Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update since this morning: My superpowers I think have slowly started to develop. A cat walked up to me out of nowhere and meowed at me. I stared at it told it to go away, and it turned around and left. I may have some ability to speak to animals. Still a work in progress that will require more testing. Child also left her little sit on car in the living room. It was in my way, so I picked it up and moved it. Superhuman strength? We shall see.

After a 2hr nap that my body deemed necessary, the only negative is that my injection spot hurts a bit. No fever, no other aches.
having a cat listen to you may be the strongest super power ever known.

Update since this morning: My superpowers I think have slowly started to develop. A cat walked up to me out of nowhere and meowed at me. I stared at it told it to go away, and it turned around and left. I may have some ability to speak to animals. Still a work in progress that will require more testing. Child also left her little sit on car in the living room. It was in my way, so I picked it up and moved it. Superhuman strength? We shall see.

After a 2hr nap that my body deemed necessary, the only negative is that my injection spot hurts a bit. No fever, no other aches.
Just be careful the animals don’t start talking back!

2nd shot tomorrow. Hoping it goes smoothly.

2nd Moderna today. A little burning at the injection site so far.

having a cat listen to you may be the strongest super power ever known.

Well.. I figure I've collected 1 of the 5 companies' Infinity Vaccines. I knock out Moderna, J&J, AstraZeneca, and the mythical GlaxoKlineSmith? Give me all 5 of those, I'll be immune and invincible. It's inevitable.

Last edited:
Last dose on Feb 24 and last week a rash appeared over different parts of the body and you want to itch like heck. I am using a Benadryl cream to stop the itching. Will take an antihistimine to see if that helps. It is weird. Just pops up from one place to another.

Apparently, a rash is a side effect of the vaccine.

Last edited:
I was playing golf with my father and two random people. Both had their vaccine shots with no side effects.

At this point, I don't know a person that hasn't received the 1st dose shot that wanted to.

However, I also happen to know a person that received the Johnson and Johnson dose and still got Covid after the two-week period from the time of the dose.

Out in CA we are about to open eligibility to those 16+ (currently it’s 50+) and there is going to be an absolute rush. I only got one because our county opened it up to 30+ before state guidelines dictated. We’ve had folks driving all over hell and high water trying to find a shot and it’s about to get worse.

The fact that someone still got Covid after vaccination is not surprising. None of them claim 100% effectiveness in preventing illness. Fortunately they have proved near 100% effective in preventing death and very good at preventing serious illness. Just proves the importance of getting everyone vaccinated, gotta reduce the potential for transmission as much as possible!

Guys, we will keep this open to discuss side effects of the vaccine only.

Thank you.

In Indiana, where the age restriction was removed, both my sons got their first shot at College with no side affects.

I have my second dose of Pfizer on Friday.

It has been a mixed bag from what I have seen. My wife REALLY struggled with the second dose a couple of months ago, but I have many friends who had no symptoms. Hoping I fall in the latter category

Wife (29) and both parents (early 60’s) are now all >48 hours post 2nd vaccine with Pfizer. No symptoms for any of them other than sore arm and minor fatigue. Hope I am as lucky! 😬

Go for my second Pfizer tomorrow morning and I honestly have a little trepidation about it seeing how I had such a adverse reaction to the first dose. 🥺

Second dose of Moderna tomorrow afternoon. Hoping it's not too bad. I have a tournament on Saturday morning.

my wife and i both got the shot (Pfizer) about 2 weeks ago. i felt sick the next day and she was fine but now it seems like we are both feeling kinda crappy the last week. you know that feeling when you feel like you're about to get sick. we are both feeling that way. could be coincidence. we get shot #2 in 2 weeks. fingers crossed

my wife and i both got the shot (Pfizer) about 2 weeks ago. i felt sick the next day and she was fine but now it seems like we are both feeling kinda crappy the last week. you know that feeling when you feel like you're about to get sick. we are both feeling that way. could be coincidence. we get shot #2 in 2 weeks. fingers crossed

Hopefully it's just allergies? I don't now how it is near you, but here it's awful right now.

Hopefully it's just allergies? I don't now how it is near you, but here it's awful right now.
i do get sick for about a week after i get the flu shot, so i get me but my wife never gets sick. i'm sure its nothing. either way i'm glad we got it and can't wait to get the 2nd one to protect myself and my family.

I have my second dose of Pfizer on Friday.

It has been a mixed bag from what I have seen. My wife REALLY struggled with the second dose a couple of months ago, but I have many friends who had no symptoms. Hoping I fall in the latter category

#YouGotThis

Our first dose of the Pfizer went OK, our second dose was different. Both fell achy my wife was a little worse, had a low grade fever and just the general blahs. This lasted about 12 hours and after that nothing. Small price to pay....

Well.. I figure I've collected 1 of the 5 companies' Infinity Vaccines. I knock out Moderna, J&J, AstraZeneca, and the mythical GlaxoKlineSmith? Give me all 5 of those, I'll be immune and invincible. It's inevitable.
Guys, we will keep this open to discuss side effects of the vaccine only.

Thank you.
So we will need a separate thread to discuss our super powers? :ROFLMAO:
My apologies, I'll see myself out.

1st dose / Pfizer
Didn’t feel a thing yesterday but the morning after I have the slightest tenderness at the injection sites. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being severe this is a 1. I’ve definitely had worse side effects from flu shots.
It is the day after my second shot. My arm is even less sore than with the first shot. Otherwise zero side effects

Got my 2nd Moderna shot today at 10:30 this morning. Boss kept me pretty busy loading and operating equipment so arm feels pretty loose but a bit sore right now. Hoping I have no more effects than the sore arm.

Had my second Moderna Monday and other than a sore arm after which went away no side effects as of today.I drank a lot of water the day before ( more than I ever have in my life ) and almost as much the day of the shot. Don't know how much it helped but I think it is worth doing because it can't hurt you. Im going to make a point of drinking more water during the course of the day from now on because I've been told by more than one person its good for you.

Now 48 hours past my 2nd shot and the fatigue has passed. I feel pretty much back to normal.

Had my second Moderna Monday and other than a sore arm after which went away no side effects as of today.I drank a lot of water the day before ( more than I ever have in my life ) and almost as much the day of the shot. Don't know how much it helped but I think it is worth doing because it can't hurt you. Im going to make a point of drinking more water during the course of the day from now on because I've been told by more than one person its good for you.

I had the urge to go as I was pulling into the parking lot to get mine. It's all drive through, so you can't get out. There were no portapotties or anything outside, cause why would there be? 90 MINUTES LATER...

I got my second shot (Pfizer) yesterday. Aside from a sore shoulder, I had no other symptoms of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back