Since throwing my name down for this once in a lifetime chance have I been active? The simple answer is yes. The more complex answer is that through the holidays and craziest time of year for most people, THP personally provided a really great escape, maybe even distraction. The end of this past year was absolutely brutal. Had it not been for THP....I may not have gotten through it so well without the encouragement and support I received.

I’ll be tuning in as much as I can. There are certainly a few items on the schedule I’m a bit more interested than others. But, my fellow THPers using color coded calendar blocks warms my heart! Been using them for years in my career so now when more pop up next week it will just look like I have a really busy week planned. 🤣🤣

On second thought. It might be too busy of a week. hmm. Damnit! Don’t wanna look like I’m overachieving.....

#UnderPromiseOverDeliver ....yes I’ll be on🤣

Just caught up on quite a few pages that I missed over the holidays. Some great stuff and great names for consideration.

I think that I have been active since I tossed in for this, trying to add quality posts when I think I can add to the community. But there is always room to improve and be more active, especially in the equipment threads. Life is starting to settle back down again, so hopefully I can get back to my old ways of spending hours on THP at work during my free time.

As for the THP Showcase, I am going to tune in as much as I can, but I have already blocked off time for Wednesday and Friday as those are going to be can't miss for me personally. Ill try to tune in live as much as possible, and catch up as needed. THP Live Streams are always a blast.

I have admittedly not been around much the last couple of weeks. It's been a busy stretch, and while I've been reading, I've not been posting as frequently. A bit of a New Year recharging of the golf batteries, as it were. I will most certainly be tuning in for the Showcase whenever possible.

Yes I think I was active on THP. It was actually my first quarter to but the 500 post mark with much of that coming in December during the push to 7 Mil.

Yes I plan to follow the Showcase next week as much as possible. I will be working so will not be able to follow the daytime portions very much but will try to catch up in the evenings. I do plan to follow along during the evenings though after work. It will be an exciting week!

I knew I could do it in Outlook, but don't want to alert my manager I've blocked 2pm everyday with THP. :p
Just name it - "meeting" - you'll know what it is, however everyone else will know that you have a meeting... every day at the same time that week!

Just name it - "meeting" - you'll know what it is, however everyone else will know that you have a meeting... every day at the same time that week!
I have marked it “continuing education” on my calendar

I have marked it “continuing education” on my calendar

The "Continuing Education" label gets the o.k. every time! "Supervisor: What are you learning about?" "Me: The latest upgrades in equipment that will have an impact on my overall productivity. Some really good stuff here - just need to spend more time researching."

The "Continuing Education" label gets the o.k. every time! "Supervisor: What are you learning about?" "Me: The latest upgrades in equipment that will have an impact on my overall productivity. Some really good stuff here - just need to spend more time researching."
Just trying to be a better player...errr..uh.....worker

I’ve certainly been active in the forum and community regardless of holidays etc. THP is just one of those things that’s apart of my daily thing so it’s not hard to be active and jump into threads.

As far as the THP Showcase next week, I have all of them added to my calendar and color coded in Green! Baring anything unexpected, I’ll be on during the day to check them out. The content going on in the evenings should be no issue.

Looking forward to all the fun!
I wish I could watch all this. Just going to depend on if work has YouTube blocked that day bc I can’t get on the forum at work. Tried and no dice. Lol. Best of luck to you. Maybe you will get selected!

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 9.35.52 PM.png

It keeps getting closer and closer.... Massively excited, and nervous, and excited for whoever is selected to be the Captain! Good luck to all applicants out there! I know that we'll find someone great!

View attachment 8988862

It keeps getting closer and closer.... Massively excited, and nervous, and excited for whoever is selected to be the Captain! Good luck to all applicants out there! I know that we'll find someone great!
Eh, why be nervous? Being a Captain is would be an awesome and rewarding experience, but the nervousness shouldn’t kick in unless your name is called. Even then, it’s all fun.

There has been a long list of awesome captains over the years, and certainly some big shoes to fill. But things have a way of working out around here, and I am sure whomever is picked will be up to the task.

Last edited:
Well ladies and gentleman. Someone this week will start out as a mere THP mortal......only to become a legend in THP lore....... @jdtox you getting nervous yet?? :LOL:

Decision week! I don't envy JB and whoever is involved with this decision because there are a lot of great candidates. Whoever gets the nod is in for a heck of a year.

The captains will be final soon!~ I wonder if it's still up in there air or if a decision has been made for whom will captain the winning team over @jdtox ?

A lot of people waiting for this announcement.

Been only able to stop in for a few minutes here or there over the past couple weeks but had been more active prior to that. But with this bad couple weeks made me feel concerned maybe I wouldn't be the best choice just in case it happened the same again. I don't know.

@Datkison whom ever is chosen is the right one to lead. I’m sure the golf gods have understanding and would have full confidence in your abilities!

This week has been amazing and this announcement is just a cherry on top.

It's been amazing, and we still have 3 days! Not even half over!

And agreed, this announcement will have a way of pushing it even higher! Cant wait!

It has been a great week and feels like we are just getting started!

Seeing the feedback and numbers from @jdtox with the Radspeed driver amps up the excitement a little more too.

Back