Costco Kirkland Signature Putters?

I think the most disappointing part is that SuperStroke agreed to put their grips on these.

I think the most disappointing part is that SuperStroke agreed to put their grips on these.

Well, if I owned a grip company and someone called me and wanted to buy 200,000 of them. I would say ok as well.

Well, if I owned a grip company and someone called me and wanted to buy 200,000 of them. I would say ok as well.
I totally get it from that standpoint, it's still disappointing.

So my buddy brought his KS-1 out to the course today and I got to put my grubby paws on it:

View attachment 8945042 View attachment 8945044

View attachment 8945045 View attachment 8945046

The milling on the face is definitely a little strange. Aesthetically, it's not a horrible looking putter overall - just another Anser clone, to my eyes. I rolled a few putts with it - the head definitely does feel light, which surprised me. One of the other guys I was playing with had a Scotty Newport 2, which is similar in size, and you could feel a huge difference in the head weight when you held them side by side. Feel off the face didn't surprise me either way - it wasn't objectionable, wasn't exceptional. I was leaving putts a little short, probably because of the lighter weight, especially compared to my mallet.

The grip, as he said the other day, does look to be installed a bit off-center - I don't know if it's the camera angle or what, but from this pic it looks like the face is a little open, but when you're standing over it at address, the face looks a little closed when you have the grip square. I honestly didn't pay attention to it until afterward when I was looking at this pic, but it looks like there may be a counterbalance at the top of the grip:

View attachment 8945048

All in all, it's a solid, middle of the road "meh" for me. It's not terrible, but it's not great either. Could I game it? Yeah, I'm sure I could - I'm not a blade guy, but I could probably adapt to it and do as well as I'd do with any other similar putter. I'm willing to bet that the weight kit would make it feel a lot better to me, but once you've spent that money you're up into the $180 range for the putter and weight kit. That's a pretty competitive market space and there are a lot of alternatives you could consider at that price point. It's definitely not on my ponder list, but if somebody gave it to me as a gift I wouldn't turn it down. I'd roll putts around the house and have fun with it, but it definitely wouldn't kick my SL Ten out of the bag as my gamer.
I don't hate the look at all. Well, accept for the large Kirkland branding all over it, lol. In regards to the grip, I have gotten crooked grips from just about every major OEM at some point in time through the years. So, I won't really hold them against that. The knock on that though, is at least the large OEM's can make it right by sending a new grip or having the shop you bought it from fix it.

I don't hate the look at all. Well, accept for the large Kirkland branding all over it, lol. In regards to the grip, I have gotten crooked grips from just about every major OEM at some point in time through the years. So, I won't really hold them against that. The knock on that though, is at least the large OEM's can make it right by sending a new grip or having the shop you bought it from fix it.
I mean, if I really liked the putter, a few seconds in a vise could probably fix the grip - or I could have a new one put on for a few bucks and wouldn't even think twice about it if I was that sweet on the putter itself. I don't totally hate it by any means either, I just don't love it enough to spend my money on one.

I mean, if I really liked the putter, a few seconds in a vise could probably fix the grip - or I could have a new one put on for a few bucks and wouldn't even think twice about it if I was that sweet on the putter itself. I don't totally hate it by any means either, I just don't love it enough to spend my money on one.
Yeah, nothing wows me about it either. But, I will likely never really give it a try as I doubt I will see it outside of Costco as it sits in its box on the shelf.

They wouldn’t sniff a 200k order.
Costco has less than 800 stores in the US.

Yeah, I have no idea. I was just throwing out a big number to make a point. I wonder what the real number produced is.

Yeah, I have no idea. I was just throwing out a big number to make a point. I wonder what the real number produced is.

Figure 75% of stores and somewhere between 50-100 putters per store (which is probably very high).

that is not an attractive putter

that is not an attractive putter
Maybe it would have had broader appeal if they'd stamped the letters all topsy-turvy instead of being nice and lined up. :ROFLMAO:

Maybe it would have had broader appeal if they'd stamped the letters all topsy-turvy instead of being nice and lined up. :ROFLMAO:

or don't vomit Kirkland branding on every square inch of it lol

or don't vomit Kirkland branding on every square inch of it lol

They should have put three red dots and sold it by the liquor section.

Didn't realize it was that small.
I think nothing on the bottom and KS1 on from and back. Nothing more and it would have been solid. Obviously they want your buddies to know about the bad decision you made!:LOL::LOL:

Didn't realize it was that small.

I think nothing on the bottom and KS1 on from and back. Nothing more and it would have been solid. Obviously they want your buddies to know about the bad decision you made!:LOL::LOL:
The white Kirkland head cover with big red lettering would give it away anyway. :ROFLMAO:

For 200 bucks I can get an S ton of booze from costco

I really don't hate it in pictures. I will see it some day when I need a load from Costco and maybe come home with one.

Figure 75% of stores and somewhere between 50-100 putters per store (which is probably very high).
Plus the possiblity of internet sales I guess. Still not 200K BUT MORE

I don’t get how
1. There could be any excitement over this putter at the price point. If it was 50 bucks, I’d get it. At 150, chuck down a little more and you’ve got a half decent Odyssey.
2. That people are sticking these on eBay, and seriously asking for upwards of $200!!!
3. That in 3 and a half weeks, it’s generated just under 700 posts on this forum!!!!
It’s crazy!!! It’s the golfing equivalent of toilet roll panic buying!!!!!

Hey @JB I remembered who it sort of reminds me of, Sizemore. Not wild like some of those were, but a lot about it reminds me of those.

Plus the possiblity of internet sales I guess. Still not 200K BUT MORE

My number was including that and was still way overestimating.
This reminds me of the golf ball talk when in the thread it was said it would change market share. Haha.

Hey @JB I remembered who it sort of reminds me of, Sizemore. Not wild like some of those were, but a lot about it reminds me of those.

Yeah definitely the early stuff from a decade ago, I can see that.

My number was including that and was still way overestimating.
This reminds me of the golf ball talk when in the thread it was said it would change market share. Haha.
I dont disagree. It just illustrates that golfers will buy things from anywhere as longs as it works.

Like I said before, at $150 they missed the mark. At $100 with the weight kit it would have been a deal. I’m also on the “they look hideous” camp. I can buy a fleet of quality used or new old stock that are WAY better than it.

Back