Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, that's what I saw too. A little surprising if it's just in 6 women. I'd be really curious if they all had something in common. Totally off the wall, but something like smoking for women who take birth control (at least the pill form) can cause blood clots too, so I wonder if there is more to this and they just aren't sharing it yet.
If it's only the reported cases, the one in a million blood clot risk from the J&J vaccine appears to be about 500 times less than the birth control pill, 1,500 times less than smoking, and 150,000 times less than an actual COVID infection.

Yup, that's what I saw too. A little surprising if it's just in 6 women. I'd be really curious if they all had something in common. Totally off the wall, but something like smoking for women who take birth control (at least the pill form) can cause blood clots too, so I wonder if there is more to this and they just aren't sharing it yet.
My wife brought that up, she said I wonder if they were all on the same BC or on blood thinners because they had clotting issues because she thinks it's odd its only women. If they let me Friday, I am still going with it but where I am going also has Moderna so I can go 2 shots if needed.

That is what golfergirl and I were talking about. It is for 6 women that had blood clots out of 6.8M doses given.

I'm sure the assumption is that people's confidence should improve with how seriously they're looking into these rare side effects, but I can't see that happening. Maybe someone with more public health knowledge than I have can tell me I'm wrong, but it seems to me that pausing and making a huge story about something that has a literal one in a million chance of happening isn't in the best interests of safety at all. It's just going to increase vaccine hesitancy and lead to far more deaths in the short and long runs.

And to chime in on my experience, I had a bit of a sore arm from Pfizer #1 and nothing else. Very similar to a flu shot. Pfizer #2 coming tomorrow morning :D

39 - Got my first Moderna on Friday. Felt like crap Saturday, went for a long walk and just lounged watching the Masters all day. Racked out at 7p. Was very achy and felt like I walked downhill with a heavy pack for 10 miles. Woke up Sunday feeling great. Happy to be headed in the right direction.

37 - got round one of Pfizer today. I have developed zero superpowers, adverse side effects, or rippling abdominal muscles. My injection side is a little tender, that’s about it so far. Will update in a few hours.
do you feel the tracking device pulsing or beeping? i want to know how much this is going to affect my sleep :ROFLMAO:

do you feel the tracking device pulsing or beeping? i want to know how much this is going to affect my sleep :ROFLMAO:
I'm disappointed my phone hasn't switched over to 5G yet. Hopefully after the 2nd dose?

My daughter rambled some random words together and I just responded with “Ready to comply” before I did some interesting self defense moves. I just assume I’ve been able to do that this entire time.

I got my first moderna yesterday morning. No side effects that I can tell. Wife says my arm is/was 'warm' there. I played 2 rounds of golf yesterday, slept like crap as per normal, moved stone all morning and am at the gym now during lunch. So.. life as usual.

I had Covid, btw. Mid/late last summer. Not especially mild. If that matters. See how round 2 goes next month.

Got my first Moderna shot on March 31. Arm a little sore for a day or two. No big deal. Then last Friday started to develop a rash and a little spike in temperature. Doctor said it seemed normal -my system doing its thing. Then got progressively worse over the weekend . Extreme swelling all over my head, spike in temperature, chills-you name it. My face looked like Chuck Wepner. Doctor said no bueno so went to the hospital. ER on the phone with the CDC. IV drip, steroids, antibiotics. Feel better now, no chills or temperature. Face still a little puffy. Can't take the second shot till its determined what in the first shot caused the reaction and/or might have to switch to a different vaccine.

On a side note the doctors were asking me if I changed anything in my lifestyle over the past couple of weeks like diet, laundry detergent, shampoo etc. The only thing that came to mind was I switched to a different golf ball.

Got my first Moderna shot on March 31. Arm a little sore for a day or two. No big deal. Then last Friday started to develop a rash and a little spike in temperature. Doctor said it seemed normal -my system doing its thing. Then got progressively worse over the weekend . Extreme swelling all over my head, spike in temperature, chills-you name it. My face looked like Chuck Wepner. Doctor said no bueno so went to the hospital. ER on the phone with the CDC. IV drip, steroids, antibiotics. Feel better now, no chills or temperature. Face still a little puffy. Can't take the second shot till its determined what in the first shot caused the reaction and/or might have to switch to a different vaccine.

