Could a Shirt Change Your Life? Introducing Forme

Golf balls are just items you temporarily own. You donate them back to the earth.
The golf gods appreciate your sacrifice.

at $60 would it make people more skeptical too?
The Donnie Thompson Bowtie has been around for a long time at $60 https://www.spud-inc-straps.com/bowtie/

If the Forme changed their marketing away from the "improve your posture and your life" marketing to "it kind of feels good to wear it for a while but it doesn't really do much other than that," I would make consider buy one. But as it stands, Forme's marketing comes across as a grift, to me, and I won't support that with my money.

The Donnie Thompson Bowtie has been around for a long time at $60 https://www.spud-inc-straps.com/bowtie/

If the Forme changed their marketing away from the "improve your posture and your life" marketing to "it kind of feels good to wear it for a while but it doesn't really do much other than that," I would make consider buy one. But as it stands, Forme's marketing comes across as a grift, to me, and I won't support that with my money.

No you wouldn't. You have made that clear haha.

Let's call a spade a spade....their slogan could be "blugold loves this and you will too!" with your picture on the website giving a big thumbs up, and you still wouldn't consider buying it. So let's stop pretending.

Let's call a spade a spade....their slogan could be "blugold loves this and you will too!" with your picture on the website giving a big thumbs up, and you still wouldn't consider buying it. So let's stop pretending.
You're right. I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

As a skeptic, if it works, I think it’s worth every damn penny personally.

A bit off topic (but I’ll tie it back) - I’ve deposed the foremost experts on inserts and orthotics and there is no clinical benefit to the vast, vast majority. I expect that this shirt is very similar. I still love the idea as a reminder (heck, I had a digital device a year or two ago that beeped when my office posture went bad) but to say it treats or cures anything has to be an overstatement.
A lot of what has been shared and can be read on Forme's website suggests this is more of a positional trainer in a lot of ways, which to me suggests it's got nothing to do with treating or curing anything (which I am glad to see if it's not possible).

It seems to me like it's more about "this product puts your body into "x" position so you don't have "y" result"

Just got mine…

image.jpg

Wow…this thing is…..interesting….

image.jpg

This is my white core tee turned inside out…

image.jpg

Well, it def pulls your scapulas together, pulling your shoulder back….

It has multiple layers, so not sure how great this would be to wear under golf shirts….

Will see how it goes.

=

It has multiple layers, so not sure how great this would be to wear under golf shirts….

Will see how it goes.
looking forward to your thoughts. It definitely seems to get me “right” while sitting at my desk.

=

looking forward to your thoughts. It definitely seems to get me “right” while sitting at my desk.

Ok, been wearing it for about one hour now. My initial impressions....

1. I've never worn anything like this before so had little to no expectations of what this was going to be about.

2. I work from home and sit in my office all day working, so figured it might help me from slouching. Not to mention the side hope that this might somehow benefit my golf swing.

3. After wearing it for one hour........

a. It isn't particularly "comfortable." But why would it be, in fairness. It is supposed to do something of course, achieve an end.

b. I'm wondering if the large size would have been a bit more comfortable? But then also wonder if it would then be as effective.

c. It pulls in near your armpits which is kinda odd and that where the slightly uncomfortable element comes into play. I should certainly expect some level of discomfort and
this is a minor annoyance at its worst.

For some reason I expected it to be a one layer item, the multi-layer element is interesting and made me question whether I'd wear this under a golf shirt while playing.

All in all, seems pretty cool and I plan to keep it. Will chime in with more as I get more experience. I intend to wear it daily while working at my computer.

Gonna run to the range now and see how it feels swinging....

Ok, been wearing it for about one hour now. My initial impressions....

1. I've never worn anything like this before so had little to no expectations of what this was going to be about.

2. I work from home and sit in my office all day working, so figured it might help me from slouching. Not to mention the side hope that this might somehow benefit my golf swing.

3. After wearing it for one hour........

a. It isn't particularly "comfortable." But why would it be, in fairness. It is supposed to do something of course, achieve an end.

b. I'm wondering if the large size would have been a bit more comfortable? But then also wonder if it would then be as effective.

c. It pulls in near your armpits which is kinda odd and that where the slightly uncomfortable element comes into play. I should certainly expect some level of discomfort and
this is a minor annoyance at its worst.

For some reason I expected it to be a one layer item, the multi-layer element is interesting and made me question whether I'd wear this under a golf shirt while playing.

All in all, seems pretty cool and I plan to keep it. Will chime in with more as I get more experience. I intend to wear it daily while working at my computer.

Gonna run to the range now and see how it feels swinging....
A trainer to a number of your players posted earlier in the thread that it’s not ideal for swinging.

I too at first found some tightness in under arm area. I was told to try jt over a shirt and/or discomfort would go away shortly and they were right. Completely comfortable after a day or so.

Like you I sit at a desk for hours on end and are hunched over and feel as though this has helped me a bit. Time will tell long term.

I have one and wear it 3-5 days a week and definitely feel a difference.

I don't agree with the price point argument. I can be as tight as the next guy but if I put pen to paper and figure out how much I spend on golf related products and on non-essentials $150 in the grand scheme of things isn't that much. Heck I'll spend more on impulse buying at Costco. But to buy a product that makes you feel better I think is worth every penny.

As my friend recently said. "Cheap is expensive, and expensive is cheap."

Will see how it goes.

If it pulls them back -- and down -- it should be a legit benefit. That's a major element in multiple exercises in physical therapy for neck and shoulder pain. (Ask me how I know :D)

For those who have the sports bra is it comfortable for all day use? Reading this thread has seriously got me thinking about getting my wife one for her birthday.

A trainer to a number of your players posted earlier in the thread that it’s not ideal for swinging.

I too at first found some tightness in under arm area. I was told to try jt over a shirt and/or discomfort would go away shortly and they were right. Completely comfortable after a day or so.

Like you I sit at a desk for hours on end and are hunched over and feel as though this has helped me a bit. Time will tell long term.

Just back from the range and agree, I won't bother to wear this while practicing or playing. It certainly didn't bother me though.

They gave me this information to submit to my HSA, so that's what I did. Got a message back that it is good to go

View attachment 9007699
Funny....I did the exact same thing and mine was rejected. Good times these FSAs! lol.... I just resubmitted it again!

A lot of what has been shared and can be read on Forme's website suggests this is more of a positional trainer in a lot of ways, which to me suggests it's got nothing to do with treating or curing anything (which I am glad to see if it's not possible).

It seems to me like it's more about "this product puts your body into "x" position so you don't have "y" result"
Eh, I don’t agree it’s that harmless of an explanation and I think they go past that but it doesn’t matter. I would have never noticed these claims if the first post I commented on didn’t literally use the word “cure.” I have to assume that came from the company the way it was worded. Claims that toe the line (for me) and go past include:
  • Reduce neck, back and shoulder pain
  • Improve circulation
  • Reduce injury
  • Improve mobility and balance
  • Quicker recovery
  • Boost endurance

Back