Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m more than 2 weeks out from my 2nd shot so it shouldn’t be related but lately I’ve been SO tired. I don’t usually sleep much but lately I’ve been putting away the Zs. Can’t help but wonder...

Pfizer. The first night I got a little soreness in the arm, but it was gone by morning. Second shot - absolutely nothing.

Got 2nd Pfizer shot on Friday. As I mentioned earlier in this thread yesterday had aches, sore arm, fatigue, slight fever etc. etc. Then late last night I remembered the woman giving the shot told me to drink plenty of water to minimize side effects. I don't know how or why but drinking water was like drinking a magic potion haha. After a couple bottles of water it all went away rather quickly. Today I feel good with no side effects.

If you're having side effects fill your water bottle and drink up!

Getting moderna #2 today. Plan is to hydrate like a madman, hopefully work the rest of the afternoon, and pass out after mowing the grass tonight.

Got 2nd Moderna on Friday after moving all week. 6 hours after shot felt a little achy and had a headache. By 12 hours I was incredibly achy, could barely flex my hands and generally felt like ass. By 18 hours later I took some Ibuprofen and started to improve. By 24 hours I was back to 100%.

I hope everyone does well with their shots. Looking forward to getting past this jerk of a virus.

i got pfizer, about 18 hours after i had chills, had a slight fever a couple hours after. took ibuprofen and felt better a hour or so after that.

Well I’m 10 hours post Moderna #2. Feels like I got punched in the arm, but I mowed and edged tonight and feel fine. Hopefully I wake up to my alarm in the morning and can say the same.

Moderna #2 is currently kicking my butt. Fever, headache, and it feels like someone just punched me all over while I slept. I will find that sleep assaulter!

J&J shot yesterday. I am just shy of 24 hours in. Minor shoulder soreness, typical of every shot I get. No other side effects yet.

I get my 2nd Moderna this Friday I will reply back, but with the first one I just felt like a had a charlie horse in my arm for a day or so.

Received my 1st Pfizer vaccine Saturday am and have had some shoulder sorenes and discomfort in my armpit from what I think is a lymph node. Both are getting better. Possibly slight fever around the 36 hour mark but overall have felt fine.
I did have a reaction to the shot 8-10 minutes after I received it but by the 15 minute mark I was good, that was odd.

55. Had my 1st shot of Pfizer 3 weeks ago. Nothing but a sore arm. Had my second yesterday morning. Sore arm started overnight and a little muscle fatigue for sure.

I would love to have seen blood type listed here. I'm B+, my motto in life.

Moderna #2 knocked me out for an entire day after getting it at noon the previous day and feeling fine. Woke up this morning feeling much better, but still a bit sore and stiff.

55. Had covid in early Feb. had it pretty bad, but not hospitalized. I was told to wait 3 mos for the vaccine by multiple doctors(who are also friends) and i confirmed that again before getting my first shot of Moderna yesterday. At bedtime last night, felt great. however, since 130am, i feel like I’ve been beaten up in my sleep. Ahhhh the fond memories of covid. 😒 Hoping this goes away in a day.

Last edited:
45 - Moderna for me

1st shot, nothing really. A little soreness at the injection site

I was honestly a little terrified of the second one, based on my history with cold/flu. My wife and inevitability get each other sick every couple/few years. Last time it was her first with the flu. She got it pretty good, but she’s a trooper, didn’t miss work although she did get an IV one day on shift. She’s in medicine and it wasn’t because she went to a doctor per se, they have access to it and she had a colleague do it). I got it afterwards and was a complete mess, 103+ fever for three days, just curled up in a ball shivering most of the day and night. Fever broke once and I thought I was out of the woods, only it came back worse for another day or so.

Anyhow, got my second shot yesterday. Took two Tylenol immediately after and two more before bed. Felt a very slight chill for a couple hours before bed, not enough to make me check my temp. Was completely expecting to wake up in the middle of the night in full blown sweats. Never happened. Woke up feeling fine. If there’s any effect at all it’s so minor I can’t say for sure. Just another day.

If anything changes I’ll update, but from what I have heard/read, if you’re gonna have side effects they would normally present by now. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope you’re feeling better now. Got my first shot yesterday and it’s pretty miserable today.
Yup, the second day fever and headache are gone. Still a bit achy though.

Got first Pfizer yesterday, felt fine last night, today feel awful, brutal headache, muscle aches and fever. Feel worse right now than when I had covid, but should get better soon. Others have told me if you had covid first shot is worse than second?

the second dose kicked my arse!!! I had every symptom known to man for a 24 hr period.

When I got the 1st Moderna shot, just had a shore shoulder area for 36 hours or so. On the 2nd shot, the same shoulder soreness, a slight headache and just a blah feeling for a day.. Honestly reminded me of the blahs a day after drinking too much gin. lol

Got my 2nd shot today. This dude was a lot less graceful than the girl last time. He took the needle deep and let it sit a lot longer :(

Got first Pfizer yesterday, felt fine last night, today feel awful, brutal headache, muscle aches and fever. Feel worse right now than when I had covid, but should get better soon. Others have told me if you had covid first shot is worse than second?

Had covid and it wasn't pleasant in March 2020. Got my first Pfizer shot in March 2021. Had low grade fever, flu like symptoms and bad sore arm. Lasted a few days too. Second shot was milder. Lesser of a sore arm and that's about it. I was expecting to get my ass kicked and it wasn't bad at all.

About 6 hours in and I feel exhausted, very tired very blah.

Walmart, Sam’s Club, Costco and Trader Joe’s have all lifted their mask policy for fully vaccinated people. As of right now they have not said anything about asking for proof, so just honor system.

My arm hurt a little at the injection site a couple days. Worse than a tetanus shot, but not as bad as a shingles shot.

Made my wife sick later each evening (we got both shots about 9:30 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back