Coronavirus and the Masters

Gotta remember folks, you’re outside. Not really a confined area..
I'm not worried about walking the grounds. The gift shop, on the other hand...

I'm not worried about walking the grounds. The gift shop, on the other hand...

Ahh you'll be fine. It wouldn't surprise me though if ANGC started making people sanitize their hands prior to entering the gift shop though. Probably not a bad idea actually.

Are you a physician ?

Mother is a registered nurse.

Countless physicians are saying don't make a massive deal about this and flood ER's if you have any type of symptom, but contact your local healthcare provider instead.

So yes, I actually think in this particular case, I can say people are making a big deal out of something small. :clown:

I could see them giving patrons tests before they get on the grounds. I mean, it’s ANGC, if it happened anywhere, it’s there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is they'll never be able to prove what they prevent by cancelling the event, but the city and surrounding area make their money from the Masters tournament patrons. No patrons is going to crush a lot of businesses and no small number of homeowners who normally rent out their houses for the week, along with all the house-cleaning businesses who make their money prepping those houses for rental. I understand why the ANGC is trying not to make a decision because they're going to hear about it locally if they do, but they're running out of time.

Just like the mayor of Austin when SXSW was canceled, people are staying home & killing commerce. He had to about face that & beg people to get out of the house & spend money.

I have tickets for Monday’s practice round and am hoping we can mitigate COVID 19 well enough where they won’t have to cancel.
Same here.... I finally win the lottery after 15 years and this sh!t is happening?!?!?... big time WTF

25% of Georgia's tourism income for the year arrives in the week of the Masters, no way will they give that up willingly.

25% of Georgia's tourism income for the year arrives in the week of the Masters, no way will they give that up willingly.

I think the Federal, State, and Local government are making the decisions about whether large congregations of people is permitted.

I think the Federal, State, and Local government are making the decisions about whether large congregations of people is permitted.

Have you ever heard of anybody making ANGC do anything that they didn’t want to do? Ain’t gonna happen.

Have you ever heard of anybody making ANGC do anything that they didn’t want to do? Ain’t gonna happen.

Agreed. Augusta will make the call on whether or not to have spectators. I'm hoping they will as I have tickets but if not it will still be a boys golf weekend with 4 days of two rounds a day instead of 3 days plus Monday at the Masters.

The Masters is jam packed with humans, most of us would be flying to the area, staying in a hotel, etc. To me it’s just a golf tourney and not worth the risk. I would stay home. FWIW my answer would have been different a few days ago.

If the Federal government and, or, the State of Georgia government adopts some new rules regarding limits to numbers of people allowed to congregate then Augusta National GC will honor those rules.

Gotta remember folks, you’re outside. Not really a confined area..

You sure about that?

46f444f4975c6dd85c1570dc435e9c38.jpg

You sure about that?

46f444f4975c6dd85c1570dc435e9c38.jpg

Congregated yes, but the air isn’t being recirculated like in a building.

Congregated yes, but the air isn’t being recirculated like in a building.

You've already admitted that you're not a physician, so why are you opining about what may or may not be safe ?

If the Federal government and, or, the State of Georgia government adopts some new rules regarding limits to numbers of people allowed to congregate then Augusta National GC will honor those rules.

Because they've never disregarded someone else's rules before. Nope, not ever.

Just woke up to a headline about Trump suspending all travel between US and Europe for 30 days; that would about kill the Master's I would think...

I was just thinking about this today...my thinking it’s not a confined space so it probably isn’t as bad as say an arena. I wonder if they would consider playing without patrons;would be weird to watch.

I was just thinking about this today...my thinking it’s not a confined space so it probably isn’t as bad as say an arena. I wonder if they would consider playing without patrons;would be weird to watch.

Earlier this week the annual pro tennis tournament at Indian Wells, California outdoor tennis complex was cancelled. This is a big event on the tennis Tour and draws tens of thousands of spectators, fans.

A1A0A9FE-DF7A-427F-BA09-43A5167F1D2E.png

This is what I want to see The Augusta National Golf Club to say...

Just woke up to a headline about Trump suspending all travel between US and Europe for 30 days; that would about kill the Master's I would think...

for players, private flights are not banned. If they are good enough to be in the Masters I think they can manage a private flight to get here.

Are you a voting member of Augusta National? If not, why are you opining about what a private club may or may not do?

Back