Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my first dose of the Moderna today. No issues at all. Not even any tenderness at the injection site.
my tenderness did not show up until the next day.

Had my first dose of the Moderna today. No issues at all. Not even any tenderness at the injection site.
My very uneducated guess is that the fever and pain is from when your body actually has an immune response to the vaccine which is why some people are getting it from the first dose, but many are getting it on the 2nd dose. I believe our immune systems cause the fever humans generally experience.

My very uneducated guess is that the fever and pain is from when your body actually has an immune response to the vaccine which is why some people are getting it from the first dose, but many are getting it on the 2nd dose. I believe our immune systems cause the fever humans generally experience.
yes this is my take as well. the immune response is more pronounced on with the second dose, because our bodies were primed for it by the first dose. The two doses are required to get the total response required for the level of protection proven by tests. Also remember that it still takes 2 weeks after second dose to reach that level of immunity potential.

Best of luck!

Personally, I plan to not get one unless required by work. I’ve never gotten the flu shot and never gotten the flu so I’ll keep marching on.

I’m with you on this. Despite my recent health issues I worry about the long term effects.

That’s not what this is about though, although someone thought it wise to provide me with 400 vials of the Phizer Vaccine, 2400 doses are in my care and waiting to start administering in the morning.

I now have to order dry ice and/or have plans in place to administer all 2400 doses inside 10 days. I’m gonna need someone else to get certified in arm sticking pretty damn quick or my pharmacist staff is going to be crying on my shoulders for the next couple weeks.

Best of luck!

Personally, I plan to not get one unless required by work. I’ve never gotten the flu shot and never gotten the flu so I’ll keep marching on.

Right there with ya, I just have issues being told what to do. Kind of irks me. If work makes me get it, fine but I ain’t gotta be happy about it.

Looking forward to my turn when it’s time.

I’m with you on this. Despite my recent health issues I worry about the long term effects.

That’s not what this is about though, although someone thought it wise to provide me with 400 vials of the Phizer Vaccine, 2400 doses are in my care and waiting to start administering in the morning.

I now have to order dry ice and/or have plans in place to administer all 2400 doses inside 10 days. I’m gonna need someone else to get certified in arm sticking pretty damn quick or my pharmacist staff is going to be crying on my shoulders for the next couple weeks.
What long term effects are you worried about? Just curious, as people mention this but never specify.

My wife was very nervous about getting the vaccine and held off, even though she's in the OR every day. With new variants becoming more prevalent that are much more infectious she went ahead and got the 1st Pfeizer injection last week. No issues at all. She's nervous about the 2nd one. TBD.

What long term effects are you worried about? Just curious, as people mention this but never specify.

Well, first of all it’s the first ever RNA vaccine ever produced.

Well actually, this isn’t the place for that so if really interested in my thoughts PM me. I’ll be happy to share.

I’m as down for a science experiment as the next person, I just don’t wanna be that science experiment. Hell I'm doing one now, but it’s more a yield vs potential thing.

My sister got both doses already, I think she got the Pfizer one. She didn’t have any issues but a few of the doctors in her practice got pretty sick from it.

I’m not personally interested in getting it, but I am not the person who needs it. I would like my parents and in-laws to get it though. If it means peace of mind for them and they can get out of the house, then I am all for it for them.

Yeah, as someone that’s about 3 weeks removed from 2o months of chemo, I’m not real thrilled at the thought of anything that can make me sick. I’m still fighting 99% of the side effects. I’d prefer not to get near deathly ill just to prevent being deathly ill, possibly.

I have 2400 doses of the Pfizer vaccine on hand to start tomorrow. All of my needle pokers ever can’t keep up with that. I have about 2k people come in on a daily basis, but most are after a loaf of bread, milk, etc. we fill about 400 Rx’s a Day on average. Giving 200+ vaccines a day on top of that is going to be tough. No more days off I guess?

Storage instructions for the Pfizer isn’t as bad as you’ve heard. You have 10 days and 6 hours to administer it once it arrives, without adding dry ice. I’m not sure why some of my eggheads are so eggheady, but they are. I forget the specifics but we can dry ice the hell out of it 3-4 times (15-20 days) and once we move it to the fridge (and it’s thawed likely adding another 2-3 days) we have 5 days at that temp. Then it has to be mixed and used in 6 hours. Once room temp all has to be gone inside of 6 hours.

So really not too bad. You don’t need a speciality fridge. Just some dry ice as they expect it to be gone PDQ.

