Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CA is still only 50+, but my county opened to 30+ and I got an appointment for a Moderna shot next week. Cant wait to get going! My fam has all got the Moderna and handled it well, only my dad got the 2nd and it whipped him good. Wife got the J&J and she was a little off for a day but otherwise good. To good health!

Pfizer round 1 = nothing... No soreness or stiffness in arm shoulder, worked out today and didn't have any issues with fatigue or stiff/soreness... Feel fine

Rd. 2 update will tell tale.

57, 1st Pfizer this morning. Sore arm after about 8 hours, put an ice pack on it, that reduced the soreness. Not other reaction 14 hours later.

Had J&J, really bad fever for 12 hours. Not a fun night. At least it is one and done.

40. Had the Pfizer shot this morning. Played 18 afterwards. It's about 10 hours later now. Can feel the arm stiffness, but so far it's not too bad. No other symptoms as of yet.

Had 2nd Moderna Thursday and really nothing at all but a lump and sore area where the shot was given. Still a little sore, but getting a lot better now and no other side effects.

I had the second Pfizer dose yesterday. Woke up with a sore arm this morning, but no other side effects. Let’s hope it stays that way.

68.... 1st shot Mar 31. Moderna. My shoulder got sore overnight. Woke me up around 6 am. Went back to sleep around 7. Went to the driving range in the afternoon.

First Moderna shot I had no problem with went to the driving range that afternoon. Second shot Thirsday was fine for about eight hours then got really bad chills and joint soreness. Starting feeling better next day was back to normal late afternoon.

I had the first Pfizer shot Tuesday. Nothing but a sore arm and it wasn't bad

Just got the J&J one in Hagerstown, MD. It’s a well-oiled machine and I was there minutes before the shot, no wait time and was impressed with the logistics. Can’t recommend it enough to any Maryland THPers!!

Now the fun part of seeing what side effects occur tonight!
The place where I went had the National Guard doing it. They did a stand up job. Pulled in line, got registered, was sent to a 2nd line where a guy came and gave me the shot, they stuck a time on my windshield with a post it note and told me to go to another line. When my watch hit the time they came and checked on me and sent me home. In and out in 20 minutes while I did a conference call for work LOL!

I got the J and J yesterday morning at the county mass vac site. The only thing I've had so far was feeling slightly woolly in the head a few hours later.

60, got the first Moderna on 3/5. Sore arm for a day or two but no other symptoms.

Got the second one this Friday, 4/2 11:20 a.m. Sore arm again but woke up feeling fine. At the 22Hr mark, 9:00a.m. yesterday, flu symptoms swept over me rapidly and for the next 8 hrs I was a dish rag with no energy. No fever but I couldn't get off the couch...watched the ladies at Augusta all day.

Then, beginning at 4:00p.m. like a light switch, within 20 minutes I went right back to feeling fine. Went for a motorcycle ride, took the dog for a rip in the woods and then cracked a beer!

Weird.

Just some significant soreness and lethargy after the second one on Friday. Oh, and the night sweats hahaha

24 hours later. Arm is almost back to normal. No other noticeable symptoms with the first shot

I had my first dose yesterday. I had Pfizer as well. I have a sore arm this morning.

64; got my first shot last Wednesday (Pfizer) fairly late in the afternoon. My are felt stiff that night, then a bit sore in the morning. I also woke up with a mild headache. Next shot is on 4/21.

Wife had her second dose of Phizer Thursday afternoon around 1pm and middle of the night she woke up in the cold sweats and was running a fever. Fever went away, but she had body aches and felt like she had been run over a truck until Friday evening and when she woke up Saturday morning she felt fine. She is 36, almost 37.

Had my first dose of Pfizer yesterday morning. Had a sore arm yesterday and still a bit sore today, but that's it. Definitely more sore than a flu shot.

On Friday I had my first shot: Moderna. I wanted the J&J but was hard to find.
Injection site soreness through Sunday, bruising on the injection sight. I don't bruise easily.
This is what normal occurs when I get a shot.
I was tired the rest of the day, sleepy like.
Wife was the same. we are in our mid 40s

My sister in law got Pfizer, felt ill for about 36 hours & got a bad rash on her arm. Saw it yesterday and it's been 17 days for her.

I dread the 2nd shot of Moderna. Most of my friend felt like crap with major sweats for 36-48hrs.
Last time I had the flu was March 2017 (other sister in laws wedding) It was the sickest I've been since Kindergarten.
Before this I got the flu in college (Jan 1996).

I hope that b/c I don't get the flu easily (not have gotten the flu shot) that I'll be more Ok that many.

2nd Pfizer yesterday. No issues other than some soreness in the arm at the site of injection.

2nd Pfizer yesterday. Just a sore arm, but still played 18...Ha

Had my 1st dose yesterday evening Moderna. A little soreness in my arm so far. Minor headache but don’t know if it’s due to the vaccine.

First kicked my ass, kinda. Second just bruised and had some night sweats night one.

I have my 2nd Pfiezer shot tomorrow. Side effects will be what keep me on the couch to watch the Masters all weekend. Did I plan that right or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back