Covid Masks - What are you wearing?

A face shield. I use SA Fishing as I use them as neck gaitors for the motorcycle usually. 4 for $20, and some of the best out there IMO.

I have a variety of masks including cloth that I could use, but I pretty much stick to the surgical masks.

I'll be wearing a dust and pollen mask to cut the grass today. Always have. And my neighbors USED to think I'm weird. USED to. :ROFLMAO:;)

I got one of these Srixon masks in a giveaway on Twitter (thanks Noelle Z).

bd3f2be47266efcf88fb4ec36c306f8f.jpg

I received a mask from True Linkswear as part of the preorder bonus package when I bought my OG Feel shoes. The mask is stuffed in a door pocket in my truck, just in case I ever need it.

20200604_101704.jpg

I have no idea what type of mask I am wearing. I just know it's some sort of black cloth with an added membrane attached to it.

My wife knows what we wear. Being a retired nurse, she's the expert on medical PPEs.

She will also tell you that masks are not a 100% defense against this virus. At best, they just limit the dispersion of the virus particles should a mask wearing, infected person cough, or sneeze.

We tend to stay home a lot, and avoid crowds. She tells me we are in this pandemic for the long haul. That we really are "too old for this kind of crap". :)

Now.....how often are people washing their masks? :eek::D
You'd need at least 20 of them and a constant wash cycle to keep up with CDC mask cleaning guidelines. Did you just touch it? Time to wash it.
If you just sit back and try to do the things they say you're supposed to, it quickly is evident much of it is in futility.

That said, I'm totally fine wearing one to the store and such. "Getting sneezed on" prevention in the middle of all this is of very little sacrifice.
I just don't like any kind of mandate for how it bodes with other future mandates and potential precedence it sets. Again, like mandating vaccines. We have to let our minds go to that next step because that's where its going. What are you willing to do NEXT?

Mom just made me two American flags and shamrock

Too funny not to share...
057CC7A0-54A7-47B6-8062-1C90B053EA0C.jpeg

I'm blessed. My wife is an outstanding seamstress. I can have whatever I want--custom fit.

Don't own a mask and haven't used one yet. Fingers crossed for holding out 4 more months. 🤞

gator style scarf with a Carbon Filter insert41nViHTbQsL._SX90_.jpg

KN95 masks provided by work, or a buff. I'm so used to wearing a full face respirator that anything less than that is a breeze

A face shield. I use SA Fishing as I use them as neck gaitors for the motorcycle usually. 4 for $20, and some of the best out there IMO.
Same here. Perfect combination of "potentially helpful" and "here's your placebo" lmao!

Whichever side ends up right, I'm fine rocking one of these when I go out to stores etc.

I wear a plan blue mask that was made by a friend. I have to laugh at my brother who has paid up $25 for a couple fancy masks.. I won't do it.

I need a golf focused one... golf logo from string to string? THP Logo on the side?

Standard blue surgical. No big deal to wear one for me.

I've been wearing the same blue/white ones and I HATE them... Now our sellout TX governor has mandated that we wear masks, and as the U.S. founding fathers roll in their grave, I find myself searching for something more comfortable. I'll be interested to see what choices others are making here.

I have some N-95 masks for home and public use and some of the cheapo surgical masks that my employer is mandating we wear at work all day.

I bought some plain neck gaiters/face shields from Amazon. I feel like it would be easier to keep that around my neck for whenever I need to cover my nose and mouth.

It was no masks when I stopped into the insurance guy's office today. No masks at the clubfitter.
(Myself or others.) Was never uncomfortable in the least. Everyone just kinda kept their distance.

Back