Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, that I asked a question as to why a single man was taking so much heat. Was legit wondering.

I guess it's hard to ask a real question in a thread with so much garbage mixed in.
I’ll answer...

He’s talking heat because he’s presented himself as the lead Medical Expert, and Fauci has now argued every possible side of every possible question he’s been asked since February.

Masks do not help - Fauci

You must wear a mask - Fauci

You must stay indoors to prevent the spread of Covid19 - Fauci

Staying closed for too long could cause 'irreparable damage’ - Fauci

Any attempt to question him, was met with the “Trust the Science” brigade. If the POTUS spoke about a faster reopening, Fauci immediately went on CNN or MSNBC and undermined the official stance.

Fauci hasn’t been proven to have been correct once during this entire crisis. But the MSM has positioned him as the lead expert voice. Fauci has been so bad at his job it’s incomprehensible. It’s almost as if his incompetence is on purpose.

40 million unemployed Americans based on policy decisions made due to Models & Projections that he advocated to follow. He deserves all of the heat that is coming his way.

fwiw.........i hate even going on about this (being something so simple) but above is my original post that was sparked after reading one governors statement about the holiday.
Please tell me where it is in that post that I said anything so badly there and should have been so much more careful as to any wording or intent in which caused so much controversy cause im truly and honestly not seeing that there. Other than not posting it at all ........and if thats the case then what good is a forum if a simple honest post with well intent like that cant even be written? Please inform me where I went wrong in that post. Other posts were written by me but only in response to others. But the above post is where it all began. So just where did I go wrong with my original posting? Its an honest question cause I then just dont know how else to post if that one is somehow insulting or demanding or calling anyone anything less than human.

Let’s start with the idea that this is the COVID19 thread and genuinely this has nothing to do with that.

So instead of going on about whether you think you are right or wrong in regards to the response from a mod, let’s just keep it on topic.

fwiw.........i hate even going on about this (being something so simple) but above is my original post that was sparked after reading one governors statement about the holiday.
Please tell me where it is in that post that I said anything so badly there and should have been so much more careful as to any wording or intent in which caused so much controversy cause im truly and honestly not seeing that there. Other than not posting it at all ........and if thats the case then what good is a forum if a simple honest post with well intent like that cant even be written? Please inform me where I went wrong in that post. Other posts were written by me but only in response to others. But the above post is where it all began. So just where did I go wrong with my original posting? Its an honest question cause I then just dont know how else to post if that one is somehow insulting or demanding or calling anyone anything less than human.

I’m not here to argue with you, I’m just telling you over and over again your posts come under attack and you say people are reading it wrong. There is clearly a disconnect.

You may want to take a break.
giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
you been personally attacking me. And your intentionally getting a kick out of sarcastically mocking me and not at all meant in a friendly humorous way. So screw you DB. You deserve a smack. GG and JB can ban me I dont care anymore.

There has been a vast shift in how news is covered. Agendas exist, and he is in the right spot and appears to be always willing.

Fair enough. I guess I'm just confused why others on the task force, if they have different opinions from his, haven't spoken out more. There are a lot of people on that task force with other focus and backgrounds. If they believe it to be wrong, shouldn't they be speaking out and making their voice heard?

That's what I was referring to with the bully comment.

you been personally attacking me. And your intentionally getting a kick out of sarcastically mocking me and not at all meant in a friendly humorous way. So screw you DB. You deserve a smack. GG and JB can ban me I dont care anymore.

I already called him out on it, no reason for this either. None of this name calling or personal attacks is ok.

This thread is possibly the best birth control ever. If I ever thought about having children, all I have to do is come in here and see how grown adults act and it reminds me that if grown adults can act like this, I would never be able to handle children. Good grief people, get along or find another thread.

Fair enough. I guess I'm just confused why others on the task force, if they have different opinions from his, haven't spoken out more. There are a lot of people on that task force with other focus and backgrounds. If they believe it to be wrong, shouldn't they be speaking out and making their voice heard?

That's what I was referring to with the bully comment.

They genuinely have. Birx has disagreed. So has the VP and others. But if you are the lead and constantly on camera because the media knows you will talk, you get the praise and you get the heat.

If Fauci had been correct, he would get and deserve all of the praise. When he is wrong, he should get and deserve the opposite. I mean it certainly goes that way for others involved with the decision making...however en vogue that is in the current climate.

I’ll answer...

He’s talking heat because he’s presented himself as the lead Medical Expert, and Fauci has now argued every possible side of every possible question he’s been asked since February.

Masks do not help - Fauci

You must wear a mask - Fauci

You must stay indoors to prevent the spread of Covid19 - Fauci

Staying closed for too long could cause 'irreparable damage’ - Fauci

Any attempt to question him, was met with the “Trust the Science” brigade. If the POTUS spoke about a faster reopening, Fauci immediately went on CNN or MSNBC and undermined the official stance.