This is where is gets interesting and I can provide a little feedback but those that know my true identity, please don’t put this out there with it.

As a pharmacy that is providing the vaccine we pay zero for it and get zero from it... from a patient with no insurance. Insurance companies have agreed to pay an “administration fee” for it, I think (strongly) that its $25.00 per person with insurance. Those without will still get it and we’ll get nothing outside of paying a $60-$80 an hour pharmacist the 5 minutes it’ll take them to review and administer it.

It’s not going to be a revenue stream for us. The $25 admin fee will be ate up by their salary, the number of shots that’ll be given, and the uninsured saying “tradesies!”

Ahh whatever. I just roll with em anymore.

It’s good stuff. I’m proud to say I’m involved in the engineering behind the next phase of the vaccine production - this is the one that does not require the crazy low storage temperatures.

Best of luck!

My boss has asked me no less than 6 times if I was getting it.(They are prioritizing teachers and medical) every time she's asked, I've said "is my job on the line if I don't?" "No" then that's a big no for me, if something changes, LMK.

Why a no?
Reasonably healthy 40yo, with mostly limited interactions, reasonably rigorous protocols in place for limiting spread. I'm not anti-vac. I feel like my mom, wife's grandparents should get it. My wife got hers today. Just probably roll the dice on not being the 1%... unless it effects my job.

My wife has gotten both doses. The worse side effect she had was a bit of a sore arm.

I am probably quite a ways away from being eligible, but I will 100% be getting it.

I’m in the long term outlook, wait and see lane. I went to my personal doc today for my annual checkup, and we had a lengthy discussion about it. He said with my current condition (CLL) it was ok if I passed on it for now, and even offered to write something up for me if my employer insists on me getting it (they haven’t so far). Besides, my wife’s a nurse, and I’ll listen to what she learns going forward.

My boss has asked me no less than 6 times if I was getting it.(They are prioritizing teachers and medical) every time she's asked, I've said "is my job on the line if I don't?" "No" then that's a big no for me, if something changes, LMK.

I haven’t been asked by work to do it, but apparently front line bankers will be on an upcoming wave that can get it. I will support anyone that wants to get it, but it’s just not something I feel I need.

My wife has gotten both doses. The worse side effect she had was a bit of a sore arm.

I am probably quite a ways away from being eligible, but I will 100% be getting it.

With ya. Dad just got the 2nd dose. Said slight fever but nothing big. I’ll be jumping on it once my number gets called.

My wife had both doses of the Pfizer - her arm just really hurt and had a slight headache for 2 days after the 2nd shot.

Parents are on deck for it tomorrow if my memory is correct. They're both in their late 60's/mid 70's so more power to em. Let them have a bit more peace of mind.

I'm finally getting my taste and smell back. Had no fever or aches, but had congestion and loss of taste and smell, and no one around me got it. If that was Covid, unreal how it effects people differently. It felt more like a sinus infection. :confused:

Had the first dose of the Moderna on Tuesday. Wednesday my respiratory rate (from whoop) was wayyyy up and my recovery score was at 1% despite decent sleep. Didn't feel that bad, maybe a little lethargic. No headache. Resperatory rate is down today, but still higher than normal. Have not had a fever either day. Arm was pretty sore yesterday. I will say that we had 6 employees who already had the virus who also got the vaccine Tuesday, and all of them were out sick Wednesday with fever, nausea, headaches, and one with severe dizziness

If that was Covid, unreal how it effects people differently.

That is what is both mind blowing and scary. It came to my work place just before Xmas. The 2 people who brought it in, both in professions that require them to keep up a certain level of fitness, are still off work. One ended up in a coma on a ventilator. People, who, let’s say, aren’t quite as fit, back at work after 2 weeks.
Supposed to be off to a wedding in April just outside Atalanta. I’m hoping it get postponed (again). The wife asked yesterday if I still planned to go. If I’d had my 2 jabs, yes. If not, no chance!

I have not received any covid shots as yet. My age group is not scheduled yet. Guess we are expendable...lol

My wife, through her hospital volunteer work has received both of hers, as of 10 days ago. No real issues for her. She still strictly adheres to all safety protocols just to be safe..

Our local Fox 5 evening news has reported that some front line nurses, after receiving their shots, have tested positive for the covid virus. In their cases, the shots didn't work.

When made available, I am going to bathe in that stuff. There is nothing in the vaccine that has me worried about long term effects at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back