Coronavirus and the Masters

Slammin'SAM

Never a flatbelly
Reaction score
Handicap
Rare play
The big week is about a month away, and there is some talk around here that the Masters could be cancelled due to the coronavirus threat. I seriously doubt that outcome, but just the fact it is being discussed raises concern.

I won two DCP tickets in the lottery, the only Masters event I have never been to, including the Women's Am. I am pretty fired up about going, but now Mrs SAM is voicing her concern about going there with the patrons that come from far and wide, especially Asia. I keep telling her it is far too early to speculate on any of that, that 4 weeks hence this could be old news, or a pandemic, or even we could have already contracted it and recovered.

Does anyone who has tickets to any part of the event have reservations about attending?

Coronavirus or not, if I had passes to any of the rounds I would go...

I think there is smart, and then there is living in fear, and then there is going to The Masters. I choose option C.

Americans aren't going to cancel their entertaining lives for a virus.

People need to calm the &$@? down already. You’re more likely to die in a car crash on the way to the course.

The hype around this is unreal. Live your life and enjoy a fantastic golf event. Don’t French kiss any strangers and wash your hands often. You’ll be in much more danger during the flight and/or drive there.

My $.02

Alan

I can understand the concerns, but if I had tickets I surely would be going and really upset if canceled at this point.

The hype around this is unreal. Live your life and enjoy a fantastic golf event. Don’t French kiss any strangers and wash your hands often. You’ll be in much more danger during the flight and/or drive there.

My $.02

Alan
Well, there goes my Sunday plans.

Nothing to worry about, go and enjoy what should be a very memorable experience.

Survival rate is about 98% if infected...I’ll take those odds any day for a trip to Augusta

If you're over 60 and have a chronic health condition, the flu (which you are far more likely to get) or a compromised immune system, the risk to you is higher than the very low risk of getting the virus. Reports are that as many of 80% of those who contract the virus have little or no symptoms. I'm beginning to think the virus is much more widespread than we think, but because most people don't get very ill, we aren't seeing the impact.

You're more likely to choke on a pimento cheese sandwich than contract COVID-19 there. Rickie Fowler is more likely to don a green jacket on Sunday evening than you are to contract the virus.

Maybe I can get some cheap tickets

While my heart goes out to those lost, those who are suffering and their families, I'll reserve personal concern as to impact upon myself and others for if/when the virus begins to claim people not otherwise physically compromised.

So, I'd go.

That said, I wouldn't travel outside US borders though as I'd trust US protections and medical response vs many other countries. Mostly wouldn't want to deal with the possible issue of quarantine while abroad.

Not even worth the anxiety thinking about it. If it’s on, then go. Sorted.

I should have mentioned, unless things get WAAAAAY more serious, I am going, Mrs SAM or not. Just wanted to see if anyone thought her fears were logical, and the unison opinion here matches mine.

If you're over 60 and have a chronic health condition, the flu (which you are far more likely to get) or a compromised immune system, the risk to you is higher than the very low risk of getting the virus. Reports are that as many of 80% of those who contract the virus have little or no symptoms. I'm beginning to think the virus is much more widespread than we think, but because most people don't get very ill, we aren't seeing the impact.

You're more likely to choke on a pimento cheese sandwich than contract COVID-19 there. Rickie Fowler is more likely to don a green jacket on Sunday evening than you are to contract the virus.

That's it. I'm out. I didn't know the odds were that great. Rickie is 20/1 right now. On the other hand, my chances of choking on a pimento cheese sandwich are zero because I wouldn't eat one in the first place. I dunno. I'm torn.Screenshot_20200305-160432_Chrome.jpg

If you don't hear from me a few weeks after the Masters you'll know it got me.

They would just close it to fans instead of cancel.

They would just close it to fans instead of cancel.

I can't imagine that'd be the same for the players playing with no crowd. Would definitely seem weird to watch on TV, too, with no Tiger roars.

If any one is feeling a bit squeamish, just let me know. I will help you handle your tickets.

Back