Course recommendations near Lafayette LA.

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Going to be in Lafayette La, New Iberia Abbeville area for a couple weeks in April. Courses that should of shouldn’t be played.

The Wetlands is the only public course worth playing in Lafayette. Kosati Pines is about an hour West of Lafayette and is definitely worth checking out. If you are going to be around New Iberia then go play Atchafalaya down HWY 90 in Patterson. Course conditions down here are very sporadic but those 3 are your closest/best options. Lake Charles and Baton Rouge are both an easy drive from Lafayette and have a few nice courses to choose from. Baton Rouge traffic can be absolutely terrible if you catch it at the wrong time.

I don’t know what brings you down here but if you haven’t been you are in for an absolute treat. I evacuated to Abbeville during Katrina for a few months and went to ULL for undergrad. That general area probably has the most underrated food scene in America and the people couldn’t be any nicer. Festival International and the Boudin Festival are both in April and I highly recommend both of them.

The Wetlands is the only public course worth playing in Lafayette. Kosati Pines is about an hour West of Lafayette and is definitely worth checking out. If you are going to be around New Iberia then go play Atchafalaya down HWY 90 in Patterson. Course conditions down here are very sporadic but those 3 are your closest/best options. Lake Charles and Baton Rouge are both an easy drive from Lafayette and have a few nice courses to choose from. Baton Rouge traffic can be absolutely terrible if you catch it at the wrong time.

I don’t know what brings you down here but if you haven’t been you are in for an absolute treat. I evacuated to Abbeville during Katrina for a few months and went to ULL for undergrad. That general area probably has the most underrated food scene in America and the people couldn’t be any nicer. Festival International and the Boudin Festival are both in April and I highly recommend both of them.
Headed to new Iberia for Cajun Rv rally. Then to Abbeville to meet some friends at an rv park. Golf is a bonus.

Headed to new Iberia for Cajun Rv rally. Then to Abbeville to meet some friends at an rv park. Golf is a bonus.
Sounds like a good time. I had way too much fun in that city for the short time I lived there. Hope you enjoy yourself.

Sounds like a good time. I had way too much fun in that city for the short time I lived there. Hope you enjoy yourself.
We will for sure. Great food good friends a few drinks. Then throw in 4 or 5 rounds of golf.

Back