Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second Moderna on the morning of 4/27. Late last night I was a little shaky but able to sleep. Woke up this morning super fatigued. Struggled through a work call and went back to sleep for a few hours. Seem to be fine now.

4/28 - 11 a.m. 2nd Moderna.... 8 pm... fell asleep watching TV, but then I do that for about an hour anyway. 10 p.m. sore arm. 2 a.m. cranky stomach... nothing bad... could have been dinner. Continued through the day. Ate lunch around 3:00. Feeling better now. Arm is still sore. Stomach is still a little cranky, but not as bad. I'm probably through the worst of it.

Had my first Pfizer shot on 4/10. Just a minor sore arm, which is expected as the shot is administered to your muscle not the fat. Tearing a muscle even with a needle will cause soreness.

Had my second Pfizer shot yesterday. Again just a minor sore arm.

Knock on wood that sore arm is all the discomfort there is.

Lots of fatigue, and my excuse for shooting in the high 90s against my middling 80's scoring average

I had my second last Thursday and except for a slightly sore arm (not sore enough to prevent me from playing golf) the next day I was fine.

I am 1 shot of Astrazenica in, received last Wednesday.

So far, besides a terrible nights sleep the night of the shot, and a sore arm, relatively unscathed.
Very happy with that, considering after my last flu shot I was stuck in bed for 3 days straight.

Shot # 2 - 5G flowing and on the radar for tracking.... side effects TBD - hopefully no third eye formation and limitation of sickness.

I had my 2nd dose a week ago and the only side effects that I had were a sore arm at the injection site and the next day I had very slight chills and body aches but they only lasted a couple hours. Other than that, no side effects.

Moderna first shot Slight sore arm that is it.

2nd Shot yesterday @0930 was fine all day until 0330 this morning. Felt like hammered dog sh!t. Body aches, slight fever, chills, Nausea, and nose got super stuffy. Now at 1805 I feel 100% better and back to normal. So 12 hrs of "this sucks" now back to normal.

Whoop said 6% recovery from increase in resting heart rate, increased respiratory rate at about 1 breath a min. HRV decreased and sleep was only 3 hrs and could not fall back asleep. Here is the pod cast from Whoop talking about the correlation with the Data and the shots.

One week past my 2nd Moderna shot and no issues were had at all! Feeling lucky about that.

Both my sons had their second shots with no ill affects, but sister is having flu like symptoms after her second.

Well, I'm about 2 weeks past my 2nd Pfizer shot. Nothing what so ever strange went on. I'm not even sure the first shot caused anything strange now that I think about it.

Spent a few hours in an outdoor, very crowded environment this past weekend. Nothing from that as yet.

So I wiill now put this covid shot mystery to rest for now. I will continue to be careful in crowds. Wear a mask, and wash my hands periodically. Not a bad habit to be in I suppose. Probably will help with seasonal allergies, and perhaps the common cold.

just about 24 hours into 2nd shot and slightly sore arm, but nothing major.

I read an article today that seniors, with other underlying health issues, are most likely good candidates for a booster, covid shot in 6 months.

Normally I wouldn't pay much attention to these articles. However, I have monthly video chats with my VA pharmacist/doctor who's also mentioned this possibility.

Took my second Pfizer shot yesterday. Bit woozy on the drive home, and had an elevated temperature. Sleepy, run down, and sweaty. That’s all I got. I thought with the higher temperature that it was me adapting to learn how to shoot fire, or catch on fire like a human torch but no such luck. Just a literal hot mess.

Second Pfizer shot this afternoon. Feeling OK so far. I'm dealing with some other health issues right now so I'm hoping the vaccine doesn't make those worse (doctor said I should still get vaccine though). Guess I'll see what tomorrow brings.

I thought the same but was told by the nurse who gave me the 2nd shot yesterday that I could take ibuprofen if needed for a sore arm. But, I guess you don't get sore right away.

True. I didn't even feel the first shot until the next day when I had a bit of a sore arm.

Perfect Example:

Q-29. Should I plan to take Tylenol or Motrin before my vaccine dose?
A. If you regularly take acetaminophen (e.g., Tylenol), ibuprofen (e.g., Motrin, Advil) or aspirin for other medical conditions, please continue to do so as directed by your physician or as needed. Otherwise, do not pre-medicate before getting the vaccine. In general, taking these over-the-counter medications that reduce fever or inflammation before receiving a vaccination may reduce its ability to work and blunt your immune response to the vaccine. The time to take these medications is after the vaccination when you have symptoms that make you uncomfortable. If you do have symptoms, don’t hesitate to take an over-the-counter medication to help you feel better. However, if you usually take these medications for other medical reasons, continue to take them per your normal routine.

6 of 1 and a half a dozen of the other.....

Think its called: "Poke and Hope"

HUH?! These are not even comparable situations. If you are taking NSAIDs per doctors orders for some other condition, that in no way equates to "prophylactic" use based on rumor or suspicion. I had a mild reaction to the second shot, just a feeling of tiredness. No nausea, fever, headache, anything like that. Just felt kind of "blah". I took nothing for it. This impresses me more with what a bunch of spoiled babies we have become! God help us if we have to endure any discomfort at all! Who shall we blame?!

This is nothing more than the "victim culture" writ large! And I find it disgusting!

They say side effects mainly afflict those people under the age of 50. I guess I am safe and had my Second Pfizer shot on Tuesday with no ill effects (hopefully there is not a "YET" to that).

I got my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday and my only symptom was a sore arm, same as the first shot. Last summer my company configured 15k phones for the Moderna trial so it was pretty cool to get this vaccine.

Second Pfizer shot yesterday. Sore arm, body aches, slight fever today nearly 24 hours after the shot. Hoping that's the worst of it.

second moderna on thursday. woke up friday with a killer headache. felt worse and worse as the day wore on. went to bed at 6pm freezing cold and feeling downright awful. woke up a few hours later feeling super hot, but not nearly as bad. woke up this morning feeling 100%, even went and played a round of golf. shot 1 i got in my non-dominant arm and it was pretty sore for 4 days. shot 2 i got in my dominant arm, and this is day 2 and it doesn't feel bad at all.

Glad all of you got through the vaccine without severe consequences. Sadly, according to the reporting out of the Vaccine Adverse Effects Reporting System (VAERS) there are at least 3,300 people (and counting) who won't be responding to this thread.

Let’s keep this to personal impacts please.

2nd Moderna yesterday. Fine for about 12 hours then started to get low grade fever, achy, headache and general fatigue. Worse through the night, then started to improve today. Still improving but definitely still not at 100% yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back