Could You Use This Wedge?

how much bounce is on that thing

I couldn’t since I really don’t play flop shots. You would have to put it 12in behind your back foot to chip with it!

I can barely use the ones I have now.

I have no idea if I could hit a 76º wedge but it would be fun to try.

One time I felt I *needed* a 72º wedge after a failed flop shot during a round. I talked myself out of that one though by the time they were back in stock. Whew.

Wow, that would be fun to try, but I can't imagine I could hit it more than 15 yards on a full swing.

Could but really would not have a desire to.

No use for it. A guy had a 68* pine meadow and that thing was stupid how quick it shot up. You’d have to wear a mouth guard.

Sharpen the edge and use it to cut weeds.

60 degree is difficult enough for me, I think I might hit the ball backwards over my head with this one.

I would use it because why not

I wouldn’t even try.

I can't hit a full shot with my 58° much less that one

Anybody remember the "Alien" wedge? My buddy had one. I forget what the loft was on the thing, but he told me that the farthest he could hit it was about 20 yards! But, he still had it in his bag, and it actually came in handy. He was invited to some corporate outing at Oakmont. On that short, uphill par 4 he put his second shot in the right hand greenside bunker. Really deep. Pulled the Alien and took a cut, almost got out, but the ball settled back to the bottom. He then took a bigger cut, the ball got out, trickled across the green and into the cup for a par!

After the round, and lunch, they had a skills competition. One of them was a little pitch or chip shot of about 20 yards. Right in the Alien's wheelhouse. My buddy stepped up, hit this shot straight up in the air, and it settled right next to the hole. I think he won a telelvision!

I would have no use for this thing. I remember the first time I hit a 60* wedge. I looked at it down there, and thought I was going to eat golf ball!

No, that club doesn't interest me. It would be fun to play around with it near a practice green but that would be it.

Nope. I had a 73* wedge that bought just because.......it was a 73* wedge.

Darn thing drove me nuts trying to use it. Even offered the club pro a chance to swing it. He declined. Said he'd rather hit 6i shanks the rest of his career.

The last straw was when I put it in my bag. The next morning all the other clubs were gone. I took their hint.

I could but I wouldn’t.

I would hit myself in the face with the ball.
that was one of my first thoughts when i saw something similar at Academy a couple years ago

No way, sometimes I feel like the 60* has too much loft for me 😬

I would imagine I could hit it I mean I play a 9 wood. I don’t have a need for it though. I hit my 58* 80 yards on a full swing. I don’t need something I only hit 40 yards on a full swing.

I have a 64° in my misc/junk clubs bag in the garage. Never could find a good use for it. A friend bought one and was deadly with his.

Same boat as well. I've had two 64* wedges and just find they're not super easy to use. If you're hitting out of fluffy rough, it's very easy to hit high on the clubface and have the ball go nowhere. And forget about downhill lies...swing-and-miss city.

76* wedge would be so lofted that I'm not sure how you could even use this effectively. Couple millimeters up or down and you're either thinning the ball over the back of the green, or sliding right underneath.

I reckon that would be useful club , ..... if I wanted to hit it backwards !! with that sorta loft or vertical lift for when your ball is against a bunker face or revetted wall.

Either way l want the instruction manual and receipt so l can get a refund when it doesn’t work lol .

🙂👍

Back