Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had it but my wife and son have because of their jobs. Both really no reaction from the first shot other than maybe a little arm soreness.

Son on second shot no arm soreness, a little tired and headache - he's 18

My wife second shot woke up next day with slight fever and was very tired so slept much of the day.

After the second shingles shot, I felt like Mike Tyson had a 30 yard running start and a crow hop before he pulverized my shoulder. The entire left side of my body hurt.

I was the opposite. First one I wanted to cry Momma and second one nothing.

I am a public health provider who has personally had one shot and given out dozens of Moderna and on first round no major issues; and next week 2nd round where some do feel sicker due a larger immune response will start so will be interesting but expect will be ok.

I'm 71 and my wife is 72. We just got the first vaccine injection a bout two weeks ago. It was the Moderna vaccine. I had a sore arm within 2-3 hrs. of the injection and it got quite uncomfortable 7-8 hrs. after. I also developed body aches in most of my joints. I had a hard time falling asleep laying on that side. By morning I was much better and by late morning I was back to normal. My wife didn't notice any soreness until the morning after receiving the injection and just suffered a very minor arm pain. I've since discovered that it may be because of our blood types. I'm A+ and she is O-. Studies seem to indicate that type A blood types have more pain than most and type O blood types have the least.

I'm 71 and my wife is 72. We just got the first vaccine injection a bout two weeks ago. It was the Moderna vaccine. I had a sore arm within 2-3 hrs. of the injection and it got quite uncomfortable 7-8 hrs. after. I also developed body aches in most of my joints. I had a hard time falling asleep laying on that side. By morning I was much better and by late morning I was back to normal. My wife didn't notice any soreness until the morning after receiving the injection and just suffered a very minor arm pain. I've since discovered that it may be because of our blood types. I'm A+ and she is O-. Studies seem to indicate that type A blood types have more pain than most and type O blood types have the least.
Interesting, I'm also A+. But the shingles vaccination was no different than a flu shot for me.

Age - over 65
1st Moderna shot Feb 16 - slight sore arm the next day
Second shot scheduled for March 16
Had to drive over 75 miles to find and open appointment

As an immunizer (I personally haven’t taken it, I’m not for or against, but there literally have been ZERO patients that took the medicine I just took (experimental) for 2 years and had my condition that’s had the vaccine. I’m not raising my hand again (note the 2 year comment above) to be the crash test dumba**.

I’ve only been supplied with the Pfizer vaccine. Lovely paying $300 every 5 days for dry ice as you literally can’t keep it at temp without it. Multiply that by my company and it’s $27,000 a week that we hope to be reimbursed for but so far no one’s confirming that. Above my pay grade, but damn it sucks to pay $300 bucks and to waste 2 days worth because the vaccine hasn’t been delivered.

Our system has a weird glitch in it too. It just calculates bad and since someone somewhere else is scheduling the appointments, they stop even when we have plenty for the day.

It’s been a typical clusterflop that’s not gotten better. At least my site only has one vaccine to juggle around so far. It’s a giant PITA managing 2 separate vaccines for first and second dosing (don’t read that as someone getting one of each, but some of our sites have to manage which version to give who). Since we are well into second dosing it’s made it great to only have the one. Tomorrow will probably change that since I dared think it.

I’m speaking off the record of being an employee that gives C19 Vaccines. We have absolutely used it to give friends and family that want it first choice. But not as anything more than we neeed someone to come in because 2 appointments didn’t show and we have to use these two doses. You thaw a vial (6-7 doses) and you have 6 hours. I told my friends and family that if they were willing to get there within 30 minutes at anytime, and they wanted it, let me know. But don’t speak of it. Few know my company and I’ll keep it that way.

Anyways, 90% of those have had an immune response to either the first or second dose. Some have had one to both, some didn’t have one. Generally it was 12 hours after a dose and lasted about 12 hours. Most just felt crappy. There have been several people hospitalized with more severe symptoms. Generally I’ve seen this with 2nd dose Moderna patients more than first. The one that shocked me was a young med student, certainly in touch with her body, that was. For all I know she came down with actual Covid, but it was 5 days after her 2nd vaccine and she’d been sick the past 5 days.

I’m giving general anecdotes about specific situations that I’ve personally witnessed. That said my team (is worn TF out) has vaccinated thousands from my site alone. It’s not often we hear about negative side effects outside of 12 hours of feeling like crap and a sore arm.

Those are the extreme cases out of literally thousands once we get into off site clinics.

