Status
Not open for further replies.

scott.french3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was just notified I am scheduled to get the covid vaccine on Friday. Will provide an update after getting it. I have had several friends come down with Covid and experienced various symptoms including requiring hospitalization to treat pneumonia. Fortunately all have recovered or are getting better.

Best of luck! My wife had her second round of the Pfizer vaccine last week and all is well.

Good luck! My wife has already had both doses. She was fine on the first one but had a small fever on the 2nd dose and her arm hurt more.

I've heard the sore arm is the most common side effect from the vaccine.

Looking forward to your update. Hope all goes well.

Sweet!

Wife just got scheduled for her 1st dose. Both my in-laws have completed both doses of the Pfizer vaccine. Only FIL reported feeling crummy the next day due to his immune response.

The science behind the vaccine is pretty cool. I'm not a medical expert but seems like an elegant engineering solution to the problem!

Good stuff. My wife has been administrating the covid vaccine for our local hospital. Its been almost a month now and quite a wild ride already. She said the first of the 80+ group that received the vaccine yesterday were super excited & thankful. She told her staff to welcome the gratitude when they get it because it probably won't last... unfortunately the projection on when my turn will get her seems like months away...

...so I sit here on my laptop and await golf season...

The few friends I have that have gotten both doses said the second dose was pretty rough. It is still worth it in the long run.

I have gotten the first dose so far. It took forever and Oklahoma doesn't have a great system in place for it. Moderna had no real issues except a sore arm.

I was just notified I am scheduled to get the covid vaccine on Friday. Will provide an update after getting it. I have had several friends come down with Covid and experienced various symptoms including requiring hospitalization to treat pneumonia. Fortunately all have recovered or are getting better.

I received the first dose (Pfizer) last week. The process here in AZ of getting the shot is very well done.
I had typical injection site soreness after 12 hours that lasted a day. A bit of general tiredness and low grade headache from the vaccine. That all passed within 36 hours.

my second dose is scheduled for 21 days after first. I really hope everyone can receive the vaccine soon.

Best wishes on your vaccine. I can't wait till I can get mine !

good luck!

I just got a call from my parents informing me they have or had the shot and my inlaws are getting it Tuesday. I'm pumped to see our front line people and elderly getting some protection!

One of my coworkers just got it and he said he had some flu like symptoms today. I know a half a dozen other people who had it and the worst I heard from them was a sore arm.

Not planning to get it myself. I don’t like doing things to my body without knowing the long term affects. Too many lawyer commercials on TV I guess. Even when I had my abdominal surgery I had three options. Two with about 5 years of data and one with over 20 years. The one with over 20 years was probably the most invasive but I went that route because of the amount of long term data.

California seems pretty behind the curve on getting the vaccine out. As an essential worker, I’ve been told I’m in the second group to get it, but no idea when that will actually be. As soon as I get the chance, I’m there! Get it in me!

Best of luck!

Personally, I plan to not get one unless required by work. I’ve never gotten the flu shot and never gotten the flu so I’ll keep marching on.

I'm nervous to even get it. Basically because I have asthma and allergies and I'm just not comfortable with it not being tested well yet.

Best of luck! My wife had her second round of the Pfizer vaccine last week and all is well.

Same with my wife's mom. She had her second dose a few days ago and all is good.

I did the math on how many doses MN is doing the last couple of days and at the current pace it will take about 200 days to get 75% of the population done. I'm hoping the supply will ramp up as other vaccines come online and hopefully by May I can get the vaccine.

Hoping my parents get their first dose soon. I think they are about 3 weeks out based on KY's schedule. I will get mine whenever I can, but 40 year olds that work from home are low priority.

I read a great article about a vaccination site worker. She was saying working their was like working at Disney world. It was the happiest place on Earth. Everyone that comes is so excited and thankful to get their vaccines.

I'm nervous to even get it. Basically because I have asthma and allergies and I'm just not comfortable with it not being tested well yet.

Most allergies are not a reason for concern. Asthma is a reason to be concerned about Covid. Talk with your doctor. They will be able to help you understand what is best for you and alleviate concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back