Could You Use This Wedge?

I’m sure it would be OK to use but it would only be really limited to certain shots and I like the club to be able to do a couple different things so this is something I wouldn’t buy.

That is a full 20* higher lofted than my highest lofted wedge. I am pretty sure I would just hit that backwards.

Absolutely and it would be glorious...until it wasn't.

Ralphie: I want the official red Ryder 76* wedge
mom: you’ll put your eye out

I would like to say I could use this wedge, but I can't think of any instance where I have needed this wedge

I barely use a 60* let alone this one. It would come straight up & hit me in the mouth, so I better wear a mouthpiece if I do use it :eek:

76 degree wedge?!? Um, not sure I'd get that to go anywhere, cept the sky

No I wouldn’t use it. A 58 is enough loft for me. Although I would love to hit a few shots with a 76 around the practice green.

I had one. I could hit it 100 yards high or skull it 100 yards. There wasn't much in between.

That thing would be fun to play around with but no way I'd give it a spot in the bag. But I'm pretty curious how hard you would have to swing to hit it 10 yards.
I'm more curious out of 10 swings how many we DON'T blade!

I'd love to try it.
I really like my 60 and can lay it wide open to pop balls almost straight up.
That 72 is probably way more loft than I could justify in my bag.

Sure I would! If I was trying to set a record for the world's longest beaver pelt of turf.:ROFLMAO:

I reckon that on the super tight links turf we have here that I could probably hit that around 310-320 no bother, never getting more than a foot off the ground :LOL:

I'd love to goof off with this wedge, but can't imagine it making my gamer bag.

LOL the question is why?

I'd love to try it.
I really like my 60 and can lay it wide open to pop balls almost straight up.
That 72 is probably way more loft than I could justify in my bag.
It would be cool for trick shots. Lay that 72 wide open, take a full swing at it, then stand right there in the same spot and catch your ball when it comes down. :LOL:

It would make a great tomato stake.....

I can use it to slice prosciutto when preparing bread sticks for Easter or xmas dinner appetizer.
1627442768275.png

I used a 64 degree for awhile and that was a mistake, so I'm gonna take a hard pass on a 76.

For fun I could
For actual use, no way

Back