Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orchard53

Reaction score
Just a thread to share what side effects you encountered, if any. Not how you feel about the politics of this whole mess.

Mine - Moderna vaccine, I'm 68 and work at dental office.

First shot - Got it on a Thursday, sore arm. Friday night tender enough I couldn't sleep on on it. Saturday back to normal.

Second shot - Thursday morning. Thursday evening arm sore, not feeling great. Thursday night - temperature of 101, but not sweaty. If I had not checked it I would not have known.
Friday temperature stayed around 100, back to normal Friday night. HR was about 10-15 beats above normal from Thursday evening to Saturday morning. Saturday evening I noticed 1" bruise at shot site, but by Sunday evening almost gone.

Age 49, Moderna
First one, my arm was pretty sore, but I could still use it. About 24 hours later I pretty much felt like crap - muscle aches, fatigue, and general malaise. Then 12 hours after that, it was like flipping a switch and I was fine. Second shot was pretty much the same, but I didn't feel nearly as bad, just tired. Anecdotally, from the people at my work, there seems to be an inverse relationship between side effects and age, especially for the second dose. The people in their 50s are mostly fine, those in their 20s and 30s get knocked on their butt and have to call in sick. And the ones in their 40s like me are kind of in the middle.

Wife had no side effects. 29. Pfizer. Made sure to hydrate and did an arm workout day of.

Pfizer
Jan 20 - Bit of a sore arm but didn't affect me. No other symptoms.
Feb 10 - Sore arm, had a hard time sleeping on it, gone the next day. Again, no other symptoms.
It's going on 2 weeks since the 2nd dose and no symptoms to speak of.

delete. Forgot where I was.

I’m 56 and have had both doses of the Pfizer vaccine. Nothing to speak of after the first but felt kinda cruddy - headaches, body aches and low grade fever - for about 30 hours or so after the second.

Lets give it another go for awhile 👍

36, pfizer
1st dose, sore arm, mild headache/fatigue for 2 days.
2nd dose, sore arm, nothing else noticed.

64 Pfizer. 1st dose today. Sore arm is all so far. 2nd scheduled for March 14.

65 yrs. First Shot - Feb 4, Pfizer. Sore upper arm the morning after, legs cramps that night. Both effects disappeared after first day. Did not grow a third arm, so I guess it's okay.

Second Dose - Coming up this Thursday.

For Prep - lots of water the day before, avoiding alcohol for two days before, light meal the night before, lots of sleep, not taking any Tylenol or aspirin before.

After the second dose will take aspirin or Tylenol.

69 yrs old.1st shot Moderna.. arm real sore the next day better the 2nd day ,played golf third day.2nd dose on March 6.

Wife (75) got her 1st Pfizer on February 5th and is scheduled for her second this Friday (26th). Her arm was tender to the touch at the injection site for a day or two but she had no other side effects. I get my 1st injection tomorrow at the same location but I don't know which vaccine I'll be given until I get there.

65 yrs. First Shot - Feb 4, Pfizer. Sore upper arm the morning after, legs cramps that night. Both effects disappeared after first day. Did not grow a third arm, so I guess it's okay.

Second Dose - Coming up this Thursday.

For Prep - lots of water the day before, avoiding alcohol for two days before, light meal the night before, lots of sleep, not taking any Tylenol or aspirin before.

After the second dose will take aspirin or Tylenol.

Where you live seems better organized than MA. I am 65 and getting my first shot on March 1st, and have to drive all the way to Gillette Studio for it.

These all sound like same effects you get from the two Shingles vaccine shots.

49, 1st Dose of Moderna in January, about 12 hours later mild fever, and back and knee aches, went to bed woke up with a sore arm feeling fine (weird thing is back ache and joint pain is the symptoms I had when I had covid about 9 months prior).
2nd Dose two days ago, only a sore arm and felt a little tired but that was it. My Whoop band had poor recoveries the night of the shot and last night even though I have good sleep numbers.

Where you live seems better organized than MA. I am 65 and getting my first shot on March 1st, and have to drive all the way to Gillette Studio for it.

They use Texas Motor Speedway between Dallas and Ft Worth as a super vaccine center - you stay in the car and keep on rolling, stopping only for a moment to answer a question, or hand back a paper, get the shot and then get in the after-shot lane where you wait for 15 minutes.

In and out in 30 minutes.

They use Texas Motor Speedway between Dallas and Ft Worth as a super vaccine center - you stay in the car and keep on rolling, stopping only for a moment to answer a question, or hand back a paper, get the shot and then get in the after-shot lane where you wait for 15 minutes.

In and out in 30 minutes.

Nice and efficient. Maybe I should move to TX, lol.

Nice and efficient. Maybe I should move to TX, lol.

Like all state government, it needs improvement, like supervising the free market electric grid after we came within minutes of it breaking down for months. Can you imagine? Texas without power for months - wow.

But I did appreciate the mega-vaccine center.

Like all state government, it needs improvement, like supervising the free market electric grid after we came within minutes of it breaking down for months. Can you imagine? Texas without power for months - wow.

But I did appreciate the mega-vaccine center.
Yeah, imagining Texas without power is like imagining Boston without the Red Sox, lol.

My wife's mom, age 76, has had both Moderna shots. She had a slightly sore arm for a few days after the first shot and the same with a little tiredness for just one day after the second shot: no fever or other symptoms.

One of my buddies age 67 had the first Moderna shot last week and his only symptom was a sore arm but he said it was much less than the shingles shot.

After the second shingles shot, I felt like Mike Tyson had a 30 yard running start and a crow hop before he pulverized my shoulder. The entire left side of my body hurt.

Soreness at injection site. That's it.

Both the wife and I have had both shots (Moderna). Very little after effects. A little arm soreness, especially after the 2nd dose, but not a big deal. Hope the stuff works better than the usual flu shot.

Funny you say that, I got my first shingles shot this morning, 6 days after turning 50.

Wife, GenX (not gonna post her age), Pfizer. No side effects from either shot. She really hydrated like crazy before the 2nd shot, as she had heard the horror stories of 2nd shot side effects.

1st dose, sore arm at injection point 2 days after injection. Waiting to get the 2nd dose. Should be this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back