Could a Shirt Change Your Life? Introducing Forme

Americans have horrible posture. All the time spent sitting at a desk or looking down at a screen. So I get the appeal of a product like this. I don’t doubt it does what it says it does. But this shirt still has a “diet pills” or “ab belt” feel to it.

I had horrible posture. I’m an attorney and spend way too much time at a desk. Even worse, when working from home, I often have my laptop on my lap. I can feel how hunched I get. My old PT in MKE used to be critical of my posture and lack of core strength. Since I moved to a job with a lighter load, I’ve gotten on a training program. Just a couple days a week with my trainer (lots of core and upper back work). A few months in, my masseuse started commenting on how much my posture had improved. And I made it through a golf season last year where I had no back issues despite playing twice as many rounds—which is huge for me considering I’ve had my back spasm at least a couple times a year previously.

Our bodies function so much better with proper posture. So, again, I see the utility here, but I really hope people don’t think: “I’ll just keep up my bad habits and skip the gym because sitting around in this t shirt will fix me.”

i guess on one hand i don't see myself ever wearing this on the range because i think my own stank would severely shorten the shelf life. then again, i've paid over $100 for golf pants or golf shirts which by nature will get stankified.
I get the "Manscent" comment

Curious where the price comes from?
If it works, and it seems to, that's a cool idea.
But also seems like there will be knockoffs at any price range you want that will do the same thing.

This makes a ton of sense, never really thought about wearing something like this, but knowing the benefits I could see how it would pay off to spend some time with it.

For $150 for a t shirt, I'd like to see a website that does more than tell me that the shirt will help posture with pictures of a bunch of doctors and models. Since I can't find any pictures that really show me how it works I'm going to assume it is restrictive in the shoulders to force them back. Most of the photos on the models make the shirts look loose fitting. Their Science section on the website throws out words like "proven, rigorous methods," "innovation" and "scientific evidence," random names of medical journal articles with no way to read them and pictures of a bunch of doctors without actually going into detail on how it works.

I'd actually need to see something in my size to be sold on it but I'm skeptical based on what I see on the website.

For $150 for a t shirt, I'd like to see a website that does more than tell me that the shirt will help posture with pictures of a bunch of doctors and models. Since I can't find any pictures that really show me how it works I'm going to assume it is restrictive in the shoulders to force them back. Most of the photos on the models make the shirts look loose fitting. Their Science section on the website throws out words like "proven, rigorous methods," "innovation" and "scientific evidence," random names of medical journal articles with no way to read them and pictures of a bunch of doctors without actually going into detail on how it works.

I'd actually need to see something in my size to be sold on it but I'm skeptical based on what I see on the website.
Here's some optional homework for you.

I’ve been wearing the sports bra and it’s incredible, and almost embarrassing, how much I felt it the second I put it on. My shoulders were immediately pulled back, really showing me just how bad my posture is/was.

I won’t lie, it takes some getting used to, and can be a bit uncomfortable at first, but it honestly feels pretty great when you actually do get into alignment.
This actually looks like a wonderful product. I catch myself slouching and try to fix it. But, of course I don't always catch myself.
I'm going to send you a DM with a question about the sports bra.

That is why we tested it...

That is why we tested it...
And I appreciate that because the review is far more informative than anything on their site. I think I'd still need to see one in hand before I would commit to it but they also seem to be lacking on larger sizes so maybe I'll revisit in the future.

If I want to keep golfing for ever, I need to help my back out. I started using a push cart rather than carrying for this reason, so this makes sense. Plus, HSA eligible? I'm in. I ordered the Core since I am not sure I'd wear it while actually playing golf. Working from home and slouching in my chair is a problem so wearing this during my normal day to day seems like the way to go.

Interesting product. If it would help keeping me hunched at the desk it could be a good thing.

I'm game - sitting at a desk over a hot computer or on a sofa is a back, shoulder, neck and posture killer.

I wasn't expecting a price tag of that heft but if it prevents you from going to a chiropractor it is worth it. Not only is there a cost of going to the Chiro but the time it saves you.

Yowza. It sounds super interesting, but I would've hesitated with a price tag of $75. That's just alot of money for a simple undershirt.

Great article and very intriguing but I can't get down with that price tag for a essentially a t-shirt

Here's some notes that I did not throw into the original article.

1. This group has 18 patents already and has another 10 they are working on securing.
2. While this is not fully FDA approved, it is FDA Registered. They could have gone the full FDA route, but there was worry about having to have people get a script in order to purchase one.
3. All of the manufacturing facilities are located in the US.

I had 5 years of neck pain and tingling in my fingers, after golf rounds. I almost had neck surgery until my Spine surgeon recommended Forme as a last resort. Within 10 days wearing 12 hrs a day, and for sleep, my tingling went away. I was astonished! My neck soreness subsided and my golf games have been best ever.

To be fair this is not a shirt! It is more like a sporty medical device with lots patented technology. It makes you look and feel good during wear. For years I have tried many posture correctors , posture shirts , brace, wearable, with minimal relief on my neck pain. Forme not only saved me a neck surgery but allowed me a quick return to golf. I wear Forme playing golf, in my office, and for sleep. I bought 7 for daily use. Great article!

I had 5 years of neck pain and tingling in my fingers, after golf rounds. I almost had neck surgery until my Spine surgeon recommended Forme as a last resort. Within 10 days wearing 12 hrs a day, and for sleep, my tingling went away. I was astonished! My neck soreness subsided and my golf games have been best ever.

To be fair this is not a shirt! It is more like a sporty medical device with lots patented technology. It makes you look and feel good during wear. For years I have tried many posture correctors , posture shirts , brace, wearable, with minimal relief on my neck pain. Forme not only saved me a neck surgery but allowed me a quick return to golf. I wear Forme playing golf, in my office, and for sleep. I bought 7 for daily use. Great article!

This is really cool to hear. Thanks for sharing.

This is something I would love to wear while working if it actually works. This last year of working from home off the dining room table has not done me any favours.

Pretty cool piece of technology mixed into a wearable shirt, I use it everyday after my workouts. Helps me reset my thinking of posture while the body is fatigued.

The reviews sound great, but there is no way I could justify spending $160 on a tshirt that "might" help my posture. If I could try before I buy, then sure, sign me up, but their return policy doesn't allow that (unless I misread it).

I think the original inventor of The Bro was George Costanza. There is no way I could pay that.

Interesting write up here @ddec

This is a very interesting concept, but like many, I am not sure of the price here. Seems a little steep. Is this any different than just seeing some elastic to pull the shoulders back or is there more to it?

i guess on one hand i don't see myself ever wearing this on the range because i think my own stank would severely shorten the shelf life. then again, i've paid over $100 for golf pants or golf shirts which by nature will get stankified.

Or... or or or... Use it only during our short winter time. Less heat, less stank.

I've got an email into them with a question. Once they get back to me we are in for a shirt and a bra.

Back