Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
I have my 2nd Pfiezer shot tomorrow. Side effects will be what keep me on the couch to watch the Masters all weekend. Did I plan that right or what?

Iceman!

THPer formerly known as "markm778"
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have my 2nd Pfiezer shot tomorrow. Side effects will be what keep me on the couch to watch the Masters all weekend. Did I plan that right or what?
I get my 2nd Pfizer shot today and took tomorrow off from work to either:
1. Recoup and watch The Masters
2. Golf and watch The Masters.

Last edited:

captaincaution

@alekbabel - #teamRhi
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It's like the March Madness snip-snip.:sneaky:

NEhomer

Reaction score
Handicap

Nice but I've got you beat. On Tuesday of Masters week in 2019 I had hip replacement surgery. I was on the couch to watch every minute of Tiger's 15th!

Chef23

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I got my first Pfizer yesterday. My arm is surprisingly sore but I know there are generally not much in the way of side effects with the first shot.

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Nice but I've got you beat. On Tuesday of Masters week in 2019 I had hip replacement surgery. I was on the couch to watch every minute of Tiger's 15th!
I'll have to remember that one for down the road.

Chef23

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'll have to remember that one for down the road.
Years ago I scheduled my vasectomy around the first weekend of the NCAA basketball tournament. It was the perfect excuse to lay on the couch and watch basketball all weekend when I had a 2 and 3 year old.

Buckeyegolfnut

Reaction score
Handicap
About a 14
Got my second Moderna shot yesterday. Just felt a little "off" today. Nothing specific like headache, sore throat or nausea. Just a slight "achiness" in my body. Watched the Masters all day on Masters.com.

Carolina Dundee

Better to be lucky than good
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I got my 2nd of Moderna Monday and didn’t have any real side effects.

shot sight was sore and it hurt to raise that arm above the shoulder but I was able to plant 6 shrubs the next morning with out an issue.

KY Golfer

Team Paradise 2020
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Bourbon
Got my 2nd Pfizer early this morning, felt fine today but we shall see what the next couple of days hold.

JonMA1

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
High
60. Pfizer.
First shot almost nothing... sore arm.
2nd shot kicked my butt. 102 fever, some chills and a headache the morning after. Worked from home, slept for an hour and by 6pm felt fine.

Iceman!

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
60. Pfizer.
First shot almost nothing... sore arm.
2nd shot kicked my butt. 102 fever, some chills and a headache the morning after. Worked from home, slept for an hour and by 6pm felt fine.
Hmmm, same age and I got my 2nd today at 3:30. So far, so good! Let’s see what tomorrow morning brings. My wife got hers Yesterday and this morning She was fine. By 2pm, she was home from work with a fever. I did take tomorrow off from work.

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
about to be 40.
moderna this afternoon. took motrin about an hour after the shot, and have felt fine. will take some more in a bit. so far so good, just a little soreness in the injection arm.

Iceman!

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hmmm, same age and I got my 2nd today at 3:30. So far, so good! Let’s see what tomorrow morning brings. My wife got hers Yesterday and this morning She was fine. By 2pm, she was home from work with a fever. I did take tomorrow off from work.
So so good as of now 10:00. Took two Arthritis Tylenol this morning. Arm was a little sore so I put a StanimaPro patch on the shot area to see if it would soften things up.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So so good as of now 10:00. Took two Arthritis Tylenol this morning. Arm was a little sore so I put a StanimaPro patch on the shot area to see if it would soften things up.
I was under the impression that we were not supposed to take meds for at least 24 hours after. Has that stance changed?

Bernoulli

Enjoy every sandwich
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
I’m nearly 60. I had my second Pfizer shot on Wednesday afternoon. That night my arm was sore. Yesterday, I had a slight headache for most of the day (same as with 1st shot). My arm remains sore to touch but no other issues today.

Last edited:

ddstanford

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2nd shot on Wednesday and only S.E. was a bit of fatigue and arm soreness; same for the Mrs.

Grins

AMDG
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Pfizer
First shot - surprisingly sore arm. Had a hard time sleeping on it, but no other symptoms.
2nd shot - not as much of a sore arm, fine after that. no other symptoms to speak of.

Iceman!

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was under the impression that we were not supposed to take meds for at least 24 hours after. Has that stance changed?
Didn’t know that and wasn’t told that at vaccination site. I’m a Rebel I guess.

From my Research: "You can take these medications to relieve post-vaccination side effects if you have no other medical reasons that prevent you from taking these medications normally," the CDC states. "It is not recommended you take these medicines before vaccination for the purpose of trying to prevent side effects." (Which of course I did)

fuffle master

Hit it, Hit it, Hit it Hard!!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Going down
I thought the same but was told by the nurse who gave me the 2nd shot yesterday that I could take ibuprofen if needed for a sore arm. But, I guess you don't get sore right away.

fuffle master

Hit it, Hit it, Hit it Hard!!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Going down
Had 2nd shot yesterday and no issues at all. My arm isn't even sore, but I admit I did use the Theragun on it last night when I thought it was getting sore.

Jiffypop

Reaction score
Handicap
For those that got the 2nd Moderna shot & basically was ok, do you normally get the flu or is the flu something that you do not really ever get?
I have 2 friends who get the flu almost every year and the 2nd was pretty bad for them for about 36-48 hrs. They snapped back to normal pretty quickly after this timing.

I have had the flu in 2017 & in college (1996) and that's it. I am hoping since I don't usually get the flu (never have gotten the shot either) that it will not be so bad for me.
I know that this isn't the flu per se, but it seems like those I know that are more affected by the flu have a harder time with this vaccine.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in