Could or would you armlock?

I’d love to. Just would like to try using one for awhile before pulling the trigger and buying one.

Just threw a Midlock XL grip on my Supernova to mess around with over the winter

I’m in the middle of a changing to a converted armlock putter. I need to play a familiar course to cement it because the course I’ve been playing has some tricky pin locations. The one time I played a familiar course I did pretty good for me putting.

I just had the loft and lie adjusted. The lie is still a little flat but I think it’s close to where I need it. Loft has been increased to 6* which gives me a much better roll. This should help reduce the skid on longer lag putts. Everything feels more consistent except face control which is a grip issue for me.

I want to go armlock putter again. Exploring options. ☕
I tried one when I was getting a putter fitting and it was so awkward to try it. I really want to try one, but it was interesting that in just the fitting I couldn't get a groove for it at all.

I’ve tried it a few times but it just feels so uncomfortable

I tried one when I was getting a putter fitting and it was so awkward to try it. I really want to try one, but it was interesting that in just the fitting I couldn't get a groove for it at all.

If you try it, give it plenty of time.

I used an armlock a few years back. It was a Bettinardi SS something. It felt crazy awkward at first, Actually, I hated the feel. But over time, I become used it to the point where I even liked it. I have spent this winter working with the putter on ways to grip and create a more consistent stroke. I started goofing around with my putter in a very bent over armlock usage. The stroke and position felt good. So consistent. I taped on a yard stick and started goofing around. I like it. In fact, I am wondering why I ever sold that armlock putter.

If you try it, give it plenty of time.

I used an armlock a few years back. It was a Bettinardi SS something. It felt crazy awkward at first, Actually, I hated the feel. But over time, I become used it to the point where I even liked it. I have spent this winter working with the putter on ways to grip and create a more consistent stroke. I started goofing around with my putter in a very bent over armlock usage. The stroke and position felt good. So consistent. I taped on a yard stick and started goofing around. I like it. In fact, I am wondering why I ever sold that armlock putter.
That's what I didn't have during the fitting. It was like 15 minutes maybe a bit more. It would need to be a total commitment, which is hard when I didn't have a real putter before.

I don’t think I could use an armlock putter

I want to go armlock putter again. Exploring options. ☕
Once you go Armlock you never go back. ;)

Armlock might be a little odd for some and something traditionalists will never move to, but it does have its' advantages once you get the swing down.

I think I would have to have something very custom built to go armlock. When I've tried it in a big box store the face just doesn't sit right at all and I can't get a ball anywhere near the hole.

Armlock might be a little odd for some and something traditionalists will never move to, but it does have its' advantages once you get the swing down.

I need to do a better job delivering a consistent loft at impact. Armlock does that very well and, for me, also helps ensure a more consistent stroke path. I have a pull tendency. There is also something visually positive for me about how body and putter set up in armlock. I have a better sight line. If I don't armlock, I will likely go with a left-hand low wrist lock style ala Horschel. But why not just go armlock? That's where I am at right now.

I really liked it for mid and long putts. I struggled with it for short putts. It just never felt comfortable. Trying out a broomstick now and I think I am liking it better. We'll see on the course.

I really liked it for mid and long putts. I struggled with it for short putts. It just never felt comfortable. Trying out a broomstick now and I think I am liking it better. We'll see on the course.

Broomstick doesn’t seem as popular as I think it should be. Broomstick is very interesting as well. I look forward to hearing how that works for you.

edit: removed unnecessary words :D

Last edited:
Interesting. I am the opposite. I am better with short and mid putts using the armlock, but my longer putts are mainly to get close.

I'm in what is called a mid-lock putter right now, which is less of an adjustment than a full-length arm lock. Mine is from Evenroll and has a hosel design that takes care of much of the forward press without me feeling contorted.

I have putted both long and belly style in the past, both for more than a few years. This mid-lock was new to me last September and my putting has improved for the first time in 30 years.

Here's are a couple videos and pics of my Evnroll ER11vx.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 12.32.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 12.32.03 PM.png
    514 KB · Views: 2
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 12.31.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 12.31.37 PM.png
    337.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I'm in what is called a mid-lock putter right now which is less of an adjustment to a full length arm lock.

Here's a couple videos.

I am not a fan of this video.

Just taking your normal putter length and then adding 6" with a forward press is going to change the loft and lie.

You need to change the lie, weight of the head, and loft to get a proper roll with the longer putters.

Also, what is this just a straight up copy of the Ping Fetch? :ROFLMAO:

It's like they took the wrist lock grip and extended it without doing all the other things needed to get a proper roll.

Back