Covid Masks - What are you wearing?

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Curious what masks are we wearing?

I’ve been wearing the medical white and blue type, but was considering buying something washable.

So....what kind of Ninja are you?

My wife made an Illini mask - Orange and Blue with Illini logos.

Got a navy blue one I made .

Fortunately I don't have to wear one. I told the wife that if I did I'd like to find one that boldly displayed a certain hand gesture on it. :facepalm:

Fortunately I don't have to wear one. I told the wife that if I did I'd like to find one that boldly displayed a certain hand gesture on it. :facepalm:
What planet do you live on? 😉

I’ve been making my own with a bandanna, a piece of coffee filter and two rubber bands. A new one every day.

What planet do you live on? 😉
I live in a pretty rural area east of Sacramento, CA, I've been working from home since this all started, and the only place I've been that required a mask was the eye doctor, and I wore a simple dust mask for that. Few places around here require masks, Sacramento County threatened to make them mandatory whenever in public, but didn't follow through with it, and I don't go down there much anyway.

Just one of those 50 to a box dust things. I can use it for a few days before the either the elastic goes or that metal strip falls off. I’m working from home, and only hit the Dunkin and the corner deli occasionally. I seem to have a weird face/head shape and those ‘surgical’ things don’t fit or feel right. I did order one of those gaiters with ear loops because a normal gaiter just slides off.

normally, none...if I HAVE to, I find whatever's available.

My SiL made me an Oklahoma mask. It has a pocket where I can insert filters (which I do by sandwiching a layer of flannel fabric between quilters cotton). I'll have to take a picture as some point.

I have a bunch of options - medical masks, an orange hunting face cover that is UV protecting, and all black cloth masks.

Whatever I find in the carts at Target. I can’t believe people leave their perfectly good masks behind. A little febreeze and is good as new.

Make my own masks. Bandanna mask. Bandanna, coffee filter and two rubber bands.

Attachments

• 4A16D8C9-9358-4A31-B8CE-7270A98A7BDE.jpeg
    4A16D8C9-9358-4A31-B8CE-7270A98A7BDE.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 20
Just N95 masks.

We each have three of the washable types we use on a regular basis. We also have some N-Series surgical throw aways for just in case moments.

The washables we soak in in a bleach/soap/water mixture, and the let them air dry. They dry in about 15 minutes in the out side air. .

We know masks are not 100% safe, but they work well as an added precaution. Every little bit helps during this pandemic. .

Not sure how many know this, but masks are designed to be worn by infected individuals to help inhibit the spread of their germs. To help keep their germs confined to a smaller area.

Non infected mask users are just looking for a little more added protection.

My wide and I are wearing the Seamus masks.

Made in china special, since they are mandatory at LA city munisA6794207-C65A-4B86-96E5-1098E572C39C.jpeg

There is a rumor I may wear the PXG masks. If they ever show up. I’ma big fan of the custom fitting and plugs on them. Boom baby.

Haven't worn one yet. Wife has some throwdown disposable ones in case we need one for somewhere. Barbers are still requiring them, so I may have to (grudgingly) put one on to get my hair cut next week.

Grabbed a stack of medical masks the first week. Still using. My wife got me a washable Batman on and a blue one. Haven’t worn because I don’t like to have to tie them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back