Could or would you armlock?

Tried it. Some good results with short and mid-range putts. Very consistent. Could not get comfortable with longer putts. Need adjustment to my setup and a fitting to make it work over time. At some point I would like to give armlock a shot again.

I would not armlock on the course
I would not armlock under force
I would not, could not in a bar
I could not, would not near or far
I could not armlock here or there
I would not armlock anywhere

I bet you tip the same way ;):LOL:
No it just means I hate the way Bryson looks putting. Wouldn’t want to look like that. 🤣🤣

I have played with it and could see it working for me but I think you need to get properly fit for a putter for it and commit to it for a while. I had an Odyssey Armlock putter but it didn't fit me quite right and I couldn't really get comfortable with it.

I am back to a long putter so obviously I will do anything that helps me putt better.

No it just means I hate the way Bryson looks putting. Wouldn’t want to look like that. 🤣🤣
But what If Bryson’s exact putter could be used with a more normal looking setup.... :unsure:

Have never tried it but certainly wouldn't be opposed to trying it. If it made me a better putter, I would arm lock in a heartbeat.

But what If Bryson’s exact putter could be used with a more normal looking setup.... :unsure:
Let’s just say I like the SIK putter face. I really like it in the new Cobra putter line.

There are certainly guys using the armlock that don't look like Bryson. Bryson takes it to the extreme really making his shoulder the fulcrum. Kuchar, Webb Simpson and Keegan Bradley all come to mind as golfers that armlock but don't do it like Bryson. Zalatoris looks even a bit more funky with his armlock with the right hand barely on the putter.

I used armlock for a couple of months, wasn't completely for me. To be fair, I also think the putter needed to be longer for me to take full advantage of it.

iu

Yes, I could and I think I have been doing it without realizing it.
This year I started gripping my putter with my right hand much lower than normal which then stabilizes the shaft against my arm a bit, like the picture above which is Matt Kuchar.
I wouldn't Would say its a full arm lock and I do try to use my straight arm and make a shoulder turn for the stroke

My putting has been really good and even when I am missing its either I make a poor stroke, Misaligned or I am just missing.
I will have @snafu take a picture tomorrow.

Last edited:
Let’s just say I like the SIK putter face. I really like it in the new Cobra putter line.
But what about a SIK Putter with a SIK face :unsure:

;):censored:

I have dabbled with it. It’s in the rotation. I do like practicing with it, even when sitting on the bench, as it ingrains a nice stroke. I am a fan.

I’ve never tried it. I’ve putted left hand low for 25 years and anything different feels so foreign. Closest I’ve come to liking another style is a split grip. That and AL seem somewhat similar.

I've never tried it, but wouldn't mind trying it a little...just to see.

Reactions: KEV
Negative

I’d leave it. Not something I’m currently interested in. Feels a smidge cheaty to me…

I’ve never tried it and never even really had much interest, but what the heck, I’d give it a shot just to try it. I don’t hate my putting right now (most of the time, anyway), but it’s fun to try new things.

I'm not sure I could as I've never tried it. It certainly interests me and I would love to give it a try. I would imagine a fitting would be pretty critical to get the proper length, loft and lie.

I could. I felt like I putter well when using the SS WristLock grip, so I can see the merit. I'd actually like to give it a shot at some point before they ban it haha

I tried it, but it was not pretty, but i really think i did not give it enough practice either

What exactly is the purpose behind armlock? Will it eliminate my right hand, like a claw grip would? That could convince me maybe

What exactly is the purpose behind armlock? Will it eliminate my right hand, like a claw grip would? That could convince me maybe

That is the objective to stabilize the putter through the stroke. Zalatoris goes armlock plus claw but the idea is to get a real pendulum stroke and keep the hands out of the stroke.

I am committed to the long putter for the summer but I am thinking about getting fit for an armlock putter and potentially seeing that as a challenger for next year. The issue is that it would be a major expense for a trial. Maybe a THP Experience for an armlock fitting and putter to compare stats.

Back