Could a Shirt Change Your Life? Introducing Forme

One thing that drives me nuts is that I can't put it in the dryer. I wash it with others, but its not recommended to dry.
Other than that, it has been something I wear multiple times a week and like @GolferGal and @ddec mentioned, I have noticed a difference.
That's basically 99% of my golf attire. Wouldn't deter me one bit.

Americans have horrible posture. All the time spent sitting at a desk or looking down at a screen. So I get the appeal of a product like this. I don’t doubt it does what it says it does. But this shirt still has a “diet pills” or “ab belt” feel to it.

I had horrible posture. I’m an attorney and spend way too much time at a desk. Even worse, when working from home, I often have my laptop on my lap. I can feel how hunched I get. My old PT in MKE used to be critical of my posture and lack of core strength. Since I moved to a job with a lighter load, I’ve gotten on a training program. Just a couple days a week with my trainer (lots of core and upper back work). A few months in, my masseuse started commenting on how much my posture had improved. And I made it through a golf season last year where I had no back issues despite playing twice as many rounds—which is huge for me considering I’ve had my back spasm at least a couple times a year previously.

Our bodies function so much better with proper posture. So, again, I see the utility here, but I really hope people don’t think: “I’ll just keep up my bad habits and skip the gym because sitting around in this t shirt will fix me.”
I would imagine the most common sense approach to improved posture would be to spend time at a gym and get a personal trainer, but let's be honest... Most people don't do any of that... So the idea of "skipping" it is a bit of a reach hahaha

I'm equally skeptical, but then again, people wear invisiline to correct their teeth, and other less intrusive items to correct things - I suppose it makes sense that a shirt could do something similar, especially with pros validating the process. No?

I’m going to order. There’s enough here to intrigue me a lot, and that was a hell of a good article @ddec (y)

Yea something strange with all those informative guest posts....seems very planned. Weird. I’ll keep following for those that end up testing for their feedback.

There are guest posts daily, since they link from the website articles. In fact, those posts are probably from the article itself and not necessarily the forum. 🤷‍♂️

I would imagine the most common sense approach to improved posture would be to spend time at a gym and get a personal trainer, but let's be honest... Most people don't do any of that... So the idea of "skipping" it is a bit of a reach hahaha

I'm equally skeptical, but then again, people wear invisiline to correct their teeth, and other less intrusive items to correct things - I suppose it makes sense that a shirt could do something similar, especially with pros validating the process. No?

Invisaline sounds like a pretty good example. Don't see it all that much, corrects the problem.

I have a feeling I'll wind up buying one, but I'm waiting for later in the year. I need you, Black Friday!

There are guest posts daily, since they link from the website articles. In fact, those posts are probably from the article itself and not necessarily the forum. 🤷‍♂️
Yep, those that really go and read the homepage articles are definitely familiar with that. Been in place a long time now, and it’s awesome.

So it’s not recommended that you play in the shirt. The shirt is designed to help with alignment, posture and recovery. So practicing in the shirt is okay but playing full rounds isn’t recommended.

The shirt itself helps the scapula sit down to allow for better thoracic rotation and rib cage movement, which as golfers we all know is very important. That’s what makes this shirt different than other “posture” shirts. It’s not one to pinch the shoulder blades back together which in the long term actually weakens other muscles. I definitely say try the shirt and add in a good golf fitness training program because you won’t be sorry.

I am highly skeptical that this shirt can move bone and reposition vertebrae. I am also highly skeptical that this shirt will strengthen the supportive musculature around the spine.

So it’s not recommended that you play in the shirt. The shirt is designed to help with alignment, posture and recovery. So practicing in the shirt is okay but playing full rounds isn’t recommended.

The shirt itself helps the scapula sit down to allow for better thoracic rotation and rib cage movement, which as golfers we all know is very important. That’s what makes this shirt different than other “posture” shirts. It’s not one to pinch the shoulder blades back together which in the long term actually weakens other muscles. I definitely say try the shirt and add in a good golf fitness training program because you won’t be sorry.

Thanks for dropping in Sheldon.

This is some good stuff to know.

So would mirror work be the better use for it more than just hitting balls?

I think we should have @Canadan get some guests from Forme on Off Course.

I am highly skeptical that this shirt can move bone and reposition vertebrae. I am also highly skeptical that this shirt will strengthen the supportive musculature around the spine.
I have my own skepticism about products like this, but I am curious why so many are sure this could not be a viable product. If simply sitting with poor posture is enough to alter the composition of a human being, is it really that crazy to think that wearing something that restricts said slouching/etc would counter it a bit? Even if it was more about halting additional negatives from poor posture?

I'm really looking forward to the continued feedback from @ddec here, because I'm not likely to take the 150 dollar plunge personally - I just don't see why it's so unbelievable that this concept couldn't help people.

