Could "old" Tiger Woods shoe lines be valuable down the road (like Michael Jordans are)?

Northerner

Reaction score
I've wondered this for a while, and have a couple of the original Air Zoom TWs and wanted to ask.

Original (or very old) Jordans are valuable. Is there any way the old TW Nike shoes could be worth something down the road?

I've wondered this for a while, and have a couple of the original Air Zoom TWs and wanted to ask.

Original (or very old) Jordans are valuable. Is there any way the old TW Nike shoes could be worth something down the road?

As far as I know, TW golf shoe models have never been especially popular. So, I don't imagine there would be any significant demand for older TW models.
Jordan basketball shoe models have been immensely popular since their introduction 30 years ago, both for basketball and street wear, so it is fitting the Jordan product appeals to collectors.

I don't think they will ever be a market for them like basketball shoes. There are several players shoes that have cult followings in basketball.

KD
Lebron
Kobe
MJ

I have only wanted to buy 1 pair of Tiger's shoes and that is the TW13

No. Air Jordans are iconic sneakers. Tiger Woods golf shoes, as with most, if not all, Nike golf shoes, are largely forgettable. The old TW golf shoes will be essentially worthless unless they were worn by the man himself.

A lot of the Jordan business is done by younger kids and in other parts of the world. When I coached AAU I had two kids buying Jordans and reselling them sometimes before they received them. It was a cool side business. Can't see Tiger or a golf shoe in general having the same excitement. The Jordan golf shoe,,, yes.

Thanks for replies. It makes sense the way you guys have articulated it. (y)

Thanks for replies. It makes sense the way you guys have articulated it. (y)

Still, if you have some old TW shoes you think might be worth something I guess it could not hurt to put them up for sale on ebay and see what happens :)

Or just display them in my mancave.

As popular as he is, I could see the TW shoes eventually being worth something - especially after he retires. Probably never on the level of Jordans or the like, though. I haven't followed that closely, but I don't think Nike ever did special/limited release versions or marketed them as aggressively in the 'boutique' niche as Jordans.

Back