Coronavirus and the Masters

I just hope postponing doesnt eventually lead to cancelling.

If they move it to September/October, I cannot imagine them wanting to compete with football.

In all my years I never thought this could ever happen. What a bummer!:confused:

Hellllllllll no.

This is now a serious a situation. :mad:

I just hope postponing doesnt eventually lead to cancelling.

If they move it to September/October, I cannot imagine them wanting to compete with football.

Well there’s a fun scenario: Masters is on CBS just like the NFL and college football. Who wins that battle?

The course is only open until Memorial Day at the latest, which seems like a long time, but if schools are closed, there won't be a period of time where the kids are out of school and the course is open. Which means no rental market, which is awful for the local economy.

I'm wondering right now how the ANGC feels about the potential for keeping the course open until June when the kids are (hypothetically) out of school and running the risk of showing the Masters with the course in a less than perfect state.

Pretty much this right here. So much is set up in Georgia and SC around masters week. So many cottage industries.

I cant imagine how that course would play in the summer.

Well there’s a fun scenario: Masters is on CBS just like the NFL and college football. Who wins that battle?

I would think the NFL and I dont think it would be remotely close. Granted, they are Sunday only.

I don't think it will have the same appeal in the fall. In the spring people are excited about golf, the changing seasons, and the Masters capitalizes on that.

Merged threads to continue discussion

I would think the NFL and I dont think it would be remotely close. Granted, they are Sunday only.

I can’t remember where I heard this, but I thought the contract to CBS was renewed every year.

Fox doesn't really do college football, and NBC is only needed Sunday night. Guess that’s one way to do it

Maybe a deal is worked out to move it to NBC/ABC/ESPN, either for just the weekend or all 4 days of coverage.

It's going to be a strange april around here for sure. Sad day for all.

Ideal solution. Masters runs in the morning like last year. Football in the afternoon. Glorious Sunday Funday.

Maybe a deal is worked out to move it to NBC/ABC/ESPN, either for just the weekend or all 4 days of coverage.

Been dine

Ideal solution. Masters runs in the morning like last year. Football in the afternoon. Glorious Sunday Funday.

Just inject that straight into my veins please.

Been dine

Just inject that straight into my veins please.
I mean, that Sunday finish last year was just awesome. Get all the golf in and still have time to do whatever that afternoon.

A golf tournament gets cancelled and it is the end of the world :ROFLMAO:

I hope it is postponed to October. August in autumn would be incredible to see.

As for competing with football, who cares? To me, I'll watch the Masters. To The Masters, they'll make some money vs no money. I think its a good call.

It worked but it did feel weird having no idea what to do by one haha
Perfect timing for the football. Wives everywhere are loathing this.

A golf tournament gets cancelled and it is the end of the world :ROFLMAO:

True. No matter how dear we hold the Masters, as a great golf tournament, as a sign of springtime, or as the opening of the golf season (for those of us in areas where winter affects of golf season), it is only a golf tournament. There will be a Masters in 2021. Just not in 2020. And if they have to cancel it because of a global public health crisis, that's okay. I understand and share in the disappointment regarding the postponement, but I also understand the bigger picture.

True. No matter how dear we hold the Masters, as a great golf tournament, as a sign of springtime, or as the opening of the golf season (for those of us in areas where winter affects of golf season), it is only a golf tournament. There will be a Masters in 2021. Just not in 2020. And if they have to cancel it because of a global public health crisis, that's okay. I understand and share in the disappointment regarding the postponement, but I also understand the bigger picture.
Exactly, things will return to normal, but in the short term there are more important things that need to be done

Perfect timing for the football. Wives everywhere are loathing this.

Stores should be smart and run a sale. No husbands to stop them, the amount of money they could be earned would be pretty spectacular.

With the amount of business the Masters brings into the area, I really hope they can reschedule for May or possibly do everything possible to make the course playable in June. Maybe they could squeeze the Masters in between the Championship and the US Open. I sure hope they can

Stores should be smart and run a sale. No husbands to stop them, the amount of money they could be earned would be pretty spectacular.
Patent pending

Back