On a side note the doctors were asking me if I changed anything in my lifestyle over the past couple of weeks like diet, laundry detergent, shampoo etc. The only thing that came to mind was I switched to a different golf ball.
I'm laughing, but I feel like I shouldn't be. Way to set us up for that ****. Lol

Scary, man. Glad you're feeling better. Good luck moving forward, whatever that looks like for the vax.

My sister in law got her 2nd shot yesterday of Pfizer.
She has (as of Easter Sunday) a bad rash on her arm that was injected from the 1st shot.
Now, she is sick as a dog & in pain in all her joints.

Mom got her 2nd shot of Moderna and had nothing.

It's so weird how this affects each person differently.

My 2nd shot isn't until the 30th

Best wishes to everyone that feels bad after their shot(s)

I am now going with Moderna and this is my worry. I have had reactions to vaccines when I was younger. The Hep B vaccine almost put me in the hospital, but we will see.

Both Pfizer shots--sore arm, aches in joints, chills for two days. I know people who had far worse reactions, but totally gone in 48 hours.

So proud of my son, 32, a total bigtime fainter with shots since he was little. He manned up and got the J&J (without even a word to me)--he fainted, of course, but they took good care of him in the hospital where he got the shot. Zero side effects.

Just got the Pfizer first dose on Saturday. Had a sore arm, a very very slight fever 99.8, but that was it. Not bad at all.

I'm sure the assumption is that people's confidence should improve with how seriously they're looking into these rare side effects, but I can't see that happening. Maybe someone with more public health knowledge than I have can tell me I'm wrong, but it seems to me that pausing and making a huge story about something that has a literal one in a million chance of happening isn't in the best interests of safety at all. It's just going to increase vaccine hesitancy and lead to far more deaths in the short and long runs.

And to chime in on my experience, I had a bit of a sore arm from Pfizer #1 and nothing else. Very similar to a flu shot. Pfizer #2 coming tomorrow morning :D

I had my Pfizer #2 last Wednesday. In addition to a sore arm I had a slight headache the next day and for two days I felt tired. Other than that, no problems.

24 hours post first Moderna. Feels like I got punched in the arm. No other side effects. Took down all the pegboard in the garage last night and walked the dogs without issue.

Both 1st and 2nd shot of Moderna, nothing to report other than a sore shoulder both times. 1st shot shoulder sore for 4-5 days, 2nd shot sore shoulder only 2 days.

With 6 women out of several million. One question I ask is if I had any bucket of 4 million women how many would be diagnosed with blood clots in 2 weeks period. Is 6 way more than expected?

At Humana we have to do this all the time with new drugs that hit the market. A new drug comes out that costs several times more than current drugs that do the same thing. They will say things like "Only 1% of your members using this have been hospitalized for their condition since starting this drug." We will say yes, but only 1% of people with this condition taking any drug are being hospitalized in that time frame. Why should we pay through the nose for your drug?

A full 24 hour since my 2nd Pfizer dose. I now have a slight headache and a general achy body. I woke up still this morning and was thinking it was due to the dosages of my arthritis medicaion being cut. I went out to play this afternoon and just start dragging down as the round went on. Bailed out around 12 when my legs got so achy it was impacting my swing. I'm definitely feeling like I need a nap.

I was playing golf with my father and two random people. Both had their vaccine shots with no side effects.

At this point, I don't know a person that hasn't received the 1st dose shot that wanted to.

However, I also happen to know a person that received the Johnson and Johnson dose and still got Covid after the two-week period from the time of the dose.

Update since this morning: My superpowers I think have slowly started to develop. A cat walked up to me out of nowhere and meowed at me. I stared at it told it to go away, and it turned around and left. I may have some ability to speak to animals. Still a work in progress that will require more testing. Child also left her little sit on car in the living room. It was in my way, so I picked it up and moved it. Superhuman strength? We shall see.

After a 2hr nap that my body deemed necessary, the only negative is that my injection spot hurts a bit. No fever, no other aches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back