Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife had her first shot (Moderna) on Monday. She experienced a slight headache and fatigue yesterday. I'm set for my second (Pfizer) on April 7.

I get my 1st shot tomorrow (Pfizer) at the VA hospital. I will let you all know how that goes. The post shot unexpected....lol My Wife has me drinking a lot of water today.

On another note, my Wife being a retired nurse has noticed on some news casts the different locations in the people's arms these shots are being given. I guess different locations will become more sore than others. She had the Pfizer shots, with very little post shot soreness. Very mild reaction.

Moderna shot #1 a few hours ago.

So far just a sore arm and feeling a smidge tired (but I'm always tired)...

Just got the J&J one in Hagerstown, MD. It’s a well-oiled machine and I was there minutes before the shot, no wait time and was impressed with the logistics. Can’t recommend it enough to any Maryland THPers!!

Now the fun part of seeing what side effects occur tonight!

Just completed my second dose of Pfizer...no side effects so far...I can tell that I have had a vaccine but that's it. The first dose I had a sore arm until early the next morning. The young Soldier who gave me the dose this afternoon told me I could possibly see more side effects...we'll have to wait and see.

Update: No adverse side effects from dose #2...woke up fine this morning. Slight sore arm.

Last edited:
1st Pfizer shot made me feel like I had he flu the day after and I ran a low grade fever for 2 days with the aches. 2nd shot made me a little tired the next day but that was it. My wife had 0 reaction to either shot.

1st Pfizer shot almost 2 weeks ago

arm soreness, much like a bad tetanus shot. Hurt to raise or extend my arm for about 2 days. other than that, a slight tiredness and feeling spaced out for a couple days. Nothing significant but mildly noticeable.

Had my 1st Pfizer shot this morning. Arm is only slightly sore but I assume it will get a little worse

1st shot of Pfizer this morning. Arm soreness setting in but feel fine otherwise.

I had the first shot of AstraZeneca yesterday morning. During the night I got the chills with back pain and leg pains and a dull headache. Fukkinnel, I had a sh!t night. I'm OK today.

Just got the J&J one in Hagerstown, MD. It’s a well-oiled machine and I was there minutes before the shot, no wait time and was impressed with the logistics. Can’t recommend it enough to any Maryland THPers!!

Now the fun part of seeing what side effects occur tonight!

Which location? Was it hard to find a time?

Which location? Was it hard to find a time?

They had a spot set up at the premium outlets which I found through Maryland’s mass clinics website. Had to look frequently starting Tuesday when I was first eligible but eventually my wife found a time right when I woke up Wednesday morning.

49, first Pfizer shot on Monday. Slightly sore arm. Worst part was taking the bandaid off, so pretty fortunate. Drank plenty of water the day of and day before. Not sure if that helped but I will do the same for dose #2.

Just a thread to share what side effects you encountered, if any. Not how you feel about the politics of this whole mess.

Mine - Moderna vaccine, I'm 68 and work at dental office.

First shot - Got it on a Thursday, sore arm. Friday night tender enough I couldn't sleep on on it. Saturday back to normal.

Second shot - Thursday morning. Thursday evening arm sore, not feeling great. Thursday night - temperature of 101, but not sweaty. If I had not checked it I would not have known.
Friday temperature stayed around 100, back to normal Friday night. HR was about 10-15 beats above normal from Thursday evening to Saturday morning. Saturday evening I noticed 1" bruise at shot site, but by Sunday evening almost gone.
Got my 1st dose of the Pfizer on Tuesday and the only side effect I had was my arm being sore at the injection site later that day.

43, had the J&J shot last Thursday, just a little arm soreness and I think I had a bit of a chill for a couple hours. Otherwise it went well.

Received my 1st Pfizer shot at 7am this morning. Didn't feel the needle at all. Waited the required 15 minutes before leaving the shot area.

Was on the first tee at 8:15am for 9 holes feeling fine. Finished up at 9:45am, still feeling fine. Shot a 42.

Guess the rough stuff will show up later. Maybe not. 2nd shot scheduled for 4/22 a 7am.

Reading the paperwork was pretty interesting. I couldn't believe all the different stuff that makes up this vaccine. The shot is unapproved worldwide. The side effects list is pretty long. Plus, their are no guarantees of any kind. Just high % success rate.

At the very end, there's a phone number to call, if after getting the shot, I should wind up in the hospital. The number is for help with paying the medical bills.

I got my first shot of Moderna yesterday at noon. No side effects so far other than a bit of a sore shoulder.
The Mrs got her first shot on Tuesday morning and by late afternoon she was a bit nauseous and a sore shoulder.
Her nausea was gone by 10pm but the shoulder continued to hurt for another day.

Everyone I have talked to that had worse side effects from Moderna was after the 2nd shot. My 2nd shot is scheduled for April 28.

Just got my second shot yesterday.....Today I have the normal sore shoulder, but I also have body aches, joint pain, and chills. Tylenol has lessened the symptoms though. So nothing big.

I got my first shot of Moderna yesterday at noon. No side effects so far other than a bit of a sore shoulder.
The Mrs got her first shot on Tuesday morning and by late afternoon she was a bit nauseous and a sore shoulder.
Her nausea was gone by 10pm but the shoulder continued to hurt for another day.

Everyone I have talked to that had worse side effects from Moderna was after the 2nd shot. My 2nd shot is scheduled for April 28.
This is what has me nervous. I have a tournament I’m playing in 2 days after my second dose of Moderna. Hopefully it’s not too bad.

My wife’s had her second pfizer yesterday and only side effect was a sore arm. However this morning she woke up with a fever, shivering and aching all over to the paint she says her skin hurts. Hopefully will be a 24hr side effect and after a good nights sleep will be fine. As she works in the NHS in the UK they do think that the side effects in the second jab effects younger people worse than older people due to them having a much better immune system.

I joined the club today.

J and J

About 4 hours ago. Was well hydrated, as always. Took 2 naproxen at home.

Slight discomfort at needle site. Slight headache.

Morning after update. No pain in arm, very slight headache. If I hadn't had the shot if not even be thinking about it.

Last edited:
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. After 23 hours from receiving my Pfizer 1st shot, I have no issues. Nothing. It's like I never received the shot in the first place.

The only discomfort I had was when removing the band aid. The VA must use Gorilla Glue on their brand of choice.

This is what has me nervous. I have a tournament I’m playing in 2 days after my second dose of Moderna. Hopefully it’s not too bad.

My shoulder is still sore since the shot on Wednesday. Hope you're not affected for your tournament. Good luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back