Could you play a full bag of DTC brands?

I could easily game a full bag of Hogan’s and Snell golf balls. Heck, I like the guys at Sub70 as well so I’d game their whole set as well.

I would like to think so. Irons and wedges are an easy yes answer.

Hmmm. Another endorsement for Hogan.

I vaguely recall New Level, nice to know the guy is nuts (I fully buy into the entire “you can fully trust a guy you sent beer to over the Internet” mantra, ha).

Have you hit any Sub70 irons, if so I’d like to hear your thoughts?
Sub70 are blanks... No thanks .

When the next version of the Ben Hogan Edge Irons come out, there will be a lot more yes answers to this question.

Also we were told at the Hogan/UST Mamiya Event that the Equalizer wedges are going to have a refresher with more grind options coming soon.

BTW the guy might be a bit out there, but those New Level wedges are still one of my favorites of all time. Felt phenomenal, the sole just worked so damn well for me, and the performance was really good.

Well I do own quite a few clubs from Grenade Golf including:

Driver
3 wood
5 wood
3 hybrid
4 hybrid
blade putter
mallet putter
52* wedge
54* wedge
56* wedge
58* wedge
72* wedge
golf polo and 2 hats

Absolutely, I play a full bag of Hogan's currently with no issues at all. I could easily use snell, Oncore or Cut for the ball.

Yes. But I don’t like the look of most iron options so it probably won’t happen.

Well I do own quite a few clubs from Grenade Golf including:

Driver
3 wood
5 wood
3 hybrid
4 hybrid
blade putter
mallet putter
52* wedge
54* wedge
56* wedge
58* wedge
72* wedge
golf polo and 2 hats
I had the original Bombtech Grenade driver, and used it for a bit. I was very consistent with it, but it wasn’t the consistency I was looking for. I always hit a low (I mean really low) piercing cut. It found the fairway a lot, and I could control it, but I couldn’t clear any sort of hazard at distance unless it allowed me to roll through it. I do like that he/Sully is able to put some really affordable clubs out there, and there are folks that swear by it. I just think that because of my experience, I would now lean more towards a company that allowed a demo program before diving in. That would lead me towards Ben Hogan.

I had the original Bombtech Grenade driver, and used it for a bit. I was very consistent with it, but it wasn’t the consistency I was looking for. I always hit a low (I mean really low) piercing cut. It found the fairway a lot, and I could control it, but I couldn’t clear any sort of hazard at distance unless it allowed me to roll through it. I do like that he/Sully is able to put some really affordable clubs out there, and there are folks that swear by it. I just think that because of my experience, I would now lean more towards a company that allowed a demo program before diving in. That would lead me towards Ben Hogan.

I agree with you on the Ben Hogan comparison. I bought most of my Bombtech clubs way before he exploded like he has. Back in the day if you hit the chat button on his website you would actually talk to him! He always struck me back then as a nice guy just trying to get ahead so I had no problem helping him with my small contribution. I believe most of my Bombtech clubs have the original white head covers and 1 or 2 may have the upgraded Chi Chi Rodriguez shaft from back when he was using him for marketing.

I don't think there is anyone who would put the Grenade clubs in the same level as Ben Hogan. I knowthe Bpmbtech irons and wedges are just blanks ordered from China and done up with his logo vs all of the actual R&D that goes into the Ben Hogan lineup of golf clubs. I've never hit any of the new Ben Hogan clubs but they are clubs that I definitely would liketo try, especially since I may look to get into a newset next season. My current set is now almost 5 years old and there's lots of new shiny stuff out there to try!

Back