Course Strategy - Pre-Round

I'll generally have a look at their website and scorecard as well as a hole by hole if they have one, but that is genuinely just out of curiosity and anticipation, nothing else. I can't say I've ever researched a course in advance to the extent that I have a plan of how I'm going to play each hole - tend to just rock up and hope for the best.

I have a new strategy for my next round. I'm leaving all clubs longer than a 5i home. I'm going to tee off with my 6i on every hole. Most par 4s will be a 6i + 7i. Most par 5s will be two 6is + a PW or 9i. I want to see if I can crack 90.

I have a new strategy for my next round. I'm leaving all clubs longer than a 5i home. I'm going to tee off with my 6i on every hole. Most par 4s will be a 6i + 7i. Most par 5s will be two 6is + a PW or 9i. I want to see if I can crack 90.
With your distances I suspect you'll do well. How long is the course?

With your distances I suspect you'll do well. How long is the course?

From my tees, 5700 yds. Strategy - keep the ball on the short grass. After a bad day with the driver my last round - I really don't know what happened - I hit it so well on the range - on the 7th hole I just teed off with my 6i. put it dead center. HIt another 6i and dropped it 5 feet from the hole. missed the birdie putt. tap in par.

Back