Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah for sure. I couldn’t imagine feeling like I did last night/today for 2-3 weeks straight. Hoping I am good by morning for my tournament.
Update. Went to bed last night and woke up feeling fine this morning.

It’s interesting to me that my wife and I had almost no reaction to the Pfizer first shot other than a slightly sore arm but my son and daughter(ages 23 & 21) both had more severe reactions. My daughter actually had a low grade fever.

69 yrs old. 1st Pfizer dose not much to speak about except for slightly sore arm. 2nd dose extremely high temp. of 104 also major chills. Spent the day under a blanket and by the fire. Fever broke over night then had night sweats. Glad I got it but wow never felt like that before.

Mar 31. 1st shot. Moderna. Sore arm about 9 hrs later. Lasted about 4 hrs. Went to the driving range in the afternoon of Apr 1.

According to a virologist I know, the Pfizer and Moderna are identical.

I got my 1st Pfizer shot yesterday. So far just a slightly sore arm. I'm hoping that's all it is as I have enough other medical issues to deal with right now :ROFLMAO:

Had my second Pfizer Thursday and luckily it wasn't as bad as the first. Developed some chill's and could not get warm but, no fever. Felt stiff for about 18 hours but no major pains. :)

2nd shot Pfizer much more of a reaction that the first shot. First shot - nada. 2nd shot - chills and feeling light headed. Got the shot at 4:15 Monday - nothing at night but feeling the symptoms since I woke up today. 49yo of moderate health, or so I think.

Second shot yesterday. I feel like hammered shît today. Body aches and fatigue. No fever. I'll manage.

My son had Covid in December. He had his first shot of Moderna on Saturday and got sick, a higher fever, chills for two days and now he is better. Should someone who had Covid expect an even worse reaction on the second vaccine?

Got my 2nd shot of phizer at noon today. 7 1/2 hours later so far so good. 🤞

My son had Covid in December. He had his first shot of Moderna on Saturday and got sick, a higher fever, chills for two days and now he is better. Should someone who had Covid expect an even worse reaction on the second vaccine?
My first Pfizer I had a similar reaction so bad I went to walk-in care with a 104°fever. Dr. did a blood test and it came back positive so at some point I had had Covid. We discussed the second shot and he recommended I receive it so I did last week. Had no severe reaction just a small fever, some overall muscle aches and felt lethargic the next day.

I had my second Pfizer dose at 12:40 on Monday. Monday afternoon I had a bit of a headache, but I wasn't sure if it was from bad sleep on Sunday night, or the vaccine. Well, last night I got hit with the bag of bricks. Around 5:30 I was feeling very tired with a headache, this continued through dinner. Around 6:45 I got chills and body aches. We got home and put the kids to bed and I laid down for a while. By 9:00 I was feeling better, but not 100%, got to bed around 9:30 and slept fine, and feel ok today. Wild how fast it came on and left.

Like with all of this, it is a dice roll. A golf buddy of mine got the 'rona in October, bad flu symptoms and loss of taste and smell. Got the first shot of Moderna and it kicked his butt. Second shot mild aches and pains with overall fatigue.

A cousin who got the 'rona in November really bad, got the Moderna, both first and second shot just a light headache and a bit tired the next day.

I for the Moderna just had a sore shoulder for both shots. The second the shoulder hurt for a few extra days than the first. I don't think I got Covid before. Day after 2nd shot I jogged 6 miles and the day after that I walked 18 holes.

All of us under 50

Seems all a dice roll.

My son (27 and healthy) and myself (58 and not as healthy) both got our 2nd shot of Phizer yesterday at noon. No issues with both of us! Good luck to all that still need to get it.

2nd Moderna yesterday at 11am. Felt fin until about 4:30 in the morning. Chills, aches, no appetite and a huge headache. Hope it only lasts a day

:unsure: As posted previously, a month after the second shot, I experienced rashes popping up in different places. Did more reading, and apparently, a vaccine can bring back once dormant or underlying issues.:oops:

After a week of antihistamine and Benadryl itching cream, the rashes are disappearing and no longer itch.:D

Was it high tension from work, the vaccine, or a weird combo of both. Don't know. But gone.:D

I think it has something to do with your body already having the antibodies so it reacts much stronger. Kind of why usually the 2nd shot causes more reaction your body has antibodies now and attacks harder. I was told this by my step sister who had covid and then got her vaccination, she reacted pretty hard to her first shot, and she was told this by the people running the vaccine site.

I got slammed after the first shot. Had my second yesterday and today feel really achey in all my joints. No chill yet like the first shot though. Most of us at work got shots yesterday. Today, I’m pretty much running an airport on my own LOL.

Finally feeling normal again, after the 2nd shot (Moderna). It was a rough day there, but glad to be through it and on the other side of things.

Received my 2nd Pfizer shot about 3 hours ago. So far no issues at all. Removing the band aid was worst part.

Also, the nice lady nurse discussed the possibility of a 3rd Pfizer "booster" shot in 6 months, then one yearly after that. Told her to sign me up........

Sore arm after the second one, much like a tetanus shot. that's it.

Got the first Pfizer dose yesterday afternoon. My arm was really sore last night, like somewhere in between getting punched really hard and the feeling after a gym workout that went way too far. It hurt a lot to move certain ways, like raising my arm over my head. Pain level went down this morning, but it’s still really sore when I move it. My wife and brother also got first doses of Pfizer yesterday and have been experiencing roughly the same thing.

The shot itself was unlike any other I’ve ever had though. Completely pain free. I didn’t even feel it puncture the skin. I just barely felt something touch me briefly and it was done.

Last edited:
Mine were two glasses of Cab 30 minutes after. No problem at all with the J&J. Now I did have the shingles vaccine three weeks later. I got up the next morning to work out. I felt pretty hazy driving to the Y. I made it about 15 minutes then drove....very slowly back home.

Had my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday morning. Felt fine all day but got extremely tired around 9:30. Woke up this morning feeling fine only issue is a very slight headache. My arm is not even sore at all.!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back