Photo Heavy Course Photo of the Day: Tobiano Golf Course Edition

Hole No. 14: "On this signature Par 4, take dead aim at the 150-yard marker - a miss slightly left or slightly right will still find the fairway. Anything too left will most likely be lost, and anything too right can be found if you track the line of flight. The approach to this challenging green plays slightly less than a full club, and when on the green, be sure to look at your putt from all angles as the many subtle breaks can make for a difficult two putt."
DSC_4797.JPG
Judging from my reaction, I think this one was a "little too left".
DSC_4815.JPG

DSC_4833.JPG

My goodness this is a beautiful golf course!

Hole No. 15: "This beautiful Par 3 plays slightly down hill. Anything on the right side of the green should funnel towards the middle of the green, setting up a makeable birdie putt."
DSC_4853.JPG

Hole No. 16: "The safe play off the tee of this Par 5 is to aim just right of the first set of fairway bunkers. Any tee shot hit too far on a straight line might go through the fairway, so depending on your length, you may want to hit a club other than driver. The downhill second shot gives you an opportunity to reach the green in two and a putt for eagle. If not, a lay up shot to the left in front of the green side bunkers is the safest play. Staying short of the pin on this left to right front to back sloping green will give you the best chance to one putt"
DSC_4858.JPG
DSC_4863.JPG

DSC_4864.JPG

Hole No. 17: "Choosing the right club on this final Par 3 is very important, anything short that manages to carry the canyon could land in one of the two deep greenside bunkers. This back to front sloping green offers a slight backstop for anything long of the the pin."
DSC_4873.JPG

A feeling of sadness is a natural response upon reaching the 18th tee, as it signals that your round at this spectacular facility is over save for a couple of strokes. If the golf Gods were accommodating, as there were on my day at Tobiano were lucky enough to experience a very unique but beautiful golf course, enjoy the company of three other people whom you would be happy to call friends, and above all else earned some memories that will live with you forever.

Hole No. 18 "Your final tee shot should favour the right side of the fairway on this right to left sloping Par 4. The green can be hard to hold as it slopes away from your approach, the ideal shot is to land short of the green and have your ball run up to the pin"
DSC_4877.JPG
DSC_4880.JPG

DSC_4881.JPG

Thanks @Junkyard for bringing us on a tour of that beautiful golf course. I hope one day to visit that area!

Loved the follow along and the pictures, love being able to look at the course architecture. Thanks @Junkyard

Hole No. 17: "Choosing the right club on this final Par 3 is very important, anything short that manages to carry the canyon could land in one of the two deep greenside bunkers. This back to front sloping green offers a slight backstop for anything long of the the pin."
View attachment 8977205
This hole has wrecked me a few times. Green is so severe its 3 puttville if you aren't below the hole.

This hole has wrecked me a few times. Green is so severe its 3 puttville if you aren't below the hole.
A potential card wrecker for sure. Fortunately it is very close to the end of the round, so you only have one hole to dwell over the sting of a poor performance.

Great stuff here @Junkyard , this thread has been fun! Looking forward to your next one.

Back