Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad all of you got through the vaccine without severe consequences. Sadly, according to the reporting out of the Vaccine Adverse Effects Reporting System (VAERS) there are at least 3,300 people (and counting) who won't be responding to this thread.

Out of how many vaccinated? I guess everyone must cater to the minority these days!

No side effects from the 1st dose other than a sore arm, 2nd dose was aches and pains and spiked a temp for about 8 hrs then back to normal.

I had my second Moderna Tuesday early. Played after, felt fine until the afternoon. Little chest/lung pain, achey, just feeling drug down. By midnight I was over 103 and could not stop shaking. Pounded some ibu but started throwing up before it got anywhere. Kept some down around 4 and finally stopped shaking (wife was getting a little freaked out about that, it was a bit intense), and got a couple hours of cold shivery sleep. Fever was down to moderate by mid morning, real achey, little short of breath still, went and played bad golf. Made me want graphite shafts, encased in marshmallow. lol Mostly fine by early evening, just wore out from a bad night. Night of okay sleep and right as rain the next - shot 64. Would do it the same.

- again - I had covid last summer, not exactly minor, for anyone that wants to know

I am 24 hours in and other than that feeling of just being wore out yesterday and a sore arm I really am not feeling much. Maybe a little achiness in my back but nothing horrible.

Out of how many vaccinated? I guess everyone must cater to the minority these days!
Also it just indicates if they had the vaccine and died not if the vaccine caused the death.

Had my second AstraZeneca jab yesterday with no side effects.

It's been several weeks now since my 2nd Pfizer shot. Still no side effects what so ever. Never had any. Not sure if thats good, or bad thing.

In contrast, my 43 year old son in law had no issues after his 1st Pfizer shot. However, 4 weeks later, a few hours after his 2nd shot, he felt so bad, he had to go to the ER. He spent two nights in the hospital for observation.

Although not required to do so, I wil continue to wear a mask, and use sanitized handy wipes as needed. The mask seems help with my allergies.

Had my first Prizer shot 24 hours ago and other than a little bit of right arm soreness last night which Advil took care of, no side effects.

Although not required to do so, I wil continue to wear a mask, and use sanitized handy wipes as needed. The mask seems help with my allergies.
What’s so funny is that now people are vaccinated and not wearing masks, we are starting to see an uptick on the other nasty little bugs that go around. One cool side effect of the mask mandate and vigilant sanitization was the elimination of all the normal stuff that our kids would be home sick with.

so true @wubears71. I don't know anyone that caught the flu last year.

Well, as of today, there have been 2 billion doses administered worldwide

I’ve noticed since my second injection, my name appears in available devices under the Bluetooth list on my iPhone.

I’ve noticed since my second injection, my name appears in available devices under the Bluetooth list on my iPhone.
What. Only Bluetooth and no 5G? Are you sure you got both shots?

Update - about a week after 2nd vaccination, so early May, both knees started to ache. No trauma or strain that I recall. I seem to remember joint pain was a Covid symptom early on? Anyway, right knee still sore.

My wife and I just had our second Pfizer shots. She felt crappy the next day (mild fever, achey, headache). Conversely, I didn't even have a sore arm. 🤔

So who knows. Maybe I got lucky or integrated it more readily. Maybe I just got saline, or perhaps she has a more active defense system?

Anyhow, it's done

Pfizer vaccine. Nothing after first shot. Second shot, I had chills overnight, and felt like I was hit by a truck the next day. Took kids to swim class and then had my parents watch them as I slept for the next 5 hours. Achy, tired, just felt beat up. Didn’t eat anything until late at night. Finally felt better the following day in the afternoon.

I’m convinced based on my reaction after the vaccine I had COVID in December 2019. Had same symptoms then.

Just got the Moderna booster yesterday and I have had more aches and fatigue/headache than both of the vaccine shots.

Wow, is this timely. I just scheduled my Moderna booster for Nov. 19. I didn't have much of a reaction to the first 2 shots. Sore arm after the first, felt kind of "blah" the day after the second. Was kind of wondering what the booster might do to me.

Wow, is this timely. I just scheduled my Moderna booster for Nov. 19. I didn't have much of a reaction to the first 2 shots. Sore arm after the first, felt kind of "blah" the day after the second. Was kind of wondering what the booster might do to me.

Well, if there is one thing you should be well aware of by now, not everyone's experience will be exactly the same. If you are high risk, have health concerns etc. and your Doc recommends it, you should go ahead with your plans.

PS: this thread really should go the way of the Dodo....

I had the Pfizer booster last Saturday. I had a little bit of a soreness around the injection site, that’s all.

It is still mild. Just more so than the other two.

Also it’s half the dose you got in each of the other shots

Got my Pfizer booster last week, just a sore shoulder!

Im going on 8 months since my second pfizer shot. No ill effects
back then, and still nothing now.

As I understand it, I'm about due for a booster, but have not been notified yet.

My Wife, and have traveled all over the country since August. Im vaxxed, she's not. Neither one of us have been sick with anything. Not since December of 2019. Not even a little sniffle.

I do have first hand knowledge of a married couple who were vaccinated several months ago. She was sick for a few days after the shots. She then caught the covid in August, and her husband caught it from her. She's fine after dealing with it for 2 weeks. Her husband on the other hand, although no ill effects from the shots, is still struggling with the after effects of the virus going on his 5th week. He has a few hours of energy in the morning, then back in bed for the next 18 hours.

My stock broker who was unvaccinated, caught the virus back in December 2019. At the time they thought he caught a new, unknown strain of the flu. Later he was rediagnosed as actually having the covid He finally passed away in September. He just never got over the covid after effects after leaving the hospital in February 2020.

My Granddaughter who works in various hospitals is a radiologist. Her fiancé, who is an MD fresh out of med school both say the covid virus is still out there. People are still spreading it, and others are still dying from it. That it's no joke

Just got the Moderna booster yesterday and I have had more aches and fatigue/headache than both of the vaccine shots.
Well that’s terrifying. I had to take a day of PTO after my second moderna. Pretty nervous about the booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back