COVID Pandemic - How has it impacted you?

There was a lot of good for me. I kept my job and started working from home which saved me $5000 per year in commuting costs. That plus the four hours per day that I used to spend commuting but is now free time allowed me to join a relatively inexpensive private club which has allowed me to play more golf in the last 3 months then I have in the last 3 years. I go out after work by myself for 9 or 18 a few times a week and it is awesome. I can breeze thru 18 in 2:30 and be back home before dark. When I was commuting I would be getting home from work the same time I am now returning from the golf course. I've also met a bunch of new people that I now enjoy as playing partners.

On the other hand, I lost my best friend and brother from another mother to Covid in December. I'd trade all the good and then some to have him back :cry:

I'm thankful everyone in our family came through the pandemic OK. I will be forever grateful that I got to spend a day and a half in the hospital with my Covid negative, 90-year old mom until the hospital realized they had made a mistake and banned my sister and me in the morning. That afternoon, my mother's heart stopped , believing "my kids are coming to see me this afternoon. Coincidence? I don't believe there are coincidences.

I used to be a trusting person in general. Now I am a hardened skeptic, bordering on distrust, on just about anything put out there these days, and especially on topics for which dissenting views, and even honest questions, are suppressed.

Back