Could a Shirt Change Your Life? Introducing Forme

It finally clicked what this product reminded me of: compression socks. The theory was that they helped aid in recovery particularly for long distance runners. The actual research on that has led to inconclusive results. I don't know if they helped with recovery for me personally, but they definitely felt nice to wear.

I don't doubt at all that wearing a shirt like this would feel good, particularly in areas where you might not be in the most comfortable position, like at a desk or on an airplane. Whether it does more than that, I think more research would need to be done.

Just like golf clubs: if you like them, buy them!

My quote earlier was simply to say that I don't see this as a solution to exercise, simply that most people don't have that in their regular regimen to begin with, so it's not exactly a replacement.
this is my take too. i'm not sure anyone is canceling their gym membership and just committing to these shirts going forward. it seems like it could be a great complement for both. like a standing desk. or a medicine ball instead of an office chair. not a replacement, just another arrow in your fitness quiver.

Definitely not a replacement for exercise, I'm not sure why people would think it would be TBH. It's a wearable therapeutic, so I think of it more as something to provide some needed body maintenance.

this is my take too. i'm not sure anyone is canceling their gym membership and just committing to these shirts going forward. it seems like it could be a great complement for both. like a standing desk. or a medicine ball instead of an office chair. not a replacement, just another arrow in your fitness quiver.

edit to add: two years ago i worked out more than i had since before i got married. i did a ton of core, cardio, and strength training. i definitely got stronger and healthier, but one thing that did not improve was my posture. granted i did not do many specific exercises for posture, i'm just saying having a stronger core alone may not fix posture issues.
I really look forward to the day where a shirt can give me a legit six pack :ROFLMAO: #Technology

I would imagine the most common sense approach to improved posture would be to spend time at a gym and get a personal trainer, but let's be honest... Most people don't do any of that... So the idea of "skipping" it is a bit of a reach hahaha

I'm equally skeptical, but then again, people wear invisiline to correct their teeth, and other less intrusive items to correct things - I suppose it makes sense that a shirt could do something similar, especially with pros validating the process. No?

I do see the value in it serving as a supplement—just not a substitute. For someone like Kev, who is spending hours a day in a car, it may be especially valuable. It’s not like he can stand up while driving ha.

I do see the value in it serving as a supplement—just not a substitute. For someone like Kev, who is spending hours a day in a car, it may be especially valuable. It’s not like he can stand up while driving ha.
I mean he could try, I don't think it'd go very well!! hahaha!

Yeah, I think we're aligned here.

I really look forward to the day where a shirt can give me a legit six pack :ROFLMAO: #Technology

dude my abs are shredded. they're just hiding behind a few rolls of pillsbury dough.

Apologies if I missed this in the review, but how does this product work?
I re-read the review and see that I missed the answer the first time through.

checked these out on the site and did some research on all the posture shirts out there.. ended up buying a different company but with the 10% off Forme email signup ill check it out after I get the other posture shirt

I plan on wearing mine at night time or underneath a 1/4 zip if im not gonna be doing something active..... ever since I started working at a desk 6 years ago ive definitely noticed how much worse my posture has gotten. I exercise everyday and have incorporated specific movements to help but ive also been curious in technology like this for quite a while

if I end up liking the other posture shirt I ordered then ill be back to buy one from Forme also. Obviously any of us can retract and lower our shoulders whenever we want but lets face it, none of us do this. I really hope wearing a shirt like this works or at least helps

A question for those who are wearing these, how is the fit? I ask because I'm usually a medium or a large in t-shirts but according to their sizing guide it looks like i would need an XL.
I think this got lost in the mix. @JB @ddec any information on sizing?

I think this got lost in the mix. @JB @ddec any information on sizing?

I missed it as well so thank you for bumping.
I wore an XL. I don't know which model shirt JB was wearing, but I believe the Core model fits a touch tighter. If you are bigger in the midsection, I'd probably go up a size esp in the Ace.

There are guest posts daily, since they link from the website articles. In fact, those posts are probably from the article itself and not necessarily the forum. 🤷‍♂️
Yup, had no clue the forum posts and article posts were linked up. Once I'm done reading an article I stop and don't look at the comments and come to the thread instead. This is just the first time I've noticed these guests posts probably because they seem so well thought out in the response in here.

Mine has shipped…

Which one did you order?

CORE in size medium.

For reference, I'm about 6'1 and 175lbs. I'm really curious if the fit is right. Seems appropriate from their sizing guide.

If they don’t argue really with shoe inserts for more stability or ground force reaction, I’m not sure they care? Or better, I’m not sure they have enough evidence to tell you either which way.
A bit off topic (but I’ll tie it back) - I’ve deposed the foremost experts on inserts and orthotics and there is no clinical benefit to the vast, vast majority. I expect that this shirt is very similar. I still love the idea as a reminder (heck, I had a digital device a year or two ago that beeped when my office posture went bad) but to say it treats or cures anything has to be an overstatement.

A bit off topic (but I’ll tie it back) - I’ve deposed the foremost experts on inserts and orthotics and there is no clinical benefit to the vast, vast majority. I expect that this shirt is very similar. I still love the idea as a reminder (heck, I had a digital device a year or two ago that beeped when my office posture went bad) but to say it treats or cures anything has to be an overstatement.

How much of it is just a mental thing then you think? If you get the look good, feel good, play good mentality, does it not still count to an extent?

How much of it is just a mental thing then you think? If you get the look good, feel good, play good mentality, does it not still count to an extent?
Absolutely counts for something and I think there could be a benefit here, just overstated. I’m a fan of posture reminders and I have little doubt good posture is good for you. I think the claims are overstated to the point they can’t back them up, which is the shame.

If they were 1/4 of the price I’d be all over it but just doesn’t fit my budget.

If they were 1/4 of the price I’d be all over it but just doesn’t fit my budget.

I think that 90% of the hesitation people have about this is rooted in the price. This product at $60, and most would be far more willing to roll the dice on the unknown, and even if it doesn't help, you're not out that much.

I think that 90% of the hesitation people have about this is rooted in the price. This product at $60, and most would be far more willing to roll the dice on the unknown, and even if it doesn't help, you're not out that much.

at $60 would it make people more skeptical too?

at $60 would it make people more skeptical too?
I don't think so personally its still a t-shirt. Tough problem though, priced too low its a joke, priced too high and creates skepticism

Back