Could You Use This?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

Could I, sure.

Would I? Hmmm that’s a bit tougher to answer without trying one. Would depend on the shape I guess

No - but if you find one that makes the putt for you - I'd be interested :)

Seems like there'd be a significant risk of the putter falling over and striking the ball...

Need to Try it before We Buy It.

Looks Kool (y)

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 7.56.35 AM.png

I get this on my page, but I clicked it and as I did, I was thinking "this better not be a S7kPutter!" :LOL:

But yes, I think if I had one that did that I would use the function as a traning aid, but I don't think it should be allowed in tournament play and I would not buy one specifcally for that function.

I'd get laughed off my course, but if I was making everything they' shut up eventually. Honestly, I can't see myself even trying it.

I would say I do not need this but I would be willing to try it. After trying it, I may have a different opinion.

I've seen these before and they rarely fix the roll the person puts on the ball. And the second you touch it, the alignment can change

If it helped me make more putts, sure.

I doubt it would help me much but I guess I would try it. Doesn’t really matter if you can’t read the putt, make a proper stroke, or control the speed anyway does it?

Unlikely, guess it would need to be tried before judgment. Don't think it should be legal though.

This putter is not high on my list but interesting to see Smoltz use it.

Maybe...but why?

No, no freaking way.

The S7K commercial definitely does not help how I feel about this one.

Yes, easily.

For me, no. Along the lines of the chipper thread that was out there last year, even if it took 3 strokes off my game i just dont see it as something i would use.

If it worked, why not!

Bridgestone used to have the stand up one, didn’t fit me the best but it was.

Cure could do that with enough weight on it. Never did it though.

It could be a good training tool. As once properly aligned one could the stand over it to train your eyes. With such left eye dominance that training is important.

Sure, why not? I watched a youtube vlog golf round and a woman playing had one of those stand-up putters. She was a very good player and made some putts. I was impressed.

I saw a guy try this the other day. After a few holes, he put it away and pulled out his trusty go to.

As always if I could make more with it I would use it.

Back