Course recommendations, Los Angeles (November)

Castor Hades

Reaction score
Handicap
6.7 EGA
I'm taking a short (8 days) trip to LA next month, and I'm seriously thinking about bringing my bag along with me. I'd say I have time to play maybe 3-4 rounds.

I have no clue about any courses over there, and I'm not looking to spend 200 dollars per round, maybe something between 40 - 100 USD?

I'm staying in the West Hollywood area, and I will most likely be able to get a ride to some of the courses close by, but I could maybe borrow my buddies car and drive further...

Any suggestions?

Rustic canyon, Los Verdes, Rose Bowl courses are value ones I can think of worth playing.

I'm taking a short (8 days) trip to LA next month, and I'm seriously thinking about bringing my bag along with me. I'd say I have time to play maybe 3-4 rounds.

I have no clue about any courses over there, and I'm not looking to spend 200 dollars per round, maybe something between 40 - 100 USD?

I'm staying in the West Hollywood area, and I will most likely be able to get a ride to some of the courses close by, but I could maybe borrow my buddies car and drive further...

Any suggestions?

I have a policy recommendation for you, when you are staying in West LA make sure to drink at the bar with a friend or a "licensed massage therapist" will be eager to help you relief the tension from your stressful day. West LA is an interesting place, I have no idea there were so many massage therapists available!

I work in West Hollywood, let me know when you're in the area. I'd like to play some golf with a fellow member of THP. Brookside Golf Course, I agree, Rancho Park in West LA is cool, and there are some decent courses over the 405 heading north. Woodley Lakes, Balboa, Encino, let me know!!

West Hollywood puts you in a golf desert in terms of public courses. My suggestion would be to play the local courses on the weekday. Play the outskirts of LA on the weekend. Let me know if need more information.

Relatively close:
Rancho Park GC (West LA). City Muni course. I haven't played here in a while but the course has character.

Harding and Wilson (Los Angeles). Other City muni courses. Nestled in Griffith Park (northish of DTLA). Again, older courses with a bit of character. Conditions can be a bit shaggy.

A little further out:
Los Verdes GC (Rancho Palos Verdes). Course with ocean views. Layout is a bit of rolling up and downs. Conditions can be a bit shaggy.

Angeles National GC (Sunland). Challenging course. Weekend rack rate is a little out of your price range request but weekday rate fits.

Industry Hills GC (City of Industry). Two courses here, Eisenhower and Zaharias. Resort golf setup. Challenging layout with good conditions.

Brookside GC (Pasadena). I know this was recommended, but I'd be a bit leery to play here in November. A local university, UCLA, uses the nearby stadium to play Football and the courses are used for parking. Check the football schedule before deciding to play here. Two courses here. My preference would be to play Course #1 rather than Course #2.

Further afield (but worth the drive):
There are lots of courses along the I15 if you are willing/want to drive a bit.
Oak Quarry GC (Riverside). Course built from an old rock quarry. Challenging layout with very picturesque holes. See this thread for recent account of THP folks playing there.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Cleveland-Golf-Extra-Rounds-amp-Travel-Thread

Goose Creek GC (Mira Loma). Course out in the middle of nowhere. Fun layout. Course conditions are always great.

Brookside GC (Pasadena). I know this was recommended, but I'd be a bit leery to play here in November. A local university, UCLA, uses the nearby stadium to play Football and the courses are used for parking. Check the football schedule before deciding to play here.

Who the h%#l uses a golf course for parking?!? :)

I work in West Hollywood, let me know when you're in the area. I'd like to play some golf with a fellow member of THP. Brookside Golf Course, I agree, Rancho Park in West LA is cool, and there are some decent courses over the 405 heading north. Woodley Lakes, Balboa, Encino, let me know!!

Thanks!

I'll be around 22nd-30th of November, but I have no idea about my schedule, I know I'm taking 2 days for a trip to Vegas, but otherwise I should be more or less available for golf on a couple of days.

Who the h%#l uses a golf course for parking?!? :)

When they had the World Cup at the Rose bowl in 1994, a bunch of us from the high school were responsible for making sure no one walked on the greens. Otherwise, the course was fair game for parking.

Lost Canyons out in Simi Valley. Great course. 405 to 118 into Simi Valley Tapo Canyon north to course.

Enjoy!

Bob (Diveguy)

Back