Costco's Callaway Hex soft?

Sennamont

Reaction score
Handicap
Allergies
Did anyone play or know if they are it's own mix? or is it supersoft? Chromesoft? The price seems pretty amazing at $50 for 4 dozen right now.

I really doubt Callaway would mix a golf ball just for Costco. It's likely last year's model of something.

I really doubt Callaway would mix a golf ball just for Costco. It's likely last year's model of something.

did some research, still couldn't find it but the hex soft is trinomerblend? Supersoft is surlyn and Chromesoft is urethane so which one of the callaway line is it a clone of? :arrogant:

did some research, still couldn't find it but the hex soft is trinomerblend? Supersoft is surlyn and Chromesoft is urethane so which one of the callaway line is it a clone of? :arrogant:

Tweet Callaway, they can help

I thought I read somewhere (maybe on this forum) that the Costco Callaways are rebranded older model callaway balls that weren't popular.
The Callaways I bought from Costco a few years ago were the Hex controls.

I thought I read somewhere (maybe on this forum) that the Costco Callaways are rebranded older model callaway balls that weren't popular.
The Callaways I bought from Costco a few years ago were the Hex controls.
When we toured the Callaway facility we were able to see how the balls were made. I asked them that same question that you are guessing at. He said no, and that they pick a ball that hits the price point from their current lineup, and stamp it differently. He also said that he couldn't tell us which one it was. As a group, we guessed that the hex chrome = the superhot, he said it was a good guess. Point is, it isn't some old lower tech ball, callaway and Costco both have have standards for their goods.

I am asking in jest, but for that price does it matter? I'm sure they're good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
When we toured the Callaway facility we were able to see how the balls were made. I asked them that same question that you are guessing at. He said no, and that they pick a ball that hits the price point from their current lineup, and stamp it differently. He also said that he couldn't tell us which one it was. As a group, we guessed that the hex chrome = the superhot, he said it was a good guess. Point is, it isn't some old lower tech ball, callaway and Costco both have have standards for their goods.
Interesting, looked up their current line up, since it is two piece it kinda narrows down to warbird or supersoft with different cover material. If is any thing like the supersoft it would be a great deal then.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Also, it looks like it could just be a new offering as callaway is selling them on their website for 19.99/dz

Also, it looks like it could just be a new offering as callaway is selling them on their website for 19.99/dz
Good deal for Costcos members then, I saw $24 for 2 doz in store

It's Costco so it's always a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sign me up for a jumbo tub of the jalapeño artichoke dip

It looks like some sites show that the Supersoft also has trinonomer blend, so I'm pretty confident it is supersoft. And if that is the case supersoft are still averaged at $19.99 a dozen, these at $24-25 for two dozen is prettttyyyyy good deal.

Great info.

Q: What is the compression rate of the balls?

A: "In response to your inquiry, HEX Soft Golf Ball compression is 40 and Supersoft is 35.* They are two separate golf balls."

Q: Which one has more greenside spin?

A: "It would be the Supersoft."

Last edited:
Back