Course Photo of the Day: The Ridge at Manitou Edition

Beautiful looking course and area.

That course looks awesome, great looking pics also. (y)

Hey man real nice read going through and nice pictures. Place looks like it’s been cut out of a forest, neat natural rock, really green, thanks for sharing!
Beautiful looking course and area.
That course looks awesome, great looking pics also. (y)
Thanks guys. It was funny, I remember this course always being a real treat to play, something we tried to make the trip for once a year. Then I was choosing and editing photos and the pictures weren't telling the same story - it was more "ho-hum". Now that I've been posting them the course is exactly the way I remember it. Wait for the 18th - it's for sure the most beautiful view on the course.

I enjoy sharing these pictures with THP, I'm already thinking of what course to do next. I am glad that you are still appreciating/enjoying it.

The par 3s at the Ridge are fairly straightforward as the photos have shown, however the 15th hole has a little bit of everything: creek, granite and sand.
DSC_3869.JPG

Sometimes simply obstructing the golfer's view of the fairway off the tee is enough to make a hole seem intimidating. The short par 4 sixteenth is a fine example of one of those. While you can see the green from the tee (left side), you cannot see any of the landing area.
DSC_3872.JPG

So you safely found the fat part of the fairway, but unfortunately the second shot is no cakewalk either. You are forced to hit a shot to an elevated green that is well protected by both rough and an abundance of bunkers. Trust your yardage and take dead aim.
DSC_3875.JPG

The one-shot 17th hole is probably the prettiest of the par 3s at the Ridge, although it's hard to beat the water fronting the 15th. This one, however should play slightly easier as the only real trouble are the bunkers short right; there is a huge grass area short and front left of the green should you not catch it flush. Shots that run through the green will also find grass, although you will have a difficult chip as you are now above the level of the putting surface. As with most of the holes at the Ridge, the hole is cut out of the trees such that you are isolated from any other golfers.
DSC_3878.JPG

Congratulations - you've arrived at the 18th tee at The Ridge. Actually, it's a pretty boring look from the tee. There is a small rock on the far side of the fairway (leftish side) that is a good aiming point.
DSC_3881.JPG

Once you arrive at your drive in the fairway, however you can see the beauty of this golf hole. Playing downhill all the way to the lake, the upper fairway drops down slightly over some scrub to a second fairway that runs all the way to the front of the green. Take a moment, either before or after your shot and admire the view.
DSC_3883.JPG
P1140507.JPG

DSC_3893.JPG
I've never been able to figure out what this guy was trying to do, but he did indeed hit a shot from there. I think the practice green is in the background, which if memory served would put him to the right of the 18th hole, however he is playing in the wrong direction.
We are supposed to play the Ridge next weekend, if I remember I will try to figure out where exactly he was and what he might have been trying to achieve.

Are photos from this year or older saved photos? I played 2 summers ago and course was in pristine shape. Last year I thought it was a notch lower. If photos are current, looks like a return to former glory.

Are photos from this year or older saved photos? I played 2 summers ago and course was in pristine shape. Last year I thought it was a notch lower. If photos are current, looks like a return to former glory.
Wow how time flies. According to the file info they were taken in 2009.

We are planning to play there next weekend so I can update on the current conditions. My hope is that Golf North hasn't had it long enough to screw it up.

Once you arrive at your drive in the fairway, however you can see the beauty of this golf hole. Playing downhill all the way to the lake, the upper fairway drops down slightly over some scrub to a second fairway that runs all the way to the front of the green. Take a moment, either before or after your shot and admire the view.
View attachment 8953421
View attachment 8953424
Wow! That hole is picture frame worthy.

Back