Hence the shot over the cart...I was tired of waiting :D
She must have served one group on hole 15 five different times 😂

I don't drink so my time would be shorter....Just sayin'

You, CPG, the Forum, and everyone else does a tremendous job making this stuff happen, and it absolutely create life time memories and friendships. Just see the other post of favorite memories, and all the ongoing excitement for this event's continuation!

You guys definitely do. I know you like to throw some jabs here and there. It’s all in good fun and that usually means you like that person pretty ok.

That said, as I mentioned prior, you put a lot into these things for everyone. It never goes unnoticed so thank you.

Lastly, I genuinely appreciate the feedback. I mean that.

I play ready golf, I can play 9 holes in under an hour, think about shot as your riding to next shot/talking to partner, get yardage, know the club, look at green, hit the ball! :D(y)

After today's day at work, I honestly commend those who want to lead something in their free time as well.

I don't know why and I'm not blaming anyone because we had our slow play holes throughout the day as well, but the last group on Sunday waited almost 20 minutes to tee off on 15. :oops:

Last edited:

Thats just poor planning! You always buy 4 more beverages than are required to complete the round. By the 18th hole you are on your last and happily putting before the 19th hole

So who wants to Captain a bunch of Tour Players?

With al of that said, we genuinely want people to have the time of their lives and think we do a decent job.
Conflicted back and forth after reading this thread. These events are incredible, life changing for some and great bonding for others but most times a great time. Slow play happens, skill set new track, nerves, nerves, nerves, you’re already out of your element and then when you rush change your routine add one more thing into slowing down the round cause the golf will get worse from there. Imo. I watched it a full round at Cog Hill a decently skilled golfer was struggling and wasn’t really getting support and the play just got worse, me and my partner even competing against this team was trying to help him relax and try to enjoy, even after the round, that’s all we can do as friends, teammates, members. everyone wants to perform well. You’re asking for leaders/captains I guess lead by example but it don’t matter if they’re slow, fast good or bad if they can get a group of strangers to enjoy the THP experience then it’s a win win.

There are so many of my THP experience brothers who could be great at this. No disrespect to them but I’ve got to go with either of my teammates from the MC who’ve asked to be considered, @e1iterate and @Jmk202. Each would be an excellent captain. Each are passionate about the Cup and what it means to Morgan, Josh, the Cup brotherhood and the THP community, not to mention how dedicated they are to Cobra and Puma. Both are supportive and encouraging of their teammates. Both will shoot straight with you, even if it’s not something you want hear. Neither are Richards.

Jake and Mike were fully engaged and fostered discussions of our equipment, amongst ourselves and on the board, as well as our myriad online shopping trips for Puma Cloudspun and Jackpot goodness. They taught me more about equipment, in terms even a lawyer could understand, than I had been able to pick up on my own, let alone understand.

I had the privilege of cartnering with both Jake and Mike. Mike and I played together in alt-shot. I didn’t have a good morning and was feeling pretty bad when it carried over into our match. I apologized for my poor play that left him in the hunch too many times but he would have none of it. He put on him and did his best to give me a boost and drag out some good play from me. That meant the world to me. He was the consummate partner.

Jake and I cartnered in singles. I was all over the place at times and that put us in a bind time wise. Jake kept encouraging me, telling me I could come back. When I finally won a hole, he was in my ear telling me that I was going to win. He kept me in that match, probably to his detriment. When I tied it up, he was happier for me than I was.

Both are incredibly detail-oriented and organized. They will lead by example. They’re competitive but understand that part of the event is side dish to the main course - the friendships among the teams and the relationship with CPG, and to set the stage for the 2022 Cup. I have no doubt Mike or Jake would have their team engaged on the forum in support of the experience and committed to representing Cobra, Puma, Yags, Jose, Josh and, especially Morgan and Rachel to best and fullest. I know their team would be fully invested in what the Cup means and bring honor to it while having as much fun as possible (and bringing the Cup back to its rightful place 😎).

Last edited:
I’ve really enjoyed reading the responses in this thread, lot of guys I’d love to have as my captain in a team experience

There are so many of my THP experience brothers who could be great at this. No disrespect to them but I’ve got to go with either of my teammates from the MC who’ve asked to be considered, @e1iterate and @Jmk202. Each would be an excellent captain. Each are passionate about the Cup and what it means to Morgan, Josh, the Cup brotherhood and the THP community, not to mention how dedicated they are to Cobra and Puma. Both are supportive and encouraging of their teammates. Both will shoot straight with you, even if it’s not something you want hear. Neither are Richards.

Jake and Mike were fully engaged and fostered discussions of our equipment, amongst ourselves and on the board, as well as our myriad online shopping trips for Puma Cloudspun and Jackpot goodness. They taught me more about equipment, in terms even a lawyer could understand, than I had been anle to pick up on my own, let alone understand.

I had the privilege of cartnering with both Jake and Mike. Mike and I played together in alt-shot. I didn’t have a good morning and was feeling pretty bad when it carried over into our match. I apologized for my poor play that left him in the hunch too many times but he would have none of it. He put on him and did his best to give me a boost and drag out some good play from me. That meant the world to me. He was the consummate partner.

Jake and I cartnered in singles. I was all over the place at times and that put us in a bind time wise. Jake kept encouraging me, telling me I could come back. When I finally won a hole, he was in my ear telling me that I was going to win. He kept me in that match, probably to his detriment. When I tied it up, he was happier for me than I was.

Both are incredibly detail-oriented and organized. They will lead by example. They’re competitive but understand that part of the event is side dish to the main course - the friendships among the teams and the relationship with CPG, and to set the stage for the 2022 Cup. I have no doubt Mike or Jake would have their team engaged on the forum in support of the experience and committed to representing Cobra, Puma, Yags, Jose, Josh and, especially Morgan and Rachel to best and fullest. I know their team would be fully invested in what the Cup means and bring honor to it while having as much fun as possible (and bringing the Cup back to its rightful place 😎).

Can't disagree that Jake or Mike would be excellent though.

This thread has been a great read. Love the insight from past participants and what others think it takes to be a good captain. There are a lot of guys here that I’d be honored to have as my captain.

Follow up questions, as a person with a career, new father, etc is their a time issue that could get in the way for you personally? Meaning between team stuff, club testing, playing and posting?

And could you shorten the pre shot routine? 😀
All he would have to do would be to eliminate the 2nd back off move that’s he’s incorporated into his routine.

Can't disagree that Jake or Mike would be excellent though.

Ah sh**, my bad, brother. Everything I said but the part about playing together also applies to you.

With al of that said, we genuinely want people to have the time of their lives and think we do a decent job.
“Decent job?” These are lifetime memories. I can attest to that.

You're severely underselling with "decent". Admittedly I've only been to one event, but it was legitimately out of this world as someone who loves golf. I'll never forget my experience.

Back