I have my own skepticism about products like this, but I am curious why so many are sure this could not be a viable product. If simply sitting with poor posture is enough to alter the composition of a human being, is it really that crazy to think that wearing something that restricts said slouching/etc would counter it a bit? Even if it was more about halting additional negatives from poor posture?

I'm really looking forward to the continued feedback from @ddec here, because I'm not likely to take the 150 dollar plunge personally - I just don't see why it's so unbelievable that this concept couldn't help people.
This is what I keep coming back to, I think it’s natural to be skeptical, but I’m not grasping how the science and design of it don’t make sense, the concept is sound imo.

Assuming it works, I really like the idea of wearing something like this flying or even long car rides.

But the whole marketing campaign of spam posts with pretty astounding claims is really off putting. Even the website "forme.science" screams infomercial bs.

Despite that I guess we are talking about something that I had no idea about when I woke up this morning, so maybe that's the point.

You're assuming that slouching is bad or reforms the skeleton. Neither of those things are true. I am making an assumption, but saying "poor posture" seems to imply that there is a correct posture and that is also just not true. I know it's a lengthy read, but I posted this earlier in the thread but this is a great read.

This is what I keep coming back to, I think it’s natural to be skeptical, but I’m not grasping how the science and design of it don’t make sense, the concept is sound imo.
The concept makes sense and if a person buys this shirt and finds that it helps, awesome. I hope they enjoy their investment.

Maybe I am just skeptical because I don't want a one-time purchase of a $150 t-shirt to make my business of as a strength coach making people of all ages, genders, pathologies, physically stronger and changing their perceptions of pain and capability obsolete. I cannot change skeletons, other than improving bone density which this shirt definitely cannot do, and I guess I don't like the idea this shirt can do something I can't.

You're assuming that slouching is bad or reforms the skeleton. Neither of those things are true. I am making an assumption, but saying "poor posture" seems to imply that there is a correct posture and that is also just not true. I know it's a lengthy read, but I posted this earlier in the thread but this is a great read.

The concept makes sense and if a person buys this shirt and finds that it helps, awesome. I hope they enjoy their investment.

Maybe I am just skeptical because I don't want a one-time purchase of a $150 t-shirt to make my business of as a strength coach making people of all ages, genders, pathologies, physically stronger and changing their perceptions of pain and capability obsolete.
I mean, both can coexist, no?

Quoted from their website under "Golf Benefits"

"Keeps the right shoulder retracted and trained to avoid over the top swing without conscious effort"
So it works for righties but not lefties?:LOL:

Maybe I am just skeptical because I don't want a one-time purchase of a $150 t-shirt to make my business of as a strength coach making people of all ages, genders, pathologies, physically stronger and changing their perceptions of pain and capability obsolete. I cannot change skeletons, other than improving bone density which this shirt definitely cannot do, and I guess I don't like the idea this shirt can do something I can't.

there is a post up above from a strength trainer (Sheldon) who works with PGA tour players. He seems to think there is a place for both. A tool just like any other in helping people.

I’m surprised genuinely to see you think the concept works, but fear it takes money away from you.

there is a post up above from a strength trainer (Sheldon) who works with PGA tour players. He seems to think there is a place for both. A tool just like any other in helping people.

I’m surprised genuinely to see you think the concept works, but fear it takes money away from you.
I don't think the concept works. I am trying to be more tempered in my responses.

I don't work with PGA Tour pros.

I don't think the concept works. I am trying to be more tempered in my responses.

I don't work with PGA Tour pros.

I guess this threw me off.
Oh well. Like every golf club, there will be those that are interested in trying and those that are not.

I do/did assume that slouching caused unneeded stress on the body, for sure. I don't know much of anything about strength training or body positioning to best solve pain or even basic things like breathing (hi @ddec great article buddy), I just don't see the disregard for a product without proper consideration as a healthy discussion in here, despite a small brood making it a point to downplay the product/response.

My quote earlier was simply to say that I don't see this as a solution to exercise, simply that most people don't have that in their regular regimen to begin with, so it's not exactly a replacement.

I don't see this as a solution to exercise, simply that most people don't have that in their regular regimen to begin with, so it's not exactly a replacement.

this is my take too. i'm not sure anyone is canceling their gym membership and just committing to these shirts going forward. it seems like it could be a great complement for both. like a standing desk. or a medicine ball instead of an office chair. not a replacement, just another arrow in your fitness quiver.

edit to add: two years ago i worked out more than i had since before i got married. i did a ton of core, cardio, and strength training. i definitely got stronger and healthier, but one thing that did not improve was my posture. granted i did not do many specific exercises for posture, i'm just saying having a stronger core alone may not fix posture issues.

I guess this threw me off.
Oh well. Like every golf club, there will be those that are interested in trying and those that are not.
Yeah, the concept makes sense, but so does Flat Earth Theory and Intelligent design.

Let me rephrase, I understand why people believe this shirt will help them.

Back