I was adding what I thought was pertinent information to the discussion. I'll bow out though, this is getting too heated to bother. Both sides have dug in and nothing will get resolved (nothing really has).

Uhhh, are you talking about the bad orange man? Asking for a friend.

No???

I'm talking about the Task Force and the other members, which includes head of the economic council and a bunch of other non epidemiologist.

He has been with administrations for a LONG TIME and as lead member of the team and head of infectious disease, his words have carried weight. Fortunately we do have a team, such as Birx and others, because Fauci has been wrong or flip flopped a LOT over the last several months causing many to question whether or not he should still in the position.

There are many that think he loves the camera and this is his big spot. I’m not necessarily one of those, but have viewed his thoughts as irrational throughout in terms of differing with so many and making predictions based on WHO information that was at best flawed and at worst...Well, we have been down that path.

You have such a delightful way with words.:rolleyes:

I didnt say he was the Chairman, I said he was the lead, which is true. Pence was assigned by Trump to organize and build the team and handle overseeing the group as a whole.

I've seen that referenced in here, him loving the spot light. I don't remember him being as front as center during past pandemics though, what's the change this time?

Just worth mentioning that technically Memorial day was not meant for parties and celebrations but is actually about mourning , remembering, and paying respects to those that gave their lives for us. We some how lost that ideology in our 3day party weekend summer kickoff celebration. And yes some can or will suggest that we also can "celebrate" the lives of those who sacrificed but again not really what its about. And all that said I fully admit im just as guilty as anyone in overlooking what it really is.
Like I said earlier, if everyone else is reading your posts wrong, maybe, just maybe it’s not everyone else but instead it’s you. I’m not saying you meant how everyone read it, but maybe you need to rethink how you word things because it’s rubbing many the wrong way.
fwiw.........i hate even going on about this (being something so simple) but above is my original post that was sparked after reading one governors statement about the holiday.
Please tell me where it is in that post that I said anything so badly there and should have been so much more careful as to any wording or intent in which caused so much controversy cause im truly and honestly not seeing that there. Other than not posting it at all ........and if thats the case then what good is a forum if a simple honest post with well intent like that cant even be written? Please inform me where I went wrong in that post. Other posts were written by me but only in response to others. But the above post is where it all began. So just where did I go wrong with my original posting? Its an honest question cause I then just dont know how else to post if that one is somehow insulting or demanding or calling anyone anything less than human.

No???

I'm talking about the Task Force and the other members, which includes head of the economic council and a bunch of other non epidemiologist.
I knew who you were talking about. I was just point out that you could insert the bad orange man's name in your statement and it would be just as applicable.

I've seen that referenced in here, him loving the spot light. I don't remember him being as front as center during past pandemics though, what's the change this time?

There has been a vast shift in how news is covered. Agendas exist, and he is in the right spot and appears to be always willing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back