Had my first Pfizer last week, and apart from a tender arm, no issues.

I have been told it will give me an extra ten yards off the tee, but I am not sure.

Age - over 65
1st Moderna shot Feb 16 - slight sore arm the next day
Second shot scheduled for March 16
Had to drive over 75 miles to find and open appointment

Yeah, I have to drive quite a ways for my first shot on March 1st...don't quite understand why.

It is encouraging that a lot of folks are able to get the vaccine. Missouri appears to be in the dark ages with the rollout and the vaccine is in short supply in the main population centers. Hopefully that can be rectified and we can move on.

Funny you say that, I got my first shingles shot this morning, 6 days after turning 50.

I had my first Shingrix shot last July and the second one last fall. I had nothing with the first shot and a very slight sore arm for a day with the second dose. My wife actually got a fever and flu like symptoms from her first Shingrix shot and had to stay home from work.

Pfizer age 35.
First shot was sore arm 12 hours after injection. 24 hours after injection I felt very fatigued.

2nd shot sore arm 10 hours after. 24 hours later headaches and soreness between my shoulders. I felt pretty crappy for 6-8 hours. My sleep was never affected.

Approx. two weeks later experienced strange eye pain, twitching, fluttering that lasted for less then 24 hours.

I would get it again without question.

I had my first Shingrix shot last July and the second one last fall. I had nothing with the first shot and a very slight sore arm for a day with the second dose. My wife actually got a fever and flu like symptoms from her first Shingrix shot and had to stay home from work.

Just a sore arm yesterday, but I did move it around a lot more like they suggested. Today, post 2 days, it's tender but not sore like yesterday.

65, Pfizer about a week ago. Fresno County seems to be on top of it. Filled out a health department questionaire, and they called us a couple weeks later to schedule at the Fresno Fairgrounds. Drove right up, walked up to the receptionist, signed the papers, then right up to the "Injectionist." Longest wait was the 15 minutes they keep you there for monitoring. In and out in 20 minutes. Sore arm for a couple days. That's it. Wife was kinda tired the first day.

Interesting to see what some of the ingredients were when reading the leaflet they give you. One was "Antifreeze." (Ethylene Glycol). Another is what they use for lethal injections for executions in some states. Potassium Chloride. But to be fair, it is also used to treat low potassium levels. They probably pump in about a quart for a lethal injection!

Personally haven’t gotten it, and don’t plan to unless I HAVE to.

My dad, 74, received his 2nd shot and feels great. Only dislike was the soreness in his arm a few days after each shot. All good.

Pfizer. Sore arm the evening after each shot. Gone after 24 hours first one, after 48 hours for the second. Wife, the same.

Wife (31) has had both doses of the Pfizer vaccine. First dose was on 1/7 and she had a sore arm for ~8 hours but nothing else. For the 2nd dose (1/28) she experienced a 24-hour period of chills and lower back soreness about 18 hours after dose administration. This was similar to the rest of the coworkers who received the vaccine, although workers who had already had COVID reported more severe chills/aches and for a longer duration.

One strange thing is that my wife has experienced a spotty rash since the 2nd dose. She's experienced patches of red, raised skin migrating across her body. One day she might have patches on her ribs, the next day they're on her thigh too, and a day later the ribs are clear and there are patches on her shoulder. I told her it's probably MRSA and she didn't appreciate the humor. She has a teledoc appointment today and we assume she is going to be given steroids to treat the rash.

I had the Pfizer first dose no issues what so ever, no even a sore arm...same with my wife
The second dose of the Pfizer, first 8 hours was a breeze, then it hit both of us, low grade, and the general blahs for 2 days, then after that nothing.

Had Pfizer jab and nothing more than a sore arm for maybe 36 hours at the site of injection

Curious, why wouldn't you?
Fair question.

I'm not taking something that isn't required and still doesn't prevent you from getting COVID. I feel I have a strong immune system. I've known 5 people who have gotten COVID, and while the side effects were pretty bad for each of them; vomiting, aches, fatigue, chills. Each of them have gotten thru it and were fine after 2-4 days.

If I get it I get it and I'll deal with the recovery.

My wife and I have had both doses of the Pfizer vaccine . I'm 71. She is 69. Neither of us had any problems other than a slightly sore arm. No worse than a flu shot

getting my second Tomorrow, I 'll lets you know

If you have adverse events, you should report them to the associated Pharma company.

Pfizer for example:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back