Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't comment on your country guidelines, but here in the UK it is only healthcare workers, people over 50, or people under 50 who have an underlying health condition

So unless you fall into one of those groups, you wouldn't be eligible by our guidelines
I’m pretty sure we’re in the same phase right now.

Wish they would show more flexibility as I live with a doc who sees COVID patients. Apparently that’s not high enough risk for them :rolleyes:
I get it. What about calling your pcp and seeing if they can get you set up and scheduled for one.

Based upon what I do and where I do it, I tend to have a different healthcare experience than most people - I learn that it's not exactly as easy as what I can just get.

Got my compliancy shot yesterday.
I got the Janssen shot and today I've got a fever, headache, and just overall achiness.

Hopefully, this pleases the OSHA overlords for a little while longer.

Worth noting. What we are capturing here are mostly immediate reactions that have external symptoms. There are short and long term effects like prolonged heart inflammation, blood clots, and even death that won't be captured in a discussion like this.

Had the booster of Moderna yesterday, was great for the day, last night I felt dehydrated, some arm soreness, a little out of it and now I am fine this am. Overall, much easier than the first two shots. I'm ready for the family get together for Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
I drank a lot of water before and after each shot. I think it helps reduce side effects.
Took a couple of Motrin afterwards. No issues other than some fatigue on the booster for a day or two.

First Shot - sore in shot spot, Second Shot - 2 days of fatigue, Booster - sore in shot spot, some fatigue.

Last edited:
I am not eligible for the booster, correct? 31, no other conditions, just work in an office?
I think everyone over 18 who is at least 6 months from original is eligible.

Update on my Moderna booster from Thursday. Other than the usual arm soreness I have not had any noticeable side effects.

Very minor arm pain after the second shot for less than a day.

I have had a constant ringing in my ears. Other than feeling lethargic for 2 days the ringing is my only complaint.
NO I didn't have this issue prior to the shot.

Got a Moderna booster for my J&J yesterday. Sore arm at injection site and that's all.

Had both shots in Feb/Mar 21. Both times felt bad for 24 hours, headache, tired, injection site pain. Was getting ready to get my booster but picked up COVID during a business trip (a week before scheduled booster). My wife said it was a cold, and to check my mangina. Symptoms started on Wednesday, she said it was a head cold; had a golf lesson on Friday (luckily the instructor didn't catch it); played golf Saturday and Sunday (even though I felt like ****, again wife said, your fine and do I need vagasil). Now she has it and sounds like a WV Coalminer. Luckily both of us were vaccinated, because I think it would have been very rough if we weren't vaccinated. Now she feels bad telling me my mangina hurt and forcing me to do labor around the house (until she got sick). My advice, get the shot, the side effects are worth it. BTW, I shot pretty good with the funk.

Had both shots in Feb/Mar 21. Both times felt bad for 24 hours, headache, tired, injection site pain. Was getting ready to get my booster but picked up COVID during a business trip (a week before scheduled booster). My wife said it was a cold, and to check my mangina. Symptoms started on Wednesday, she said it was a head cold; had a golf lesson on Friday (luckily the instructor didn't catch it); played golf Saturday and Sunday (even though I felt like ****, again wife said, your fine and do I need vagasil). Now she has it and sounds like a WV Coalminer. Luckily both of us were vaccinated, because I think it would have been very rough if we weren't vaccinated. Now she feels bad telling me my mangina hurt and forcing me to do labor around the house (until she got sick). My advice, get the shot, the side effects are worth it. BTW, I shot pretty good with the funk.
There is a lesson here. If you get a fever, stay home and get tested ASAP. A fever is the most consistent symptom for COVID infections according to the CDC. Yes, it could be many other things, but since most of us are not doctors, we should get it checked out and assume we are infectious. I could see the regret in Rob's account of this that he exposed his wife and golf instructor. Most of us obviously do not want to do that and out family members are the most prone to being infected. A recently published study found that the chances of other vaccinated family members being infected is 25%. Unvaccinated family members 38%.

Also generally speaking, the longer you wait to get diagnosed, the worse the illness and outcome. There are some wonderful therapeutics for treating COVID now, but most require early detection and treatment for the best outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back