Fauci hasn’t been proven to have been correct once during this entire crisis. But the MSM has positioned him as the lead expert voice. Fauci has been so bad at his job it’s incomprehensible. It’s almost as if his incompetence is on purpose.

40 million unemployed Americans based on policy decisions made due to Models & Projections that he advocated to follow. He deserves all of the heat that is coming his way.

Thank you for actually answering. There's been so much pissing match like post in this thread that I was genuinely looking for answers.

I'll ask the another question based on that though. It appears the task force is compiled of people from numerous backgrounds and I mean any of them could speak out and find a segment on some MSM that would cover their take. How come they're not speaking out more and challenging him?

Not attacking you at all. Just saying this thread seems like a little more than you can handle at this point. Feel free to call me any names you want. Doesn't hurt my feelings.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

They genuinely have. Birx has disagreed. So has the VP and others. But if you are the lead and constantly on camera because the media knows you will talk, you get the praise and you get the heat.

If Fauci had been correct, he would get and deserve all of the praise. When he is wrong, he should get and deserve the opposite. I mean it certainly goes that way for others involved with the decision making...however en vogue that is in the current climate.

I guess I'm still confused how one man, rather in the spot light or not is getting all of the say in decision making say with a large task force with people from numerous backgrounds and specialties.

Also appreciate you and @JDax actually answering questions and you opinion on it, rather we all agree or not. Actual discussion has seems to be an issue with some here and the reason I read this thread but didn't bother posting for awhile.

I guess I'm still confused how one man, rather in the spot light or not is getting all of the say in decision making say with a large task force with people from numerous backgrounds and specialties.

Also appreciate you and @JDax actually answering questions and you opinion on it, rather we all agree or not. Actual discussion has seems to be an issue with some here and the reason I read this thread but didn't bother posting for awhile.

I dont think he is. I think when you are the lead and tenure, you have a certain weight and there is an expectation, but the bigger idea is that a lot of the things people are complaining about with him are not decisions being made. There his opinions that come after policy like the one about economy, etc.

Well, I got out to play today. Had A great round of 14 holes, the last 4 went south for some reason. we social distanced, Walked settled up the bets in the parking lot instead of the restaurant as in the past. Great break in the weather...:D

I dont think he is. I think when you are the lead and tenure, you have a certain weight and there is an expectation, but the bigger idea is that a lot of the things people are complaining about with him are not decisions being made. There his opinions that come after policy like the one about economy, etc.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve some blame. I was just trying to dig deeper as to why someone who has been there so long through so many pandemics is suddenly so wrong about so much all on his own. And if he's so wrong, why other's don't challenge it more within the task force (I know you mentioned some have).

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve some blame. I was just trying to dig deeper as to why someone who has been there so long through so many pandemics is suddenly so wrong about so much all on his own. And if he's so wrong, why other's don't challenge it more within the task force (I know you mentioned some have).

I think that is what most of us have been saying. The original message from the WHO was nonsense. Everything we had was based on that, but being critical of the organization and origin country brought serious hatred (Not surprising). Turns out they were right.

Then it escalated in the news, because he was and has been everywhere. Policy is very different than speaking. ANd if a dude is speaking constantly, every organization is right there. Others have chosen the more appropriate avenue of not doing that and working with in the task force with in reason.

This thread is possibly the best birth control ever. If I ever thought about having children, all I have to do is come in here and see how grown adults act and it reminds me that if grown adults can act like this, I would never be able to handle children. Good grief people, get along or find another thread.

Or read Reddit...

Long day today. Picked up my mom and aunt to drive an hour and a half for another aunt’s funeral. Small gathering, probably ~25 people but most were family I only see once every couple of years. There were hugs followed by sanitizer, less than 6’ to talk, more sanitizer. Masks all around. Trip to the cemetery. Ordering sandwiches at a small bakery and eating them in the car.

Once back, after a shower, to my inlaws for the first time since February. My kid had a blast playing with other kids for the first time in over 2 months.

Can’t say much of it fet normal, but definitely necessary.

i could have saved you the headache and had you homeschool my 3rd and 5th graders for a couple of months! That would have been more effective! Lol

But you have the opportunity to guide your children, act as parent and mentor, and show them how to display empathy, respect, and see both sides of an issue.

Most courses here have gone back to 2 people per cart, but you can request a single at no extra charge. Carts are getting wiped down before being used again. Six feet apart markings on most Pro Shop floors, a couple have put up screen guards.

CDC: fatality rate of coronavirus:

• 0-49 years old: 0.05%
  • 50-64 years old: 0.2%
  • 65+ years old: 1.3%
And yet, the sky continues to fall in many places...

ESPN is showing a live baseball game from Korea. There are no fans in the stands, just a few cut-outs of people behind home plate. Kinda eerie.

ESPN is showing a live baseball game from Korea. There are no fans in the stands, just a few cut-outs of people behind home plate. Kinda eerie.
No blow-up sex dolls in the stands??? :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back