The yet to completed Sedge Valley. A Tom Doak design at the Sand Valley complex in Central Wisconsin. I have not played the par 3 SandBox. Mamouth Dunes and Sand Valley courses are awesome.

There is a few private courses close to my house that I would love to play someday: Encaterra and Seville Golf Club. Seville is 5 minutes away!

There are too many to count. Pine Hills, Litchfield, World Tour (just for the heck of it) to name a few. Finally getting to play TPC on Saturday and True Blue on Wednesday weather permitting.

If you can allow me a 30 minutes radius from my office then it is 110% Rattlesnake Point Golf Club. Most of the guys I play with regularly have played it, but I have never had the opportunity. Guess I just don't know the right people:rolleyes:

Dreams would be Merion or Aronimick, but since that will never happen the Private course Bellewood near me would be nice.

These 3 are within a 10-minute drive
Shaker Ridge Country Club
Wolferts Roost Country Club
Schuyler Meadows

I was a member at the Roost for 20 years. I play in the member guest there every year. I play once or twice a year in outings at Schuyler and I have played Shaker numerous times also.

I have a few buddies who are members but they can only bring guests on Tuesdays and it just hasn't worked with my schedule.

Champions Pointe is pretty nice also. I like Covered Bridge a little better but both are fun courses. Let me know if you decide to go to either and need someone.
Let me know too...thought about going to covered bridge over the summer and just never made it. Isn’t Otter Creek supposed to be nice too?

Moraine Country Club
View attachment 8986973
But in real world it would be Browns Run as it just opened to the public not to long ago.
Moraine is nice....greens were like glass last time I played there.
Browns Run I really hope they get it back into shape. Before covid shut down everything it was in awesome shape and walked it a few times. Went later in the year and it was a goat track and embarrassed I took my dad and brother there.

Hermitage Golf Course President’s Reserve. It’s 5 miles away. Just don’t like 5.5 hour rounds on weekends.

University of Louisville Cardinal Club.

Hoping that changes this season.
Wish we would have know each other earlier in life, one of my college teammates was the HP there for 3-5 years.

I’ve played every course I’ve wanted to now (thanks to THP getting me on Firestone North) public or private within an hour or so of me.

Slightly outside that??? Maybe @Canadan ’s club?

Thinking.... I don’t think I’ve played Firestone West, so I’d like to play that one.

I’ve played every course I’ve wanted to now (thanks to THP getting me on Firestone North) public or private within an hour or so of me.

Slightly outside that??? Maybe @Canadan ’s club?

Thinking.... I don’t think I’ve played Firestone West, so I’d like to play that one.
Ontario is just south of Columbus, right? There is some INCREDIBLE golf there. Pinnacle, Double Eagle, Heritage, Muirfield, Tartan Fields, Scioto, Scarlett... and I'm not even looking at a website or anything hahaha! I'm jealous of Columbus golf.

Glen eagles . Played all other within 30 minutes of me private and public

Ontario is just south of Columbus, right? There is some INCREDIBLE golf there. Pinnacle, Double Eagle, Heritage, Muirfield, Tartan Fields, Scioto, Scarlett... and I'm not even looking at a website or anything hahaha! I'm jealous of Columbus golf.

Nah man I’m smack between Cleveland and C-Bus. Which means anything inside an hour has been played and outside of that, probably not.

I have played Muirfield, Sciota, and Firestone North and South (probably west too 20 year ago?). New Albany perhaps? BTDT. I made just enough friends to play them in one way, shape, or form. TGC is the one that evades me. I had an invite 3-4 times (20 years ago) and we were rained out every time. Good luck to all those wanting to get in there. !! Seriously. It’s next to impossible.

Valhalla would be my top as well. I drive past it every time I come home from my current club, and stare every time, especially now that it’s winter and can see through the tree line better!
No Valhalla?
I've played there a few times. Love it.

Wish we would have know each other earlier in life, one of my college teammates was the HP there for 3-5 years.
Well DANG!!! I've had several chances to get out there, just haven't made it yet.

Firestone CC and Canterbury CC.
The 2 opportunities I've had to play Firestone were unfortunately cancelled by weather. Canterbury CC, I volunteered there for a Senior tour event, but never had the opportunity to play.

Glenmoor Country Club
My in-laws used to live and be members there. Great course!

For me: lots of private golf within 30 minutes I've not been able to play.

Canterbury Golf Club (hopefully will get on this year).
Shaker Heights County Club
Kirtland Country Club
Pepper Pike Club
The Country Club
Beechmont Country Club

The Aquidneck Club in Portsmouth RI. Good friend is now a member so he better invite me this year. :)

The Aquidneck Club

My in-laws used to live and be members there. Great course!

For me: lots of private golf within 30 minutes I've not been able to play.

Canterbury Golf Club (hopefully will get on this year).
Shaker Heights County Club
Kirtland Country Club
Pepper Pike Club
The Country Club
Beechmont Country Club

That is awesome!

From your list I have heard great things about The Country Club. Top notch. Someone I used to caddie for at Firestone regularly was a member at The CC and raved about it.

That is awesome!

From your list I have heard great things about The Country Club. Top notch. Someone I used to caddie for at Firestone regularly was a member at The CC and raved about it.
I am hoping I can run into someone this season who would like to invite me there haha. My old firm did a project at the clubhouse that we had another engineer working on. I wish I would have been on it, might have scored an invite that way!

Wilmington Municipal GC, A Donald Ross course 15 minutes from home. Always busy, takes while to get around so I've been told, you must get the early tee-time to save yourself from a 5 hour round.

Back