Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine were two glasses of Cab 30 minutes after. No problem at all with the J&J. Now I did have the shingles vaccine three weeks later. I got up the next morning to work out. I felt pretty hazy driving to the Y. I made it about 15 minutes then drove....very slowly back home.

Yeah, that shringrix beat me up too.

2nd shot of Pfizer on Monday and it was a little sore on Tuesday afternoon but after that nothing. Fully vaccinated now.

Got the first Pfizer dose yesterday afternoon. My arm was really sore last night, like somewhere in between getting punched really hard and the feeling after a gym workout that went way too far. It hurt a lot to move certain ways, like raising my arm over my head. Pain level went down this morning, but it’s still really sore when I move it. My wife and brother also got first doses of Pfizer yesterday and have been experiencing roughly the same thing.

The shot itself was unlike any other I’ve ever had though. Completely pain free. I didn’t even feel it puncture the skin. I just barely felt something touch me briefly and it was done.

I’m almost 24 hours from getting the shot and the pain I described above is almost gone, just feels like a bruise when touched now.

My son had Covid in December. He had his first shot of Moderna on Saturday and got sick, a higher fever, chills for two days and now he is better. Should someone who had Covid expect an even worse reaction on the second vaccine?
Yes.

People who have had COVID experience worse reaction.

Also, even for people who did NOT have COVID, the second shot tends to have high instances of side-effects and more severe side-effects.

I received the Astra-Zeneca around 11:15 this morning. Felt absolutely nothing until about 45 minutes ago, at which point I have put layer upon layer of clothing because I am absolutely freezing! I think I'm headed to bed with a heating pad shortly.... this is ridiculous!

My wife had her 2nd Pfizer shot 52 hours ago and had nothing other than a slightly sore arm for about 36 hours. I had my 2nd Pfizer shot 30 hours ago and noticed a sore arm when I woke up this morning, but the pain is 95% gone now. I lifted weights this morning and played 18 holes afterward in 45* rain showers and felt great for both. We are both super happy to be vaccinated, and soon our 21 and 23-year-olds will get their 2nd vaccination.

On a side note, my daughters college, University of San Diego, has aready annouced they will be requiring a Covid vaccination for all returning students before they are allowed anywhere on campus when the fall semester starts in August.

Last edited:
Got my 2nd Pfizer vaccine Tuesday. Nothing but a little sore arm

I had quite the rollercoaster ride last night after retiring to bed. I had the chills for most of the night. I was up once around 10:00 PM to use the bathroom and passed out face-first onto the floor. Chills continued upon returning to bed. I hesitantly arose around 3:00 AM to use the bathroom again, and it was 50/50 if it was going to pass out again or be sick to my stomach. Fortunately since I was already on all fours the fall wasn't as far this time. I managed to grab the iPad to send an email to the office letting them know I wouldn't be in. Chills finally resolved around 6:00 AM but I still felt like I was hit by a B-train; have spent most of the day in bed.
In hindsight I can't remember the last time I had a flu shot, I guess this was karma.

Fortunately since I was already on all fours the fall wasn't as far this time.

About six years ago, I was walking to the bathroom when I started feeling lightheaded. I immediately sat down on my bathroom floor, in case was about to pass out, which had happened to me once many years prior. Next thing I knew, I was waking up on the floor of my bathroom and the back of my head hurt. Turns out that I was about to pass out, and when I did, I fell backwards and hit the back of my head on the top of the bottom door hinge. I got a concussion, with all kinds of strange neurological problems, that put me mostly on bed rest for the next six months. It took a year before I felt completely normal again.

I had the second Pfizer yesterday. Was fine for the first 24 hours then chills hit me hard. Do not feel good right now. A nap helped though I’m not sure what else I might be in for the few hours.

Had my 2nd Pfizer on Wednesday. Woke up with a sore arm and some mild body aches which were easily treated with Acetaminophen.

Had my 2nd Moderna yesterday at 4pm. No issues whatsoever all of last night. This morning, I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a truck. In short, I spent the entire day feeling like I had the flu without the illness (if that makes sense)

Fever came and went, and my body ached every which way. As I write this, it is 1040pm, and the fatigue is finally beginning to subside.

Hopefully I'll be a spring chicken in the morning.

Second Pfizer on 4-22. Sore arm that I treated with ice. About 30 hours felt good, then just felt blah. No fever, nothing specific. Nurse told me Tylenol was fine, no ibuprofen. Slept 3 hours, woke up feeling normal.

Wife had her second vaccine shot yesterday. She had a slight fever and felt a bit run down most of today.

Recieved my 2nd Pfizer shot 62 hours ago. Still nothing. Not that I could tell after falling earlier today. lol.

Still need to go another 100 hours before I figure I'm out of the woods.

The nurse said there might be a 6 month booster shot needed, then one yearly after that. Just rumblings right now.

2nd Pfizer yesterday at noon. Felt good yesterday. Today periodic spells of tiredness, occasional headache and body aches but nothing major.

Been a rough day, I haven’t felt like moving. Was both hot and cold at the same time. After about 12 hours now it is starting to get better.

Just got my 2nd of Pfizer. Fingers crossed.

Update since this morning: My superpowers I think have slowly started to develop. A cat walked up to me out of nowhere and meowed at me. I stared at it told it to go away, and it turned around and left. I may have some ability to speak to animals. Still a work in progress that will require more testing. Child also left her little sit on car in the living room. It was in my way, so I picked it up and moved it. Superhuman strength? We shall see.

After a 2hr nap that my body deemed necessary, the only negative is that my injection spot hurts a bit. No fever, no other aches.
It does feel pretty superheroish to walk into non mask requiring places without a mask and feel fine even if someone coughs LOL!

2nd Pfizer almost 24 hours ago. Arm pain was much less this go round. Slight headache as with the first but nothing else yet.

Now that my wife and I are 3 and 4 days out from our 2nd Pfizer vaccine I can confidently say we were among the 50% who had no reaction to the vaccine other than a slightly sore arm.

Now that my wife and I are 3 and 4 days out from our 2nd Pfizer vaccine I can confidently say we were among the 50% who had no reaction to the vaccine other than a slightly sore arm.

Give it a couple of months before you call yourself cleared - it took 6 weeks for a rash to break out so I guess the immune system is working. Searching the inter web, like any vaccine, it can bring out latent defects. Stories I've read show that, for example, some of us have a form of herpes (not STD) and people see blistering, and one story is that a brain tumor that existed in one patient, only showed up after the vaccine and helped save the man. Some odd stuff. I had a rash after 6 weeks but Claritin and Benadryl cream got rid of it after a week.

Last edited:
First shot moderna in March. just sore arm. Felt nothing.

Had my second shot of moderna Thursday 7am. By 6pm I was having cold/hot sweats and my head was spinning. Felt like a truck ran me over and then back over. By Friday night 7pm ish, my head was a little foggy and I felt normal and rested sat morning. Still a sore arm.

Had my 2nd Moderna yesterday, last night was rough but I was expecting to get hit pretty hard since the first one messed me up. Woke up around 1am with a fever, shaking profusely, and laying in a pool of sweat. That lasted until about 5am. Now I just feel run down and have a headache. I’d compare it to the last few days of when I actually had Covid. Really hoping there is a booster in the future instead of 2 shots because I don’t want to do that again. On the upside, it’s done for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back