JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The search began yesterday for the next captain of the Morgan Cup. Want to be a Tour Player?

What is it?
Full Bag of Equipment of Your Choice
Apparel Scripting just like the Tour Pros
Accessories and Footwear that are Awesome
Playing Team Golf with R&D and Marketing from Cobra Golf.

Do you think you would make a good captain? Let us know. Here is the criteria we are looking for.

1. Be a 2021 Albatross Club Member
2. Be active on the THP Forum
3. Talk about equipment
4. Don’t be a jerk

What say you fellow THPers. Do you think you are ready for this type of challenge?

22-1024x692.jpg

Continue reading...

Feeling good until #4. 🙃🤪😎

Absolutely. Love the competitiveness aspect and getting a team to work together towards a common goal. Sharing the thoughts on the great equipment is always fun!

• Admin
Im going to come in and ask follow up questions to people to keep this thread moving.

Being a TEAM captain would elevate this amazing event even more. Confident in my ability, would welcome the challenge

Well, I have captained before. I can say with 100% certain I am a yes for 1, 2 and 3, but depending on who you ask I might not cut the mustard for the 4th stipulation...

Love that the Morgan Cup is continuing on, one of the best weekends of my life was down in OK when I was lucky enough to go and would love to go back. Doing it as a captain would be an honor, whoever gets selected will be continuing a tradition of some really incredible people who have held the role previously.

• Admin
Absolutely. Love the competitiveness aspect and getting a team to work together towards a common goal. Sharing the thoughts on the great equipment is always fun!
Being a TEAM captain would elevate this amazing event even more. Confident in my ability, would welcome the challenge

As a follow up, describe your activity level as it relates to discussing/reviewing equipment? :D

I’d do it in a heartbeat. I loved the HOGAN - UST event.

This is a fun thought I have to be Captain for the Morgan Cup. I check all the initial boxes, and I think I do that well. My biggest weakness is definitely certain aspects of equipment, like shafts, but that is where I would keep up the learning process, and maybe even lean on some old Team Hackers captains. I've been a leader on past sporting teams, and a current coach, so I like to think that I can bring people together to ensure everyone has a good time, and that each person has the journey that they deserve.

I love what the Morgan Cup was this year, and thoroughly enjoyed following the teams through the entire process. What an honor it is for whomever is selected to lead the team!

As a follow up, describe your activity level as it relates to discussing/reviewing equipment? :D
Well, I feel like I put in some solid work with the Ping i25 testing a few years back, which was a great opportunity to get a full iron set and provide some feedback. That year I had a few different iron sets to be able to provide solid comparisons, Apex Pros, TM Tour Preferred and Mizzy 825 pros.

I sometimes hesitate to post the short - cool, cant wait, awesome, to boost post counts and chime in with more relevant commentary. That's my style, anyway.

More recently getting new sticks this year that are not the top of many THP'ers list (PXG) it has been fun keeping those threads alive

I play a lot of rounds of golf and when in my reviewing period I like to give my feedback every few rounds to update how it's going. I would like to start hitting the range more to give more feedback. We now have an outdoor range here with trackman which is a great bonus to get numbers and see the ball fly for real and not into the screen.

I’d do it in a heartbeat. I loved the HOGAN - UST event.

A lot of work and planning that goes into being a captain! However, it’s the chance of a lifetime to leave your stamp on THP history. I’d welcome it with open arms, and can’t wait to see who’s name is called!

I know I can do it. This time I can put fourth a better effort now that there aren't other family issues clouding my mind. I have plenty of experience being the captain of my high school golf team & the shared responsibility in college. It's been a while of course but I'm sure it will come back to me. Of course, this time will be quite a different experience with THP'ers on my side. ;)

I believe I’m ready to Captain a Morgan Cup team. I’ve never been referred to as a jerk, I’ve done quite a few product reviews & I love team competitions!

it’s time to bring it...not to mention someone has to defeat @jdtox

I definitely think I’m captain material! However, not for some time as I spend far too much time daydreaming about chevrons, sliders, and the letter G. Having previously captained and coached a high school diving team, I know there is no better feeling than leading a team to victory and seeing teammates succeed. It’s a unique and rewarding experience working with team members to build off strengths and minimize fears and weaknesses. And who doesn’t love giving a rousing motivational speech?! As for equipment and engagement, I can’t get enough! (Equipment and engagement statement not wife approved.) Let’s go fellas, I can’t wait to see who will emerge as next year’s fearless captain!

I believe I’m ready to Captain a Morgan Cup team. I’ve never been referred to as a jerk, I’ve done quite a few product reviews & I love team competitions!

it’s time to bring it...not to mention someone has to defeat @jdtox
I've been beaten not once but twice by @Canadan and @OITW in the singles. Good thing its not a singles event haha. However I'm overdue to put a hurtin on someone so to that I say...

I know I can do it. This time I can put fourth a better effort now that there aren't other family issues clouding my mind. I have plenty of experience being the captain of my high school golf team & the shared responsibility in college. It's been a while of course but I'm sure it will come back to me. Of course, this time will be quite a different experience with THP'ers on my side. ;)

You have said you are a brand loyalist. How would you go about switching brands for an entire year?

I'm going to happily throw my name in the hat! I'd also second any of my other teammates from 2020 #TeamHackers as they all meet all of those requirements. But participating in the MC was one of the most unique and fun things I've ever done. I'd absolutely jump on a opportunity to participate again and to help return the cup to its rightful position on @Master Yagley desk!

There are so many great choices here on THP that I know JB and team are going to have their hands full!

I'm going to happily throw my name in the hat! I'd also second any of my other teammates from 2020 #TeamHackers as they all meet all of those requirements. But participating in the MC was one of the most unique and fun things I've ever done. I'd absolutely jump on a opportunity to participate again and to help return the cup to its rightful position on @Master Yagley desk!

There are so many great choices here on THP that I know JB and team are going to have their hands full!

As a follow up. Could you shorten your pre-shot routine? Asking genuinely.

You have said you are a brand loyalist. How would you go about switching brands for an entire year?
Oh that's the really easy part to be honest. I'm at the point in my golfing career that I need to play what's best for my game & not what is best for my head & ego. :eek: I've been looking for an easy way to transition from my current OEM & this seems to be the best opportunity yet.

Back