Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it a couple of months before you call yourself cleared - it took 6 weeks for a rash to break out so I guess the immune system is working. Searching the inter web, like any vaccine, it can bring out latent defects. Stories I've read show that, for example, some of us have a form of herpes (not STD) and people see blistering, and one story is that a brain tumor that existed in one patient, only showed up after the vaccine and helped save the man. Some odd stuff. I had a rash after 6 weeks but Claritin and Benadryl cream got rid of it after a week.

A quick search found this article and this article and this article (and many more just like it), that explain it’s Shingles, and it was happening after the 1st shot, to 6 women with known autoimmune disorders. Not to say it can’t and hasn’t happened to others in different situations, but all the articles are referencing the same study.

A quick search found this article and this article and this article (and many more just like it), that explain it’s Shingles, and it was happening after the 1st shot, to 6 women with known autoimmune disorders. Not to say it can’t and hasn’t happened to others in different situations, but all the articles are referencing the same study.

I did not have shingles.:oops: Rashes are not common but they occur. It's not a big deal. It goes away. Most people do not have issues.

I do think that States, Foreign Countries and airlines will require the Vaccine at some point. If you want to travel, the vaccine is relatively harmless to all but a very tiny, tiny percentage from my reading. Glad I got it.

I did not have shingles.:oops: Rashes are not common but they occur. It's not a big deal. It goes away.

I was simply referring to the part where you said herpes, I was curious about it because I knew it was a form of shingles/chicken pox and I had been hearing rumors about that too so I decided to Google it and those were the first three articles that popped up.

I was simply referring to the part where you said herpes, I was curious about it because I knew it was a form of shingles/chicken pox and I had been hearing rumors about that too so I decided to Google it and those were the first three articles that popped up.

Thx. From my limited reading, many vaccines have some type of side effect for a very limited number of people.

First shot moderna in March. just sore arm. Felt nothing.

Had my second shot of moderna Thursday 7am. By 6pm I was having cold/hot sweats and my head was spinning. Felt like a truck ran me over and then back over. By Friday night 7pm ish, my head was a little foggy and I felt normal and rested sat morning. Still a sore arm.
The aftermath of the second shot is a real doozy.

None. Sore arm for a day on both shots. I was fretting the second one. Too many people warned me it would be awful. But neither my wife or I had any issues.

the day after my second shot I had a lot of joint aches but otherwise I was fine.

second dose of Moderna tomorrow

Age 35, Pfizer shot.

I felt super tired and foggy for an hour or two after my first shot, then nothing. Maybe some lingering fatigue but we have a 9 month old at home so it’s hard to distinguish if that was the same fatigue I’ve been feeling the last 9 months or the shot. Luckily no soreness in my body or the shot site, although my wife (32) had some, but nothing major.

We both just got our 2nd shots this morning. Will report back with any side effects in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My youngest son got his 2nd shot last week. Coupled with spring allergies and getting over a head cold, he felt pretty rough for a day. He was better by the weekend.

I get my 2nd moderna shot tomorrow hoping for just a sore arm.

my wife and i got the 2nd pfizer shot on sunday. both of us felt fine sunday night but all day monday i was sick. just felt off all day long. didn't help that i had to travel monday morning, so 4 hours in the car and then i laid on a couch and fell asleep around 6:30. woke up off and on through the night but basically slept for 13 hours. i still feel kinda crappy today. wife is not feeling good either.

24 hrs later just a sore arm. Hopefully that’s it.

Started feeling a bit foggy around the 36 hour mark, and a bit achy. Took some medicine and went to bed for the night, feel back to normal this morning.

Just got my second Moderna this morning. Hoping for just a sore arm.

Well second shot is kicking my ass just as hard as the first with the exception of my arm doesn’t hurt at all. I’m chalking that up to the fact that I did a pretty big workout yesterday that involved my arms and I used the Theragun on it multiple times to keep it loose. Otherwise, I’ve been devoid of any energy, I’ve had really bad chills all day and I have a fever. I’m sitting at 26 hours right now so hopefully not much longer

Give it a couple of months before you call yourself cleared - it took 6 weeks for a rash to break out so I guess the immune system is working. .
Are you sure the rash was from the vaccine?

Are you sure the rash was from the vaccine?

Never had a rash like this before. Thought it was poison ivy? But it did not react like poison ivy to the usual topical treatment. And It popped up in various and strange places over several days. It's not like I do that much during Covid...:LOL: Except go to the range or grocery store.

This is a great article about the development of the vaccines. The technology that was used can be easily altered to vaccinate against new viruses in the future. It is also potentially far more effective than current vaccinations we already have. I think the debate over whether to vaccinate or not has overshadowed the remarkable acheivement these companies have created. It is possible that years from now the development of these vaccines will be a watershed moment in healthcare for human beings.

https://www.economist.com/technolog...es-have-performed-remarkably-quickly-and-well

I am just past the 24hr mark of having my 2nd shot of Moderna. My arm is not even sore today which is weird as shot number 1 it hurt bad. I was able to workout this morning and all seems normal! Hoping it stays like this.

2nd shot yesterday. Woke up with a sore arm. I wasn't even thinking about my vaccination. Thought I slept on it wrong. When I got out of bed, I was light headed to the point that I had to focus to stay on my feet. So far today I am in outer space and feel that low energy state of when I am sick. I guess I will lay low today. I did not expect this.

4 days after and i am still not 100%...still feel off a little and tired

Recently got my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. No real side effects on my end. A bit of a sore arm and a headache the next day, but otherwise no issues.

Received both shots of Pfizer vaccine. Second shot was on 4/21. First shot I had a sore arm, but nothing else to report. Second shot I had a splitting headache for 24 hours, but nothing else. I also tested positive for Covid back in November of 2020. My fiance also received both Pfizer shots when I did. Same feeling on the first, but had full body aches/slight fever/headache/shaky feeling for 24 hours after. She never tested positive for covid when I had it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back