Could You Break 100 Using One Club?

No chance

The way I have been playing these last 2 rounds, I would probably have a better chance at beating my last score.

Negative that would be incredibly hard for me.

I think so, probably somewhere between 5-7 iron. I think the biggest factor would be course length.

Nope, but I would love to try... I'm going 5i or 6i

Not likely. Would certainly try with the trusty 7 iron.

Would need to practice putting and short game with an “unfamiliar club”. Also, I would need to avoid the sand.

Would need to practice putting and short game with an “unfamiliar club”. Also, I would need to avoid the sand.
Lay a 7-iron wide open and phlop it like Phil! :LOL:

Does this have to happen on a halfway decent course, or your basic hit it and find it style place?

If the former, I'd have a bit of a harder time picking, but probably my 7 iron. I can get it to go about 190-200 when I catch it nice, and it's one of those clubs that can be used around greens easier.

The latter? Maybe a Callaway Super hybrid. I can hit the ever loving hell out of that thing, and firm fairways would probably get me close to driver range. Then it's just a matter of punching it towards the green and making a putting'ish stroke at the ball.

Does this have to happen on a halfway decent course, or your basic hit it and find it style place?

If the former, I'd have a bit of a harder time picking, but probably my 7 iron. I can get it to go about 190-200 when I catch it nice, and it's one of those clubs that can be used around greens easier.

The latter? Maybe a Callaway Super hybrid. I can hit the ever loving hell out of that thing, and firm fairways would probably get me close to driver range. Then it's just a matter of punching it towards the green and making a putting'ish stroke at the ball.
So surprised you don't have one of these yet.

I’m sure I could do it if my one club was someone else’s putter.

Sure I could on the front 9 & then again on the back 9. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
If I did try, I would have to say either 7 or 8 iron.

I want to try. Might challenge a couple of my HS boys at this. 6i would be my weapon of choice.

Yes if I pick the course and tees 😉

Today, no, but 20 years ago in my late 50's I am pretty sure I could. Well hope springs eternal so perhaps I could.

I sent my son to a UGA golf camp in the late 90’s or 2000. One of the student coaches was Bubba Watson.
On the last day he played a round against the top 4 junior golfers. He played with just a 7 iron and the 4 juniors played a scramble format. They played 9 holes and I believe my son said Bubba beat them something like 41 to 49 for the 9 holes.
My son was in total awe by Bubba’s ball striking abilities.

Back